Tired of making the same post

View as article
Dude the mental *********ion I read here is something else. I’ve said enough in this thread, my blood pressure is up again like Saturday night lol. Might be time for another sabbatical 😂
they're defending something so hard its like gattis is their child. when D money calls it out I know its not just me. everyone w eyes can see what we all see right now. yes they all played a part in why were not good offensively, but when you have common themes against a really weak tune up game and then again the next week in a big game. there's more to it.

Advertisement
he wont be if this is the current offense w no tweaks. combine that w the one thing Mario cares the most about outside of playing field - recruiting. he isnt lighting it up either w our current display, hes got no shot w the elite WRs we need.
Answer the question. Thanks

Ok if the muffed is not big deal, Binary choice.

Does that muffed punt help us win the game? Yes or no

Does muffed punt hurt our chances winning the game? Yes or no

At the time of the muffed, more likely than not, Miami offense would have driven down the field and score 3 to 7 points? Yes or no

If Miami goes up 6-0 or 10-0 does that change the dynamics how TAMU approaches the game? Yes or no

Does the muffed punt help TAMU? Yes or no

Does the muffed punt hurt TAMU? Yes or no
We lost. What ifs are a waste of time. AM fans have their own excuses to counter our fans excuses if the fiction novel plays out to our liking. I look at results.

Lashlee’s offense would’ve done the same thing on Saturday. Every single time we went up against someone with as much, or more talent up front, he got shut down. Lashlee was also in his second year, not 3rd game.

***I agree Gattis needs to change***

Apparently everybody that responds to me is missing this part, bc I said the players didn’t do their part either.
I like gattis run concepts. were clearly a better run team and def better up front thanks to Mario and mirabal. no doubt about that. gattis has to realize what his roster and what they do well bc look our WRs aren't playing well but **** we dont help them succeed either in the spots we put them in. same w the system the QB has to run. you know what he can do well. do that to help him, gain some confidence, and slowly add in your offense. this staff is way too expensive for this **** right now. it was another big game loss w some similar mistakes to years past.

Advertisement
We lost. What ifs are a waste of time. AM fans have their own excuses to counter our fans excuses if your fiction novel plays out to our liking. I look at results.
ATM could say that was an incomplete ball, could say they lost two guys after already being shorthanded. we didnt do what we needed to do. its not all gattis either, but **** at some point we gotta have an intervention and make it easier on everyone on the roster. we have some. evidence that 1. there is no secret playbook 2. the players that play dont function well in this passing scheme. were just a slow team overall. its miserable to watch too

One thing I forgot to mention: John Campbell looked really good at LT.

On the podcast, I mentioned moving Zion to RT and Scaife back to RG. This gets the best 5 on the field and avoids moving Campbell just as he’s finding his footing. Hopefully Scaife is OK and we see this lineup.

How did Justice grade out?

ATM could say that was an incomplete ball, could say they lost two guys after already being shorthanded. we didnt do what we needed to do. its not all gattis either, but **** at some point we gotta have an intervention and make it easier on everyone on the roster. we have some. evidence that 1. there is no secret playbook 2. the players that play dont function well in this passing scheme. were just a slow team overall. its miserable to watch too
I thought the Southern Miss game was Chinese water torture, the A&M game said “ hold my beer”.

If I did a podcast (no @LeedsCane im not doing it) I would have a mouthful to say
Pretend this is your Podcast write up, lol

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Turning point ? In the first quarter ? Do you know the ebbs and flows of a college game? Momentum constantly changes by the minute. Yeah it was a big play but there’s another 90-100 plays wr could’ve made but didn’t. They didn’t beet themselves , that’s why they won. They made enough plays to win. We didn’t! No excuse changes the outcome or the 9 points. The rest of the Cfb world is saying “ how did Miami score 9 points when they were on their 5-6 cb’s”.

a turnover is a turnover, no matter what point of the game it happens, and turnovers are game killers. can't just wave them off if they happen early

I thought the Southern Miss game was Chinese water torture, the A&M game said “ hold my beer”.
dont worry well get more excuses out of here. people can say were being harsh but this isnt some make shift staff. its a very expensive one that has experience. we expect more out of it esp when youre given what was expected to be an elite QB.

I like gattis run concepts. were clearly a better run team and def better up front thanks to Mario and mirabal. no doubt about that. gattis has to realize what his roster and what they do well bc look our WRs aren't playing well but **** we dont help them succeed either in the spots we put them in. same w the system the QB has to run. you know what he can do well. do that to help him, gain some confidence, and slowly add in your offense. this staff is way too expensive for this **** right now. it was another big game loss w some similar mistakes to years past.
This is exactly what I said every week leading up to the game. And I’m still saying it, I just put some of the blame on guys who didn’t make the plays, they could have.

Advertisement
This is exactly what I said every week leading up to the game. And I’m still saying it, I just put some of the blame on guys who didn’t make the plays, they could have.
I agree. Ive said it wasn't all the coaching staff. the players Gotta make plays too. even if b smith catches the fourth down, I have zero confidence we even score w the time we have left.

dont worry well get more excuses out of here. people can say were being harsh but this isnt some make shift staff. its a very expensive one that has experience. we expect more out of it esp when youre given what was expected to be an elite QB.
Who cares if we are being harsh? Are these coaches our family members? Do I answer to them? No, they are some of the highest paid coaches in the country who are paid that much to produce results.

@hoops156 @TheSwagger1 You guys need to slow your roll. We just played game 3 of a new regime in a new offense. Quit the doomsday scenarios. There's 9+ games left. If the offense doesn't improve, then we can start to worry about these things but this is awfully premature at this stage.
Sometimes that’s more than enough to see the scheme and fits are bad. I agree with them.

For me, I’ve already seen enough but no choice but to let it play out. The UNC game is going to be interesting for our D and if our O can keep up if the D has a bad day.

Advertisement
isnt that atm is right now and the best they've done was a 1 loss covid year? five years into jumbo and elite recruiting (we wont get to that ever) and they're still the same 4-5 loss team they've always been. they're not very good at all. recruiting takes you only so far. even UGA has a good OC on their staff even if they dont run their O like Bama does post Lane.
Examine A&M's roster vs. Georgia's, currently and going back over the timeframe you wrote. The answer is readily apparent: Georgia's roster is talented across the board, A&M's is not.

But, yeah, it's a gamble. We made it work once, though: see Butch Davis. And he did it with fewer coins.

Sometimes that’s more than enough to see the scheme and fits are bad. I agree with them.

For me, I’ve already seen enough but no choice but to let it play out. The UNC game is going to be interesting for our D and if our O can keep up if the D has a bad day.
that unc game will be the one for me imo. they will score points. our D is good but we did play some depleted *** **** offense from atm. unc has had great offenses under brown. they will score. we wont win that game 17-7 or some ****.

Examine A&M's roster vs. Georgia's, currently and going back over the timeframe you wrote. The answer is readily apparent: Georgia's roster is talented across the board, A&M's is not.

But, yeah, it's a gamble. We made it work once, though: see Butch Davis. And he did it with fewer coins.
UGA is better coached but I agree they're not uGA. I was saying that they are basically heavily reliant on recruiting now to be good but their coaching holds them back. they have more than enough talent to not be an average SEC team every year

Uninspired. That’s the feeling I had leaving Kyle Field. It’s not the right thing to say as the owner of a fan website, but it’s the truth. It was a boring game with a familiar result. Let’s get the obvious out of the way: it's early, this is a building process, and it's way too early to make any sweeping observation about the Cristobal Era. But this was a major missed opportunity to build momentum in recruiting and within the fanbase. Some specific thoughts:

- We paid too much money for nine points. Gattis is accountable for the end result, no matter how fluky (first team since at least 2000 to have 27 first downs and zero touchdowns). Our pace was puzzling to me. Is there a distinct advantage to going no huddle when we move so slowly?

- The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him.

- The past few years, and this weekend in particular, really hammered a point home: WR has become a Top 3 important position in football. Look at the Dolphins on Sunday. Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers. We should not miss guys like Rambo (undrafted), Harley (undrafted) and Restrepo as much as we do. This is Miami. The whiffs in the Transfer Portal really showed up on Saturday.

- Upon rewatch, I’m not as down on TVD. He played bad, but his degree of difficulty was off the charts. I thought back to my first time watching him at Paradise Camp. I expected a big, mechanical QB who would drive the ball but struggle to create. Instead, I saw an instinctive athlete who changed speeds and arm angles and thrived with a fast tempo. It feels like we are trying to put him back in that box with the slow-developing plays.

TVD is tough and will hang in until the last second to make the throw, but he should have more quick-hitting options to get in rhythm. It reminds me of Kaaya under Richt. There was a regression (and four losses) followed by schematic adjustment to get the ball out of his hands quicker. Those changes were in response to poor OL play, which isn’t really our problem. But they got results. I hope we see similar adjustments before the losses pile up.

- Some of our recruiting victories over the SEC showed up on Saturday. Jalen Rivers was moving people and is a huge reason for our improved running game. Leonard Taylor brings special interior rush ability, which is the best way to disrupt a passing game. James Williams missed a key tackle on the Achane TD, but otherwise was everywhere as a versatile weapon. We need more like those guys.

- The running backs ran hard and finished above their weight class. I was disappointed we didn’t have anything special cooked up for Jaylan Knighton in the passing game. He is our most explosive player and we need everything we can get.

- Happy for DJ Ivey. His game elevates when he tackles with physicality. The more he plays with a confident edge, the more he will finish at the catch point with length and timing.

- In general, this game looked very much like what we saw on Greentree. Struggles with downfield passing game, improved OL, strong DL, elevated DB play. For all the talk about Greentree All-Americans, the players generally play like they practice.

- Jacolby George needs to lock in. He’s clearly the most talented pure WR, but when Joe Rose asked Mario about him this AM the first thing Mario talked about was off-field reliability. This is a huge opportunity for George and he needs to seize it.

- Kamren Kinchens is playing faster every game. His football IQ is as good as it gets, and he is really starting to trust his instincts and pull the trigger.

- I like the way the pass rush is trending. We are 5th in the nation in sack percentage and a lot of people are contributing. That rush will lead to wins in ACC play.

- The most encouraging long-term sign is the OL. We looked strong against an SEC team and Mario is recruiting behemoths. If Miami becomes an OL program, it will raise our floor.

Overall, the improvements in physicality were apparent but we gave away a winnable game. Muffed punts, drops, penalties, missed kicks. Before the season, I expected a year like Mario’s first at Oregon or Richt’s first at Miami. That’s still the projection. This offense and pace will lead to a lot of close games where anything can happen. Time for the coaches to earn their money and make the necessary adjustments.
George out so we have basically lost the most reliable (Restrepo) and smoothest (George) from an already talent slim group. Need to scheme around it.

Advertisement
Back