Tired of making the same post

View as article
Advertisement
Too much to ask to run a simple screen? To a back or a TE? Something easy in the passing game to get some positive yards?

I think we ran 2 RPO/bubbles to slot receivers when we had trips to a side. One Ladson forgot to block and the other went for 25 yards to George. Other than that, was there a single ball thrown behind the LOS? And if not, it's truly insane because I don't think he completed more than 2 that were over 10 yards. So our entire passing game happens between the LOS and 10 yards downfield. Not exactly hard to defend that.
**** even something simple and quick builds some momentum and confidence for both position groups. we aren't helping a weak WR group out and we aren't helping the QB out. we can't be the program thats gonna be known for ruining what was a dude who put up burrow and Trevor like numbers in his first half season as a starter.

Didn’t have a problem kicking the fg down 17-3, but the play calling with 3 straight runs before the fg is the worst I’ve seen.
its coaching to get 3. the staff had no intention to score a td. at that point, we should've just kicked it on first down and saved some time

Thank you for fairly criticizing Gattis, D.

Why do our fans have such bad memories and truly believe it’s all on execution? That argument can be made for any failure coordinator we’ve had. Players haven’t been executing since Pat Nix. Golden’s defense never executed - it was always the players fault that we couldn’t get pressure, got gashed for 500 yards routinely, couldn’t tackle. Rick’s offense never executed, similar to us now - we blamed everyone from Rosier to our WR - not his ancient 5-play playbook. Enos it was the same thing - posters clinged to him being a Bama coach and it was our dummy players yet again.

Gattis won’t survive here for long.
People not appropriating blame correctly, yeah gattis may have been bad in the redzone but bottom line we moved the ball up and down the field consistently until we got in our own way. Make a few adjustments and he’s okay. He’s already improved the run game. Tvd and the receivers need to get better plain and simple.

Gattis didn’t call a bad game until the redzone or close to it

Any update on DJ Scaife? He looked really good. This offense could work with the right personal. Before the season I didn’t think we had the OL to run this but it’s the WR and TEs. Like D money said they are body catchers this offense needs snatchers. Tough to throw a screen when the receiver get blown up at point of attack or Mallory holds. Need to speed up the tempo. Mario was there at bama when nick brought in Lane to go faster I’m shocked he still runs this slow offense. Have to go for on 4th inside the 5 if you seriously want to win. Indefensible

Advertisement
Another point about the offense - it's one thing to be bad, but to be bad AND boring is a horrible combination for recruiting. Kids will not want to play offense at Miami if the whole season looks like that. Games are hard to watch. The channel gets changed on the TV. The crowd at home games will get bored. Attention spans will be maxed out in the recruit section, fast. This is loser football (see the red zone playing for FG mentality down 2 scores in the 4Q), and it's sure not football designed with Miami HS athletes in mind.

Mario has gotten a TON of things right, but he made a huge error at OC and we all know it, now. Happy to eat crow by the end of the year, but I won't be. Has to get fixed asap and he has to get away from DC/OL football mentality when hiring his next OC. The longer we wait the worse the problem gets.

I wrote this last night but didn't post it because I was tired of the rah-rah crowd telling me I was being impatient or that it was dumb of me to suggest that Mario should have picked an uptempo power spread OC instead of Gattis. Since @DMoney brought the heat, I'm posting it now.
----
It's interesting to look at how the Miami Dolphins transformed in the off season. Tua was starting to look like an all time bust. Last year the backup QB outperformed him. Then UM gets an offensive guru as HC and adds two of the best WRs in the country. And now not even a 21 pt deficit at Halftime on the road, while facing the best running QB in NFL history, can stop Miami.

If Mario is as close to Ruiz as people believe, then this coming offseason Mario needs to beg his friend to sign the two top WRs in the portal to massive NIL deals. There are some offensive schemes that could squeeze more productivity out of the WRs, but Gattis doesn't run one of those offenses. When all goes well, the Gattis offense could put up really good numbers- but he needs superior WR talent in the scheme he runs at UM. It doesn't look like help is coming through the 2023 recruiting class, which means that we are probably going to stuck in a 8-9 win seasons until we get at least one elite WR.

Advertisement
"You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him."

This was the most frustrating part. The plays to win were there. Stevenson doesn't go full ****** and Knighton doesn't get shoe-stringed, we win that game. But, it was painfully obvious they were scared of the passing game late in the game. Can't run an offense like that.

Another point about the offense - it's one thing to be bad, but to be bad AND boring is a horrible combination for recruiting. Kids will not want to play offense at Miami if the whole season looks like that. Games are hard to watch. The channel gets changed on the TV. The crowd at home games will get bored. Attention spans will be maxed out in the recruit section, fast. This is loser football (see the red zone playing for FG mentality down 2 scores in the 4Q), and it's sure not football designed with Miami HS athletes in mind.

Mario has gotten a TON of things right, but he made a huge error at OC and we all know it, now. Happy to eat crow by the end of the year, but I won't be. Has to get fixed asap and he has to get away from DC/OL football mentality when hiring his next OC. The longer we wait the worse the problem gets.
I was at one of the alumni watch parties for this game and half the place is on their phones. were absolutely boring. the issue is we can be boring and get results and im good. I dont need excitement if were putting up points and winning games that we should. were boring and we aren't getting any results. were struggling against weak g5 schools passing the ball. at this point, it has nothing to do w the defense were seeing bc the results are the same whether its a short handed p5 secondary or a weak g5 school.

Advertisement
I think both Gattis and TVD have zero confidence in the WR group. It was definitely evident in TVD taking check downs vs trusting his WRs to win battles with ball in the air.
so if gattis has no confidence in his own position group, then why do we run a scheme that makes it incredibly hard for them to even excel? its a ton of contested catches out there.

This is an overreaction. Have you looked at UGA recruiting at WR lately? Their offense sure ain't stopping blue chipper WRs from committing.

Advertisement
The 17-3 run for it 3 times and kick a field goal was one of the softest most deflating coaching decisions I’ve ever seen here

It was a ******* embarrassment
I remember sitting in the OB in 1999 and watched Coach Davis do the same thing against Penn State.

Hope the overall end results are the same.

Signed,

Peruche

We muffed a punt which led to an A&M touchdown.

We had two missed/blocked field goals.

We had multiple dumb penalties in the red zone.

A&M played a clean game, we didn’t. That was the difference. Execution, execution, execution.
Not really... They made plenty of dumb plays too.
The 2 targetting fouls on 3rd downs that gave us new life.... and 3 pts or more. That punt drop thst we failed to capitalize... injuries on their secondary

But they managed to overcome those and win... we didn't

5 fgs and no tds in that game would still have been a disappointing offensive performance. Can’t expect to win scoring 15 pts…
You get 5 FGs and even 3 TDs, and you're feeling good about yourself.

5FGs and 0 TDs is a sign of red zone ineptitude. Hate to say it, but the evidence is pretty clear. We've got to do better.

What's arguably more disturbing is Borregales. I wasn't expecting to be so concerned about our PK three games into the year, but here we are.

Advertisement
Back