Tired of making the same post

View as article
OCs job to put them in position to do that.

As Swagger says, there are plenty of less talented WRs groups around the nation doing more.
These people don’t watch football other than Miami games. It’s so evident.

If they did, they’d know that you do not need 5 star talent to score a single TD in a game. But alas.

Advertisement
broke, you were one of the biggest Golden slurpers until the end. Don’t think that because I stopped posting for a while that I forgot who you are.

No offense but nothing you said has any credibility.

“Gattis didn’t call a bad game until he got to the field where it actually matters and where you actually score points.”

Enough said.
“Broke” in 2022, really? Get off your knees literally. Time to grow up and act your age my guy

Funny. They had promise under lashlee and were looked at as future building blocks. The 3 amigos plus x. Now under gattis they’re bad. Color me suspicious
this. people now saying they have no talent. lmao they were all SEC recruited. we took Melo from AU. we all lauded them then. we begged for them to play more under Manny. now they all suck. like zero ability to improve? maybe help them out a bit more. they're not 2 star kids. they're highly rated four star kids. worst part is that two of them are local kids. you dont think the local area kids are noticing what we turned them into? good luck landing any of the skill talent here w this ****. we already three of the elite to very good WRs tell us to go **** ourselves.

I was very impressed with Steele and the defense but I think it will be telling how far the D has come when they play UNC. It’s probably a good thing they get a bye week prior to that game so they can really dial in on that offense. My biggest pet peeve in football is when an offense has no urgency. 10 minutes left down on the road and you are taking your time, that’s coaching.

“Broke” in 2022, really? Get off your knees literally. Time to grow up and act your age my guy
Buddy you make asinine statements like “Gee Gattis was good until he got to the redzone” with a straight face. You earned it and the year we are in is irrelevant.

Advertisement
this. people now saying they have no talent. lmao they were all SEC recruited. we took Melo from AU. we all lauded them then. we begged for them to play more under Manny. now they all suck. like zero ability to improve? maybe help them out a bit more. they're not 2 star kids. they're highly rated four star kids. worst part is that two of them are local kids. you dont think the local area kids are noticing what we turned them into? good luck landing any of the skill talent here w this ****. we already three of the elite to very good WRs tell us to go **** ourselves.
If I did a podcast (no @LeedsCane im not doing it) I would have a mouthful to say

These people don’t watch football other than Miami games. It’s so evident.

If they did, they’d know that you do not need 5 star talent to score a single TD in a game. But alas.
I watched slow a** Purdue wideouts and TE run free all day Saturday in their last second loss to Cuse. Their QB was something like 39 for 55 with 3 TD. Scheme.

The doctor didn’t do anything bad at first. Initial incision was good, opened him up properly, cut through the muscle tissue and breastbone just fine. But when he got to the heart…
Player execution was poor down there too not just the play calling. And it’s the truth, the play calling was worse near the end zone than it was on most of the other parts of the field. Settling for 5 field goals is crazy

Funny. They had promise under lashlee and were looked at as future building blocks. The 3 amigos plus x. Now under gattis they’re bad. Color me suspicious

A&M's B teamers! Southern Miss!

If you think you need Duper and Clayton to have a competent passing game against these juggernauts, you don't watch enough football in 2022. I'm not asking for 400 yards a game, just a junior high level competence.

Go watch football around the nation. The passing game does not look this difficult almost anywhere else. Tons of low caliber teams with no one having 1/10th of the ability of Arroyo or Smith or TVD at QB are throwing the ball all over the field.

Gattis is a BIG problem.

Advertisement
Uninspired. That’s the feeling I had leaving Kyle Field. It’s not the right thing to say as the owner of a fan website, but it’s the truth. It was a boring game with a familiar result. Let’s get the obvious out of the way: it's early, this is a building process, and it's way too early to make any sweeping observation about the Cristobal Era. But this was a major missed opportunity to build momentum in recruiting and within the fanbase. Some specific thoughts:

- We paid too much money for nine points. Gattis is accountable for the end result, no matter how fluky (first team since at least 2000 to have 27 first downs and zero touchdowns). Our pace was puzzling to me. Is there a distinct advantage to going no huddle when we move so slowly?

- The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him.

- The past few years, and this weekend in particular, really hammered a point home: WR has become a Top 3 important position in football. Look at the Dolphins on Sunday. Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers. We should not miss guys like Rambo (undrafted), Harley (undrafted) and Restrepo as much as we do. This is Miami. The whiffs in the Transfer Portal really showed up on Saturday.

- Upon rewatch, I’m not as down on TVD. He played bad, but his degree of difficulty was off the charts. I thought back to my first time watching him at Paradise Camp. I expected a big, mechanical QB who would drive the ball but struggle to create. Instead, I saw an instinctive athlete who changed speeds and arm angles and thrived with a fast tempo. It feels like we are trying to put him back in that box with the slow-developing plays.

TVD is tough and will hang in until the last second to make the throw, but he should have more quick-hitting options to get in rhythm. It reminds me of Kaaya under Richt. There was a regression (and four losses) followed by schematic adjustment to get the ball out of his hands quicker. Those changes were in response to poor OL play, which isn’t really our problem. But they got results. I hope we see similar adjustments before the losses pile up.

- Some of our recruiting victories over the SEC showed up on Saturday. Jalen Rivers was moving people and is a huge reason for our improved running game. Leonard Taylor brings special interior rush ability, which is the best way to disrupt a passing game. James Williams missed a key tackle on the Achane TD, but otherwise was everywhere as a versatile weapon. We need more like those guys.

- The running backs ran hard and finished above their weight class. I was disappointed we didn’t have anything special cooked up for Jaylan Knighton in the passing game. He is our most explosive player and we need everything we can get.

- Happy for DJ Ivey. His game elevates when he tackles with physicality. The more he plays with a confident edge, the more he will finish at the catch point with length and timing.

- In general, this game looked very much like what we saw on Greentree. Struggles with downfield passing game, improved OL, strong DL, elevated DB play. For all the talk about Greentree All-Americans, the players generally play like they practice.

- Jacolby George needs to lock in. He’s clearly the most talented pure WR, but when Joe Rose asked Mario about him this AM the first thing Mario talked about was off-field reliability. This is a huge opportunity for George and he needs to seize it.

- Kamren Kinchens is playing faster every game. His football IQ is as good as it gets, and he is really starting to trust his instincts and pull the trigger.

- I like the way the pass rush is trending. We are 5th in the nation in sack percentage and a lot of people are contributing. That rush will lead to wins in ACC play.

- The most encouraging long-term sign is the OL. We looked strong against an SEC team and Mario is recruiting behemoths. If Miami becomes an OL program, it will raise our floor.

Overall, the improvements in physicality were apparent but we gave away a winnable game. Muffed punts, drops, penalties, missed kicks. Before the season, I expected a year like Mario’s first at Oregon or Richt’s first at Miami. That’s still the projection. This offense and pace will lead to a lot of close games where anything can happen. Time for the coaches to earn their money and make the necessary adjustments.
Why don't we have any freshmen in the 2 deep?

That wasn't my point.

Swagger is claiming the sky is falling because the offense is boring and recruits won't want to play in a boring offense. That is an overreaction after game 3. And even if it is true, that UGA offense has been run heavy and conservative for a long time and it doesn't affect their ability to attract the top WRs. We threw the ball 41 **** times. Give the offense and the season some time before we start claiming "recroots d0n't want to c0me here!"
recruiting wise esp at WR -- take a look at what's going on. Jean isnt coming here. Hykeem isnt coming here. Innis is going to OSU.

again, it isnt about the number of passes. you could throw 20 times. its about the concepts we run in the pass game. nothing we do is easy for anyone esp w this Current roster. you can't convince elite guys to come here if you dont show results on the field that your offense works.

on top of that, it had nothing to do with the defenses were seeing. WE COULDNT PASS AGAINST SOUTHERN MISS. everyone gave an excuse. oh different defenses, well be better. what more you want to see before you pull the plug on that. we did have drops. TVD wasn't great, but nothing we do is helping him out. hes forced to hold the ball for an long time for our guys to finish up their routes. there is no rhythm in the offense. we aren't even trying to capitalize by going up tempo to force ATM either without a sub or into a hurry up to an extent which would help out the **** WR group that can't separate. we go no huddle nd then chill for 30 seconds.
Bold is disturbing. And until we see otherwise, we can't pass.

A&M's B teamers! Southern Miss!

If you think you need Duper and Clayton to have a competent passing game against these juggernauts, you don't watch enough football in 2022. I'm not asking for 400 yards a game, just a junior high level competence.

Go watch football around the nation. The passing game does not look this difficult almost anywhere else. Tons of low caliber teams with no one having 1/10th of the ability of Arroyo or Smith or TVD at QB are throwing the ball all over the field.

Gattis is a BIG problem.
we saw teams w new coaches and new QBs step right in and excel. OU hired a defensive minded coach but took a modern OC. they're humming right along. USC obviously took Riley and there is zero growing pains offensively but Riley is another level of offensive mind that gattis will never be. ****, even when day took over for urban, there was zero growing pains on offense.

Advertisement
I watched slow a** Purdue wideouts and TE run free all day Saturday in their last second loss to Cuse. Their QB was something like 39 for 55 with 3 TD. Scheme.
Charlie Jones was in a bad passing scheme at Iowa last year. Had 21 catches and 323 yards 3 TD in a year. Transferred to Purdue, sas 32 catches 474 yards 5 TDs in 3 games.

Buddy you make asinine statements like “Gee Gattis was good until he got to the redzone” with a straight face. You earned it and the year we are in is irrelevant.
Anybody with a smart football mind will tell you that was the case, it wasn’t no 3 and out showcase , we consistently moved the ball and got whatever we wanted on the ground.

And it is very relevant, like I said grow up. You are probably one of them asshats in the world who still hold on to highschool popularity or accolades in the real world like that means anything.

Advertisement
Anybody with a smart football mind will tell you that was the case, it wasn’t no 3 and out showcase , we consistently moved the ball and got whatever we wanted on the ground.

And it is very relevant, like I said grow up. You are probably one of them asshats in the world who still hold on to highschool popularity or accolades in the real world like that means anything.
But that’s not the case. Many astute posters have already agreed that Gattis scheme is a problem.

Cribby for one, but I guess he’s not a smart football mind that people on this board respect.

Cory Booker Shoulder Brush GIF by GIPHY News

It's also worth mentioning that for all the hate on Diaz, he still did one thing that took balls- after one year he abandoned the pro style offense despite "pro style" being a defining feature of UM football. The immediate result was consecutive years of a top 25 offense. Mario's connection to the program is a good thing in most respects, but it also may mean that to him, the "UM way" is pro-style and that is non negotiable.

Frankly it's disturbing that 3 games into the Cristobal era I'm already hearing a lot of fans downplay the loss and saying " "Mario just needs time to change the culture." That "change the culture" excuse for bad performances makes me dry heave since I heard that same thing said to defend Randy Shannon, Al Golden, Mark Richt, and Manny Diaz.

i’ve argued this all offseason. Maybe they have ‘off the field’ issues or maybe they’re not the group of WRs Gattis had at Bama. Fine. But, now everyone is terrible? How? They can’t even flash what they flashed last season? To me, it tells me there’s more than one thing. But, it’s always easier for the mob to blame one thing.

Advertisement
Back