Tired of making the same post

View as article
Ridiculous and ignorant comment.

Upper middle-tier SEC, maybe. Definitely not middle-tier ACC.
We will see...hard to say that when we haven't even started ACC play yet. We better wake tf up...especially Gattis. This BS from Mario about "I better see them catching 100 balls after practice" is just that...BS...He knows better than that. He was there from 98-2000 as a GA. He saw how Tana and Wayne would work at practice and after. We were spoiled rotten with Curtis Johnson as a WR Coach.

Advertisement
"The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him".

"Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers".

You can't be shocked when Gattis runs the ball inside the red zone and at the same time be highly critical of our WRs. So, you wanted Gattis to pass in the red zone. To who? Who was catching the ball? According to you, no one was going to catch the ball because the entire game, no one could make a contested catch.

The complaint against Gattis is that he ran TWO QB draws while in the red zone. That's the complaint.
No!!! His redzone play calling was awful!!! He had a good mix to get there and then had flashbacks of Michigan trying to run the ball in when AtM was stacking the box at the goaline.

It made no sense to run the ball 3 times and then kick a field goal. If you run on 3rd down from 5 yards out, you better be planning to go for it on 4th down.

I just can't understand the complete lack of creativity in the redzone. We have 3 really good pass catching TEs and a really good H-back. Use them!!!!

I feel like we're back in the Richt era where you need elite athletes at WR just to complete a pass. I'm sure other teams wouldn't mind having our WRs. It's up to the coaches to figure out how to get the most out of them and then scheme them open.

You think UNC has better WRs than us?

I feel like the offense is being handicapped while. Hanging to more of a ground and pound offense.

Also, I watched a YouTube post game discussion where someone brought up a valid observation. You can't hide your passing game the first 2 games and then expect it to execute flawlessly against a quality defense. You have to build confidence in games and our coaches didn't do that.

On the positive, I like the trench play on both sides of the ball and the defense could be elite.

I feel extremely confident playing at Clemson. AtM was the biggest road crowd we'll face and the team didn't flinch.

Onother great point that a YouTuber made is that heading into the AtM game we didn't know what we really had. We didn't know what are strengths and weaknesses are. We do now and there are many more strengths than weaknesses.

Every one of our goals is still obtainable. Gattis has to figure out the passing game and get TVD going.

No Red zone is situational. The game plan was run the ball control the clock and try to play action occasionally to keep the defense honest. Unfortunately play action is not a strength for TVD. If they went into the game planning to kick field goals that would be on Mario as the head coach.
No...Red Zone most certainly is part of an Offensive game plan....

Playing to the scheme? Go reread your first sentence friend. You made my point and wasn’t even trying to. The scheme helped them.
Helped them Statistically. What did the result of that lead to though? Like I said it wasn't sunshine and rainbows with Lashlee. We literally could not run the ball at all. Making it easier on the WRs does nothing inside the redzone. And that was the key to this game. Seriously the Wrs could have played as **** as they did, and if we convert in the Redzone, we easily win this game. That's the situation.

I'm all for ****ting on Gattis's play calling in the Redzone. The problem wasn't the scheme though - it worked even with mostly poor execution. And thats the infuriating thing about this game - and Mario being a ***** and not going for it at the 4yrd line.

Perhaps someone can explain this to me. In the 4th quarter when we had 4th down at the 3 yard line, the HC decided to kick a field goal rather than use that one play to try to score a TD. Apparently, he reasoned that we had a better chance of making that kick and then later scoring a TD AND thereafter making a 2 point conversion from the 2 yard line to tie the game. If you do not trust the team to score in one play from the 3 [earning at least 6 points so that another TD wins the game] how do you play for a tie game by stopping TAM and then scoring on our next possession AND then scoring 2 on one play from the 2? This felt very corch-like to me.
There is no explanation, it was simply one of the most ***** decisions Cristobal could have made.

Advertisement
Playing to the scheme? Go reread your first sentence friend. You made my point and wasn’t even trying to. The scheme helped them.
Did you miss how ineffective the scheme was with WRs that couldn't catch?

Red Zone offense is always part of a game plan....you can't say "I didn't hate the offensive game plan"...then say, but I hated the Red Zone offense.
Ridiculous idea. You can be as specific as you want to be. I can tell you I hated our called runs to the boundary vs the field, etc.

Lol.

No, fans are acting like he isn’t putting his players in a position to be successful when it matters.

Yea, What was I thinking! Not one time doing the game did Gattis put the player in a position to succeed. Gattis has got to go! He scheme causes player drop balls. Man if Rhett lashlee would have stayed we wouldn't have these drop. My bad broham. Don't know what I was thinking.

Agree that he did enough to win this game. Our guys just didn't execute. It's also not like they were only once or twice. There were multiple opportunities in every quarter to create a game-changing play. This time around, our guys couldn't execute. Doesn't detract from the fact that he needs to be way better playcalling in the RZ, and Mario has to trust his team to go for it inside the 10.
This isn’t as black and white as people are making it. Gattis 100% did enough to win this game, the players didn’t. Does that mean he’s off the hook and a great OC? No. He needs to make a ton of changes to get this team to where they need to be.

Both can be true.

Advertisement
How many rb draws did we see? Screens ? Bubbles ? They were giving decent cushions during the game. Lashlee stole yards with the throws or bubbles when there was cushion. Saturday had the creativity of a wet fart.

I thought it was a good adjustment....

This isn’t as black and white as people are making it. Gattis 100% did enough to win this game, the players didn’t. Does that mean he’s off the hook and a great OC? No. He needs to make a ton of changes to get this team to where they need to be.

Both can be true.
Completely agree. Absolutely spot on statement right there.

The game plan lead to 9 points. It’s a huge failure. If you want to go rub one out to yards and no three and outs feel free.
I hope you are smart enough to differentiate between plan and execution. 🤣

Both can be true.
9 points in 4-5 redzone attempts is “ enough to win” Lmao. Did I get in a time machine and go back to the 50’s? I’m glad we’re paying this big money to a OC that ran up the scoreboard to 9 points. “ The defense let us down guys , if they’d held them to 8 points we would’ve won”.

Advertisement
We can talk about scheme and what not, but I’ve never seen TVD torch a legit defense. In fact, he struggles against above average competition. FSU last year was a prime example. I am not sold on that kid, despite the hype. Overthrows deep balls, underthrows short passes. Stares down receivers, panics and rolls out instead of stepping up in the pocket. His best play last year was throwing up prayers for Rambo to make miracle catches. He may be the best we got, but we need to run the ball and hope he can learn accuracy and ball placement this year.

The other….positive side of this coin and perhaps might put things into perspective for those that think fans are “Hating Gatti”…….Look at the defense. This Miami defense does NOT have top end talent. The LB’s and DB’s are mostly jags….but look at how the D coaches have them prepared and playing. Is it national elite? No, but imo it’s overachieving given the raw talent limitations. This D needs a massive Portal fix….but they are doing a solid job so far and kept Miami in the game vs A&M. The O has more talent than the D has….but less results

Advertisement
The other….positive side of this coin and perhaps might put things into perspective for those that think fans are “Hating Gatti”…….Look at the defense. This Miami defense does NOT have top end talent. The LB’s and DB’s are mostly jags….but look at how the D coaches have them prepared and playing. Is it national elite? No, but imo it’s overachieving given the raw talent limitations. This D needs a massive Portal fix….but they are doing a solid job so far and kept Miami in the game vs A&M. The O has more talent than the D has….but less results
No one looks at our db group and say jags, it has plenty of talent

Advertisement
Back