Tired of making the same post

View as article
Analytics said go for it, and it was pretty strong. Under no circumstances was it a coinflip decision. I've posted this in a few threads.

It was obvious and I’m not sure if those analytics even take into account how slowly and “methodically” our offense was moving the ball against A&M.

Advertisement
Yeah I heard that but he’s still the best! I watch every single game wym?!? I don’t miss nuthin when it comes to Canes football. We can agree to disagree doe. Have an awesome day buddy
DJ eats the space for the other dogs to eat. LT56 flashes then fades , that’s been his issue and why they try to motivate him with pt. I know you want to crown him now because you see two plays but the greats do that first quarter through the fourth. He’s going to be a really good one but he’s not there. He does need more snaps though .

Last edited:
Helped them Statistically. What did the result of that lead to though? Like I said it wasn't sunshine and rainbows with Lashlee. We literally could not run the ball at all. Making it easier on the WRs does nothing inside the redzone. And that was the key to this game. Seriously the Wrs could have played as **** as they did, and if we convert in the Redzone, we easily win this game. That's the situation.

I'm all for ****ting on Gattis's play calling in the Redzone. The problem wasn't the scheme though - it worked even with mostly poor execution. And thats the infuriating thing about this game - and Mario being a ***** and not going for it at the 4yrd line.

The RZ/non-RZ is cherry-picking. Our gameplan should have certain concepts we like against various looks in the "RZ" but that's just situational football.

Saying the scheme wasn't a problem because we moved the ball between the 20s doesn't make a lot of sense. We averaged 5.1 yards per play and 5.3 yards per pass attempt, that's absolutely putrid.

That tells you two very obvious things: 1) its easier to move the ball 5 yards when the defense has to defend more of the field, and 2)
aTm was playing a bend, don't break defense for most of the game and we played directly into that-- it's called "chip and kick" offense.

We did absolutely nothing schematically anywhere on the field to make them bend more than they were willing. If we had, we'd have average more YPP and YPA, and likely had a lot more success in the RZ because they would have to defend portions and paths to the end zone we were not threatening all game.

For any faults Lashlee had, he was very good about creating space anywhere on the field. I agree he was frustrating in the run game, but he would manufacture those yards by using bubbles and hitches against cushion, and taking the "free" yards. When we were in the red zone, guess what teams had to account for? That is schematic, and it was a failure on Saturday.

Advertisement
We scored 35 points a game with TVD from UVA on. But look at the defenses. They were all bad.
everyone here said ATMs D isnt special when app state beat them. was southern miss defense any good? they stifled our passing attack too. on top of that, ATM missed a ton of players esp key talent in the position where we could've taken advantage - secondary. we got two targeting calls that got us first downs and kept a drive going if not would have been 3 and outs or close to it and it also forced two players out in what was already missing guys back there.

you can say we played bad defenses, but were not lighting anyone up right now against the three teams we've played.

maybe eventually you'll figure out that the system isnt working for our Current roster makeup. this is enos again. his system didnt work w the Current roster but he had some excuses (OL sucked, QBs were all bad and immature, etc.).

well see what Marios response is at the end of the year if this continues

no one knows how the game will play out if Rique doesn't muff it but to ignore the fact it was a big turning point and game changer when we had tied it up, forced the punt and had an opportunity to take a lead is silly too

would have loved to watch Jimborb and Max Johnson forced to play catch up

hope Mario will learn what Manny saw first hand and not to trust this kicker, he ain't his brother so far, he misses too many in important spots and we'd be better off going for it on 4th down more often than not
Turning point ? In the first quarter ? Do you know the ebbs and flows of a college game? Momentum constantly changes by the minute. Yeah it was a big play but there’s another 90-100 plays wr could’ve made but didn’t. They didn’t beet themselves , that’s why they won. They made enough plays to win. We didn’t! No excuse changes the outcome or the 9 points. The rest of the Cfb world is saying “ how did Miami score 9 points when they were on their 5-6 cb’s”.

The RZ/non-RZ is cherry-picking. Our gameplan should have certain concepts we like against various looks in the "RZ" but that's just situational football.

Saying the scheme wasn't a problem because we moved the ball between the 20s doesn't make a lot of sense. We averaged 5.1 yards per play and 5.3 yards per pass attempt, that's absolutely putrid.

That tells you two very obvious things: 1) its easier to move the ball 5 yards when the defense has to defend more of the field, and 2)
aTm was playing a bend, don't break defense for most of the game and we played directly into that-- it's called "chip and kick" offense.

We did absolutely nothing schematically anywhere on the field to make them bend more than they were willing. If we had, we'd have average more YPP and YPA, and likely had a lot more success in the RZ because they would have to defend portions and paths to the end zone we were not threatening all game.

For any faults Lashlee had, he was very good about creating space anywhere on the field. I agree he was frustrating in the run game, but he would manufacture those yards by using bubbles and hitches against cushion, and taking the "free" yards. When we were in the red zone, guess what teams had to account for? That is schematic, and it was a failure on Saturday.
atm was completely happy letting us kick field goals. they got to the RZ twice and scored once and hit a field goal. they knew we weren't coming back from 17-3. when we got to the RZ, those 5 yards at a time on the ground didnt happen.

ok I dont know what im talking about. keep defending this **** *** system that everyone who watched practices all camp has said we will struggle but go on. wait till hes mutually parted ways after thanksgiving so you can come back and say sorry.

I told everyone this after So miss. I heard oh playbook is being held back or defense did this. nah man. its the system at this point and its beyond obvious. you guys waiting for some miracle aint getting it.
So when Gattis is here past Thanksgiving…then what?

Advertisement
Yeah and what does that have to do with delusional fans thinking they can decipher how a game plays out without a turnover in the first quarter? Is this butterfly effectinsight? Last time I checked the muff happened around the 30. We could’ve stopped them or held them to a Fg. Take away the muff and it’s still 10-9, I guess in yalls bizzaro land we drive 70 yards and make the fg to win? Carrying the K off the field like Rudy?

Ball recovered at the 25, right in front of where I was sitting. I will say, Tyrique had to be consoled by multiple people. Sometimes I've seen a mistake inspire a defense to play harder, but on that drive, it was obvious that everyone was deflated.

That's not excuses or anything, just what I saw.

Between that punt, and us not recovering when aTm fumbled on a punt, those were difference-makers. But you were right, we should have played better, in spite of Tyrique's mistake.

Turning point ? In the first quarter ? Do you know the ebbs and flows of a college game? Momentum constantly changes by the minute. Yeah it was a big play but there’s another 90-100 plays wr could’ve made but didn’t. They didn’t beet themselves , that’s why they won. They made enough plays to win. We didn’t! No excuse changes the outcome or the 9 points. The rest of the Cfb world is saying “ how did Miami score 9 points when they were on their 5-6 cb’s”.
id say we muffed the punt but atm lost two secondary guys in game and also allowed two 15 yard penalties on top of it. one of our first downs at the end was an incompletion that didnt get booth reviewed bc we rushed to the line. like you said, ebbs and flows. we have no excuses taking advantage of a weakened atm secondary. its on the WRs, QBs, and coaching staff.

Is it all gattis’ fault?
Is it all the receivers fault?
Is it all TVD’s fault?
Is it all Mario’s fault?

No to all. But everyone’s got a dog in this fight.

But I’ll say the guys who get to be exempt are the OL and the defense. That’s it. Everyone else take a lap

everyone here said ATMs D isnt special when app state beat them. was southern miss defense any good? they stifled our passing attack too. on top of that, ATM missed a ton of players esp key talent in the position where we could've taken advantage - secondary. we got two targeting calls that got us first downs and kept a drive going if not would have been 3 and outs or close to it and it also forced two players out in what was already missing guys back there.

you can say we played bad defenses, but were not lighting anyone up right now against the three teams we've played.

maybe eventually you'll figure out that the system isnt working for our Current roster makeup. this is enos again. his system didnt work w the Current roster but he had some excuses (OL sucked, QBs were all bad and immature, etc.).

Dude the mental *********ion I read here is something else. I’ve said enough in this thread, my blood pressure is up again like Saturday night lol. Might be time for another sabbatical 😂

Advertisement
So when Gattis is here past Thanksgiving…then what?
he wont be if this is the current offense w no tweaks. combine that w the one thing Mario cares the most about outside of playing field - recruiting. he isnt lighting it up either w our current display, hes got no shot w the elite WRs we need.

You get 5 FGs and even 3 TDs, and you're feeling good about yourself.

5FGs and 0 TDs is a sign of red zone ineptitude. Hate to say it, but the evidence is pretty clear. We've got to do better.

What's arguably more disturbing is Borregales. I wasn't expecting to be so concerned about our PK three games into the year, but here we are.
I’ll still give him a pass. He struck the ball a bit too high with his foot and it went sidewise on him on FG#2 and the block, that’s not on him, IMO.

Yeah and what does that have to do with delusional fans thinking they can decipher how a game plays out without a turnover in the first quarter? Is this butterfly effectinsight? Last time I checked the muff happened around the 30. We could’ve stopped them or held them to a Fg. Take away the muff and it’s still 10-9, I guess in yalls bizzaro land we drive 70 yards and make the fg to win? Carrying the K off the field like Rudy?

Ok if the muffed is not big deal, Binary choice.

Does that muffed punt help us win the game? Yes or no

Does muffed punt hurt our chances winning the game? Yes or no

At the time of the muffed, more likely than not, Miami offense would have driven down the field and score 3 to 7 points? Yes or no

If Miami goes up 6-0 or 10-0 does that change the dynamics how TAMU approaches the game? Yes or no

Does the muffed punt help TAMU? Yes or no

Does the muffed punt hurt TAMU? Yes or no

Advertisement

Lashlee’s offense would’ve done the same thing on Saturday. Every single time we went up against someone with as much, or more talent up front, he got shut down. Lashlee was also in his second year, not 3rd game.

***I agree Gattis needs to change***

Apparently everybody that responds to me is missing this part, bc I said the players didn’t do their part either.

ACC has looked bad but Clemson will make a QB change before our game in November. our offense can't functionally pass the ball against bad teams or good teams. unless we see some tweaks this week to reinstall some lashlee pass concepts to test out vs MTSU, I say were gonna lose 3 more times

Whatever. That's a wild-a$$ guess based on zero evidence. "Reinstall some Lashlee pass concepts". Yeah, right.

Being worse than Clemson and better than everyone else in the ACC is not "mid-tier ACC".

Advertisement
Back