Tired of making the same post

View as article
The offensive coaching staff, including Mario.

1st and Goal at the 10, late 3rd quarter, down 17-3.

Run to Knighton (your weakest back between the tackles, in an area of the field that is condensed and you need power over speed)....2 yards.

Bleed the play clock down, designed QB sweep with TVD. Are you absolutely ******* kidding me with your SECOND designed QB run? Gain of 2.

Bleed the play clock down, another run to Knighton, gain of 2. See 1st down above.

4th and goal from the 4, with just under 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, when the analytics are a CLEAR "go"....kick a FG. 17-6, yay. And we burned 2 minutes off the clock just on the 3 downs from inside the 10.

Just a terrible sequence here. I'm fairly certain we had a 1st and Goal from the 10 yard line, we ran 3 plays, and not a single one of the 11 kids on our side of the ball even entered the endzone at any point. Not on a drive block, not on a pass route, nothing. We didn't even threaten. If you score, it's 17-10, with 19 minutes to play against a team who is severely challenged offensively. Puzzling play-calling, and a terrible in-game decision.
I'd like to think that that awful series would have been boo'd to Bolivia if the game were played at Rock Hard.

Advertisement
And again, Pittman ain't ballin' at His new stop. Name one kid that was a flunky under Mario at Oregon that's ballin' now, I'll wait!!!

Well Mario managed to hold a generational QB talent like Herbert under 250 yards a game vs D1 opponents. Something even NFL defenses struggle to do.

Nobody cares about us ” giving them seven points”. That was in the first quarter dude. You know how much stuff happened after that? AM went super conservative after 17-3. If it’s 10-3 or 10-6 I doubt that happens. Nobody knows how that plays out , so you can’t use that as an excuse for scoring 9 points. No muff and Td changes how AM plays things. Jimbo closed up shop when they got up and wasn’t going to force jack. He knew we wasn’t scoring and wasn’t threatened by two scores. One of our drives will eat half the quarter lol.
And you don’t believe if the muffed punt doesn’t happen, or is Parrish catches that ball and scores, etc. things don’t turn positive in our favor? It can be said both ways.

It’s time for everyone on that side of the ball to take a look in the mirror and figure it out.

You must've seen a different game than me if James was a strength that game. He missed ALOT more than 1 tackle on archane and he was out of position most of the night just like tyrique & couch... James did have a nice play or two underneath. But to me he shows more and more why we keep cheating him up in the box. I even overheard a&m fans near our box over and over asking why isn't he front 7. But that's for another thread.
I saw James miss three tackles when I rewatched the defensive plays. He needs to do a better job breaking down it happens too frequently with him. With that said, he has big play game-changing ability.

I think people go easier on guys like James Williams and Leonard Taylor when they are out of position and mess up because they're 5 star guys, but LT at least has been feasting and making a ton of game changing plays even if he's still out of position occasionally

I feel bad including LT in the conversation because he makes way more big plays the JW, but what is stopping LT from getting to the next level of star defender is being able to excel in his role and freelance less. He's going to make a LOT of money on Sunday's if he learns to do that

Last edited:
Advertisement
If these kids catch the fvckin' ball when it's thrown to them...
Don't commit costly holding penalties in the redzone...
And our QB hits a few more of his throws...
We aren't even talkin' about Gattis.

We out-gained them 392 to 264.
We basically ran the ball at will. When's the last time we ran the ball that effectively versus a good opponent?
We only punted 3 times the entire game.
I can't count at least 3 huge/costly drops off the top of my head that could've changed the whole outcome of the game.

You guys want tempo FOR WHAT?
Just for the sake of going fast?
I would rather go a little slower and get the right "check with me" call then to go fast and be wrong. (thus putting the defense right back on the field)

Not every call by Gattis is gonna work. Football doesn't even work that way. And the redzone calls were a little head-scratching. But there were PLENTY of good calls by Gattis where the kids simply didn't execute. There were tons of passing plays that were schemed open. On the long Arroyo catch we had TWO guys open. (Parrish was wide open)
Parrish was also schemed open on the big 3rd down play that hit him right in his grill.
The long Mallory catch was schemed open.
The long crossing route that Keyshawn dropped (it was a little off) was also schemed open.
The 4th down drop by Brashard was a perfect **** call. "Y Stick" to a slot WR that had leverage. Catch the **** ball and we're still marching down field.

Have yall forgotten how bad Lashlee's offense looked at times?
Inside zone.
Inside zone.
Vertical route.
Punt.

We show way more versatility on offense right now than we have in years past, especially in the running game.
I don't think yall realize how handcuffed we are at times with our lack of talent at WR.

I'm not ready to write-off Gattis yet.
There were plenty of opportunities to make plays and the kids didn't execute.

Truth.

I will say one thing, I would like to see tempo for variety. Keep the defense uncomfortable.

Otherwise, I agree with your post.

And you don’t believe if the muffed punt doesn’t happen, or is Parrish catches that ball and scores, etc. things don’t turn positive in our favor? It can be said both ways.

It’s time for everyone on that side of the ball to take a look in the mirror and figure it out.
We had those things that were huge go against us, but we also got bailed out on two targeting penalties that extended drives that otherwise we would've had to punt on.

Our offense was not as successful as the yards show I don't think. And it is troubling we couldn't punch any scores in. We also had more really bad drops than I think we'll see in the future.

Overall our offense still has a lot to work on with the exception of running which we did very well.

A dropped pass is a dropped pass.
A muffed punt is a muffed punt.

It doesn't absolve coaches from their shortcomings in any given scenario, but players are not simply the byproduct of coaching, they are responsible for their own performance on the field, too.

Absolving the players from their role in the outcome is something this community has done for seemingly 20 years. Its always the coaches and never the players and thats just nonsense. Its both and its ok to separate the two and have two separate discissions.

Gattis called a poor game, but it was sadly good enough to win, but lack of execution compounded any issues that Gattis presented. In your previous post, I know you're NOT saying Gattis should run Lashlee's offense, but that is the way your post came off...but lets be mindful that our group of WRs were not good in Lashlee's offense either. The WRs might just stink stink and its ok to point that out.
Saying it was enough to win makes no sense to me. The muff happens in the first 5 minutes , saying that was enough to win if that doesn’t happen is saying the game plays out the exact same. That’s not how football or any other sport works. Coaches coach by trends , score , down and how late the game is. Jimbo doesn’t coach the same if it’s 10-3 or 10-6. He closed up camp offensively when it was 17-3. He knew we were cooked. So did we.

9 points is never enough to win a game and nobody believes that. Pre game or post. It’s delusional fans trying to find a positive. They were playing with their fifth and sixth string cb’s and we’re taking about a muffed punt lol.

Last edited:

I don’t look at individual plays as the end all. There’s 100-140 plays in a college game. Coaches coach by the present situation , not what ifs. I don’t know what happens , what Jimbo or Mario does different. Maybe we get a first down after Parrish drop and the next play Tvd gets blasted fromthe blind side and fumbles. The Dc likely doesn’t call the same defense after a big chunk play. Who knows?

I don’t have the technology to answer that.

Advertisement
We had those things that were huge go against us, but we also got bailed out on two targeting penalties that extended drives that otherwise we would've had to punt on.

Our offense was not as successful as the yards show I don't think. And it is troubling we couldn't punch any scores in. We also had more really bad drops than I think we'll see in the future.

Overall our offense still has a lot to work on with the exception of running which we did very well.
This is correct and nobody is arguing this. The only thing people are arguing about, is the plays that were left out there, by players and coaches.

Saying it was enough to win makes no sense to me.
Right. I keep seeing that statement pop up in here: “Gattis did enough to win.”

He got his guys in position to kick some field goals. Turns out it actually wasn’t enough to win.

Right. I keep seeing that statement pop up in here: “Gattis did enough to win.”

He got his guys in position to kick some field goals. Turns out it actually wasn’t enough to win.
We didn’t win lol. So guess what ? IT WASNT ENOUGH!!! That’s why you don’t lean on 9 points as enough. There’s a 99 percent chance you lose in todays football.

Advertisement
The way people here differentiate between talent I find interesting. We got multiple DL guys in the portal who were all-conference at their positions in their previous P5 conferences but people act like it is nothing because they weren't 5 stars or because they don't make super flashy plays. Those guys do their jobs and they do their jobs well. If our WRs did their jobs (run routes correctly, catch the ball when it hits their hands, and block when they're supposed to) even if they aren't freak athlete 5 star 6'5 guys, we fcking win the game last night.

Doing your job is important in football and its how you get guys who have less talent to beat guys with more talent.

I see people constantly knocking the fact that none of the DL guys we got is an Aaron Donald Von Miller type, but the guys we got make winning football plays. Time to give them some respect.

Yes. That’s what coaches get paid to do….make sure guys do their jobs. Personally, I didn’t mention the DL. I believe I praised the D side of the ball.

The one thing that dooms coaches is a lack or flexibility. All the great ones pivot like a startup. All the bad ones are resistant to change even if it is clear as day to everyone around them. Hopefully Mario has trusted advisors outside the echo chamber. Guys like Coach O.

Saying it was enough to win makes no sense to me. The muff happens in the first half, saying that was enough to win if that doesn’t happen is saying the game plays out the exact same. That’s not how football or any other sport works. Coaches coach by trends , score , down and how late the game is. Jimbo doesn’t coach the same if it’s 10-3 or 10-6. He closed up camp offensively when it was 17-3. He knew we were cooked. So did we.

9 points is never enough to win a game and nobody believes that. Pre game or post. It’s delusional fans trying to find a positive. They were playing with their fifth and sixth string cb’s and we’re taking about a muffed punt lol.

lol Jimborb corched the same way vs App St when he was behind all game long he didn't close up ****

Advertisement
Is this a serious question? Gattis relays to assistants and/or bench players on the sidelines who signal the call.

No offense but half this fan base knows nothing about offense. Yes gattis has a lot to prove and fix if he wants to stay here but there were a lot of positives..yet all our fan base considers in an offense is how many times we no huddle and throw it deep. There’s also some serious revisionist history with Lashlee considering how terribly bad he was at times.

This fan base is seriously stupid as **** sometimes. Half of you don’t even know the basics of offense and want to breakdown our scheme and game plan and then call for Gattis head in game 1 against a P5 opponent.
Yes it's a serious question.

No offence, but how about **** you?
Is this a serious question? Gattis relays to assistants and/or bench players on the sidelines who signal the call.

No offense but half this fan base knows nothing about offense. Yes gattis has a lot to prove and fix if he wants to stay here but there were a lot of positives..yet all our fan base considers in an offense is how many times we no huddle and throw it deep. There’s also some serious revisionist history with Lashlee considering how terribly bad he was at times.

This fan base is seriously stupid as **** sometimes. Half of you don’t even know the basics of offense and want to breakdown our scheme and game plan and then call for Gattis head in game 1 against a P5 opponent.
You're correct, I know nothing about how this particular coaching staff operates because I'm not a professional American Football College Coach.

How about you climb down from your high horse and **** off?

Perhaps someone can explain this to me. In the 4th quarter when we had 4th down at the 3 yard line, the HC decided to kick a field goal rather than use that one play to try to score a TD. Apparently, he reasoned that we had a better chance of making that kick and then later scoring a TD AND thereafter making a 2 point conversion from the 2 yard line to tie the game. If you do not trust the team to score in one play from the 3 [earning at least 6 points so that another TD wins the game] how do you play for a tie game by stopping TAM and then scoring on our next possession AND then scoring 2 on one play from the 2? This felt very corch-like to me.

I still can’t believe this ****. It didn’t make sense in any way. I don’t know how Mario can justify this decision. Worst case scenario A&M had to start a drive at their own 3 with their garbage offense.

lol Jimborb corched the same way vs App St when he was behind all game long he didn't close up ****

Not really true.

He called runs on 56.3% of his first downs against App State, that number was 75% against us.

He threw 10.5% of his passes beyond 20 air yards against App State (still terrible), that number was ZERO against us.

He was definitely more conservative against us.

LOL what game are you watching? They are all playing well. LT should get more reps but Steele just said it in his presser. He's progressing and still freelancing a bit.
Yeah I heard that but he’s still the best! I watch every single game wym?!? I don’t miss nuthin when it comes to Canes football. We can agree to disagree doe. Have an awesome day buddy

Advertisement
Back