Tired of making the same post

View as article
I still can’t believe this ****. It didn’t make sense in any way. I don’t know how Mario can justify this decision. Worst case scenario A&M had to start a drive at their own 3 with their garbage offense.

Analytics said go for it, and it was pretty strong. Under no circumstances was it a coinflip decision. I've posted this in a few threads.

Advertisement
Not really true.

He called runs on 56.3% of his first downs against App State, that number was 75% against us.

He threw 10.5% of his passes beyond 20 air yards against App State (still terrible), that number was ZERO against us.

He was definitely more conservative against us.

was he more conservative or was his QB under duress and scared to pull the trigger? the routes were there, Jimbo can't force a kid to pull the trigger

lol Jimborb corched the same way vs App St when he was behind all game long he didn't close up ****
Yeah and what does that have to do with delusional fans thinking they can decipher how a game plays out without a turnover in the first quarter? Is this butterfly effectinsight? Last time I checked the muff happened around the 30. We could’ve stopped them or held them to a Fg. Take away the muff and it’s still 10-9, I guess in yalls bizzaro land we drive 70 yards and make the fg to win? Carrying the K off the field like Rudy?

@Cribby it seems like CMC hit the portal hard this summer and he seems to like guys like Hines Ward who can block, catch, and run routes reliably.

Did we miss out on WR options that we targeted or did we misevaluate Frank?

I may also be off base about the kind of receivers he wants, but I'm kind of guessing based off his overall offensive identity

Thanks

I agree with a lot of what people are saying about scheme and tactics, play design, and play selection.

But, you all are gonna drive yourselves nuts.

This program is literally all based on recruiting now.
isnt that atm is right now and the best they've done was a 1 loss covid year? five years into jumbo and elite recruiting (we wont get to that ever) and they're still the same 4-5 loss team they've always been. they're not very good at all. recruiting takes you only so far. even UGA has a good OC on their staff even if they dont run their O like Bama does post Lane.

Advertisement
I don’t look at individual plays as the end all. There’s 100-140 plays in a college game. Coaches coach by the present situation , not what ifs. I don’t know what happens , what Jimbo or Mario does different. Maybe we get a first down after Parrish drop and the next play Tvd gets blasted fromthe blind side and fumbles. The Dc likely doesn’t call the same defense after a big chunk play. Who knows?

I don’t have the technology to answer that.
Based on the two previous games, Jimbo would have coached about the same, both leading and losing. I can’t say for sure the defense wouldn’t have changed.

I’m just confused how coaches or players get absolved of everything. Pretty clear to me it falls on everyone. We can argue scheme and play calling until the cows come home, and scheme definitely did make it harder on everybody. But when the ball hits your hands or your chest, or a guy is open and it’s thrown into the ground, not even Nick Saban can help you.

We didn’t win lol. So guess what ? IT WASNT ENOUGH!!! That’s why you don’t lean on 9 points as enough. There’s a 99 percent chance you lose in todays football.
We had the lowest top 25 offensive output at 9. Next lowest top 25 team score on Saturday was 27. Lots of un even matchups but you get the gist.

Thru 3 weeks only Oregon vs UGA is worse than our 9 points at 3.

Not really true.

He called runs on 56.3% of his first downs against App State, that number was 75% against us.

He threw 10.5% of his passes beyond 20 air yards against App State (still terrible), that number was ZERO against us.

He was definitely more conservative against us.
Yo where did you find these numbers? Thanks for sharing btw

I think both Gattis and TVD have zero confidence in the WR group. It was definitely evident in TVD taking check downs vs trusting his WRs to win battles with ball in the air.
Don’t disagree but what’s the alternative? Turn TVD into check down Charlie like Trent Edwards when he was with the Buffalo Bills or Tanehill with the Dolphins.

Gattis gets paid to figure it out.

Advertisement
I also said his offense wasn’t exactly helping the wr’s too. Guys had regressed. It wasn’t just they had struggled. I also said it didn’t fit Tvd In the receivers thread I started weeks ago I said this. That whole thread was defending them because of what I’d heard about the offense.
regression is the key. everyone (from the receivers to the QB) has regressed under this O staff. its 3 games and TVD went from one of the best QBs in the country who finished the year 3 straight 300 yard plus games and 3 TDs to no game over 300 and struggling against any pass defense. at some point, it isnt the other team or even your roster but your coaching. we have a roster of guys who can perform in a certain system .why are trying to make them fit in another system.

Advertisement
We will see...hard to say that when we haven't even started ACC play yet. We better wake tf up...especially Gattis. This BS from Mario about "I better see them catching 100 balls after practice" is just that...BS...He knows better than that. He was there from 98-2000 as a GA. He saw how Tana and Wayne would work at practice and after. We were spoiled rotten with Curtis Johnson as a WR Coach.

Fair point. I'm simply basing my comment on how bad the rest of the ACC has looked thus far.

I doubt you know what you’re talking about. Passes hit WRs, they couldn’t complete the catch. The OP says so. B. Smith, Parrish, Key. Smith, and Redding all dropped passes that if caught would have gone for 40 yards.
ok I dont know what im talking about. keep defending this **** *** system that everyone who watched practices all camp has said we will struggle but go on. wait till hes mutually parted ways after thanksgiving so you can come back and say sorry.

I told everyone this after So miss. I heard oh playbook is being held back or defense did this. nah man. its the system at this point and its beyond obvious. you guys waiting for some miracle aint getting it.

Fair point. I'm simply basing my comment on how bad the rest of the ACC has looked thus far.
ACC has looked bad but Clemson will make a QB change before our game in November. our offense can't functionally pass the ball against bad teams or good teams. unless we see some tweaks this week to reinstall some lashlee pass concepts to test out vs MTSU, I say were gonna lose 3 more times

Advertisement
Yes it's a serious question.

No offence, but how about **** you?

You're correct, I know nothing about how this particular coaching staff operates because I'm not a professional American Football College Coach.

How about you climb down from your high horse and **** off?

It’s not “this particular coaching staff.” This is standard practice for coaches in booths and anyone who has any clue of how an offense is run would know this.

I’m not riding on any high horse, but the same fans bleeding out of their ****** all over this board calling to fire a coach or saying he sucks after 1 P5 game are the same ones who have no clue about even the very basics of an offense. Pretty ironic.

I don’t need to **** off, but there’s plenty of idiots in this thread that need to.

Yeah and what does that have to do with delusional fans thinking they can decipher how a game plays out without a turnover in the first quarter? Is this butterfly effectinsight? Last time I checked the muff happened around the 30. We could’ve stopped them or held them to a Fg. Take away the muff and it’s still 10-9, I guess in yalls bizzaro land we drive 70 yards and make the fg to win?

no one knows how the game will play out if Rique doesn't muff it but to ignore the fact it was a big turning point and game changer when we had tied it up, forced the punt and had an opportunity to take a lead is silly too

would have loved to watch Jimborb and Max Johnson forced to play catch up

hope Mario will learn what Manny saw first hand and not to trust this kicker, he ain't his brother so far, he misses too many in important spots and we'd be better off going for it on 4th down more often than not

**** even something simple and quick builds some momentum and confidence for both position groups. we aren't helping a weak WR group out and we aren't helping the QB out. we can't be the program thats gonna be known for ruining what was a dude who put up burrow and Trevor like numbers in his first half season as a starter.
Agree. This has Enos written all over it with the long developing passing concepts with mediocre WR personnel at best.

Well, @DMoney, we're sick of reading them!

Yes, it's early, but from the perspective of the program, it's also late. It's not just that we keep losing, it's how we lose. This aTm team, while not an inferior opponent, was badly weakened, and they got weaker throughout the game.

If we lost, but did so being aggressive and opportunistic, I'd be fine with that. There exists a balance between being conservative and wreckless, but coaches too often insist on one or the other.

The point of frustration is that no matter how early it is, there is no excuse for an uninspired game plan and unprepared play, which is precisely what this was.
You do not get two or 3 years to get it together anymore, especially now that SFL recruiting is on the national stage.

We do need to infuse talent, but between now and then we need to the current players in the best position to succeed. If you can't do that, "the guys we need," ain't coming. We've seen this before.

You have a year of footage on what TVD does very well, and those concepts should be the foundation we're building upon, at least for now, even if they aren't exactly your long-term vision. Do what you have to and win the game. Instead, they will at best be something you fallback on in a pinch.

We had some success running the football, and as highly-recruited as some of their DBs were, they were inexperienced and largely unchallenged. Too often, we had multiple receivers either in, or threatening the same zone while a safety was flat-footed elsewhere, completely unchallenged.

If we went with more space and better pace, we'd have found our busted coverage on an RPO or a wheel route. I would have liked us to send Arroyo or Mallory right at these guys a ton more.

People can say all they want about Harley and Rambo not being here, but everything that is currently being said about our WRs was said about Harley until Lashlee showed up and matched the offense to what was on the roster a **** of a lot better.
on top of that, Rambo didnt take off until king went out and TVD got inserted. we were running an offense w king that didnt fit him. it fit the other QB and you saw the results.

Advertisement
Back