Tired of making the same post

View as article
Advertisement
I had to a little bit of a deep dive into him. he was basically demoted to an extent his final year at Michigan after two poor seasons as OC. I know Michigan fans weren't hurt that he left and some even said, meh you'll see. he had the same quotes he gave us when he was first hired at Umich but none of it was seen. Harbaugh hired a CO-OC last year and harbuagh got more involved in the offense. it resulted in their first top 30 offense under gattis as OC. I bet we see a mutual parting of ways same as we saw w enos
You’ve already reached this conclusion after 3 games? Seems premature. Time will tell.

Advertisement
Michigan scored 35.8 pts per game last year.

We scored 30.9.
Also what was lashlees scoring per game after king got hurt. You can throw out the game against conn state. I bet it’s over 30 bc that’s when he got the qb he needed to run rpo

I don’t need pace , **** id rather go to the huddle rather than going no huddle and standing with our fingers up our butts for 35 seconds. I know why “ some people” will defend this but the spacing is atrocious and it doesn’t help with wr’s at all. AM was sitting on mostly everything after the half. Because it’s predictable as ****.

I haven’t spoken much on Gattis but I know all about him and his offense. I was warned about everything we’re seeing by somebody who’d know. Right down to the qb would regress. I just hope he adjusts to fit the scheme to the players. That’s all I’ll say on that.
You think Mario will pull the plug if needed after one year?

Advertisement
💯 on this. Also, Michigan had the #16 offense in the country last year. We ended up at #23.
Few notes- what’s the average w Tvd as a a starter. It changed once king got hurt. Harris didn’t run their offense last year. He had a co oc and an hc who schemed the offense bc he was horrible their first two years w him as sole oc

You’ve already reached this conclusion after 3 games? Seems premature. Time will tell.
Unless we score 45 points a game, despite not having our players execute and blow opportunities, some people will want Gattis gone. Also, don't really care about what another school says about an assistant that left (unless they got fired). 90% of the time, the fan base will say it's not a big deal or that some other assistant is actually the reason why the one that left succeeded. Harbaugh's been there forever, and after finally getting involved with the O in year 8, they finally figure it out? Not likely.

I had to a little bit of a deep dive into him. he was basically demoted to an extent his final year at Michigan after two poor seasons as OC. I know Michigan fans weren't hurt that he left and some even said, meh you'll see. he had the same quotes he gave us when he was first hired at Umich but none of it was seen. Harbaugh hired a CO-OC last year and harbuagh got more involved in the offense. it resulted in their first top 30 offense under gattis as OC. I bet we see a mutual parting of ways same as we saw w enos
Yep, i read all that when he got hired and just hoped for the best.

Advertisement
Week 3 and D$ pouring out the Kool aid ruh roh. I wonder who else on CIS said WR was a top 3 position. Snapping the ball with 2 secs on play clock every play is exhausting. We don't face another great defense for a while need to implement some pace.
In today’s modern football, you can’t dominate a game like that and not score touchdowns. The WR room is what it is but Gotta finish the recruiting class strong by having something to sell them as well as any transfer prospects.

Next big test is UNC. No one can save Gattis if the offense looks the same and we lose.

Basic gist of the OP is that the offensive coaching and use of talent schematically is an abomination on full display in all areas and the end results supported the lack of coaching ability on that side.

Like I said before, Gattis will end up fired in 1-2 year and Mario will need to have a come to Saban moment and realize that in 2022 you cannot even think of running an offense like this. It’s neither physical, not pointed in any particular direction, and makes almost all of the players look poor.

Again, ask yourself, if you are a recruit TODAY! Or a Transfer Portal player TODAY!…..do you want to jump into an offense run by Sark (Tx), Riley(USC), Lebby (OU), Huepel (TN), Bama?, Kiffin? Etc…..Or Gattis/Mario with this style? The answer is obvious and that is Miami’s competition for elite offensive talent

Mario’s window for selling recruited on offense is about 1 year. The negative recruitment has already started I’m sure

Another thing to add, we were milking the clock and the offense on the other side couldn’t do anything lol TAMU was more inept than we were. What was the point of playing ball control? We weren’t keeping josh allen and steffon Diggs on the sideline lol our D didn’t need a breather. It was counterproductive. And we let 40 seconds run off before we punted the ball late in the game. That was corching 101 on Saturday

Advertisement
If these kids catch the fvckin' ball when it's thrown to them...
Don't commit costly holding penalties in the redzone...
And our QB hits a few more of his throws...
We aren't even talkin' about Gattis.

We out-gained them 392 to 264.
We basically ran the ball at will. When's the last time we ran the ball that effectively versus a good opponent?
We only punted 3 times the entire game.
I can't count at least 3 huge/costly drops off the top of my head that could've changed the whole outcome of the game.

You guys want tempo FOR WHAT?
Just for the sake of going fast?
I would rather go a little slower and get the right "check with me" call then to go fast and be wrong. (thus putting the defense right back on the field)

Not every call by Gattis is gonna work. Football doesn't even work that way. And the redzone calls were a little head-scratching. But there were PLENTY of good calls by Gattis where the kids simply didn't execute. There were tons of passing plays that were schemed open. On the long Arroyo catch we had TWO guys open. (Parrish was wide open)
Parrish was also schemed open on the big 3rd down play that hit him right in his grill.
The long Mallory catch was schemed open.
The long crossing route that Keyshawn dropped (it was a little off) was also schemed open.
The 4th down drop by Brashard was a perfect **** call. "Y Stick" to a slot WR that had leverage. Catch the **** ball and we're still marching down field.

Have yall forgotten how bad Lashlee's offense looked at times?
Inside zone.
Inside zone.
Vertical route.
Punt.

We show way more versatility on offense right now than we have in years past, especially in the running game.
I don't think yall realize how handcuffed we are at times with our lack of talent at WR.

I'm not ready to write-off Gattis yet.
There were plenty of opportunities to make plays and the kids didn't execute.
💯

Pin this post. Cribby killing it in this thread and calling it how it is.

I've been saying this too. Spacing infinitely helps with separation issues. I'm not panicking here and calling for heads, but Gattis better make some changes.

That was a winnable game that our offensive scheme gifted away.
If you have a suspect OL or Wt’s guess what helps dramatically ? SPACE!!! It’s common sense. Bigger splits for the OL or playing to the hashes or outside. They knew the wr core was not up to standard in the spring!!!! Yet we wasn’t able to add wrinkles to the playbook to help them and Tvd? Or they just didn’t want to?You can watch games all day Saturday and Sunday where OC’s using space or motions. Motion your flanker down the line and snap the ball and hit a slant. It’s an easy man beater because the cb can’t bump or feel the wr. Southern Miss used this and stacking guys in formations. That’s how Ivey got beat on the slant early in the game , the outside wr was off the line came behind the other wr’s and got outside leverage. Just that split second made a difference.

Advertisement
Back