Tiquan Underwood

And then Percy reportedly dropped him to the floor with a 2 piece and a biscuit in a WR meeting lol

Percy my second favorite player to watch of all time in college outside of Reggie Bush. Percy doesn’t get anywhere near the credit he deserves for that FL run with Tebow and Meyer
It’s one of the most legendary stories in college football history...

He actually body slammed & choked Billy because he refused to run the steps & after the incident happened, he didn’t have to practice anytime he didn’t want to & Urby had no problem with it lol. He had his own set of rules.

Advertisement
Gainesville Hurricanes?

Gonzales WR development & recruiting is very questionable...

He hasn’t hit on a decent WR since Percy Harvin & it’s pretty well known that was an Urby eval.

His WR evals during his 4 year stint at UF have all been busts.

Kadarius Toney was a McElway kid & Van Jefferson was an Ole Miss transfer.

As repulsive as that first sentence sounds, if everyone is clamoring for staff continuity, that’s my answer to it.

And Gonzales has been at it a long time, I don’t think he’s scaring kids away. He’s comfortable with Mullen, obviously. I trust Mario and Alonzo to lead the eval department anyway. Not really worried about that.

He wouldn’t be my first choice but Mullen certainly would be very much in that conversation so if everyone really feels the staff fell apart because of lack of familiarity, well this is a pretty safe way to solve that.

As repulsive as that first sentence sounds, if everyone is clamoring for staff continuity, that’s my answer to it.

And Gonzales has been at it a long time, I don’t think he’s scaring kids away. He’s comfortable with Mullen, obviously. I trust Mario and Alonzo to lead the eval department anyway. Not really worried about that.

He wouldn’t be my first choice but Mullen certainly would be very much in that conversation so if everyone really feels the staff fell apart because of lack of familiarity, well this is a pretty safe way to solve that.
It’s no so much that he’d scare kids away, it’s that the ones he picks usually don’t develop into anything.

And I get the continuity angle, but it can’t be overlooked that he was abysmal the last time he & Mullen partnered up. There has to be at least 1 other guy that Dan knows who can Coach WR’s no?

It’s no so much that he’d scare kids away, it’s that the ones he picks usually don’t develop into anything.

And I get the continuity angle, but it can’t be overlooked that he was abysmal the last time he & Mullen partnered up. There has to be at least 1 other guy that Dan knows who can Coach WR’s no?
I am in favor of letting the OC bring in one of two guys for continuity and comfort, I think it’s the right approach. However, Mullet may be the exception to the rule. I can’t think of one guy aside from Brian Johnson (we won’t get both) he had on his offensive staff that I would want here.

That’s not saying I don’t want him as OC but if we go that route I think Mario’s going to have to do the same thing he did last year and assemble the on field staff for him while keeping him locked in a lab like a Soviet nuclear scientist.

Advertisement
I'm in the camp of let the OC get his guy or at the very least, get the OC first.

To **** with Coley though. Guy is on the downward slope. Oh, he's a recruiter, but anyone can recruit at UGA and A&M. He didn't set the world on fire here, but we sucked, so whatever.

I am in favor of letting the OC bring in one of two guys for continuity and comfort, I think it’s the right approach. However, Mullet may be the exception to the rule. I can’t think of one guy aside from Brian Johnson (we won’t get both) he had on his offensive staff that I would want here.

That’s not saying I don’t want him as OC but if we go that route I think Mario’s going to have to do the same thing he did last year and assemble the on field staff for him while keeping him locked in a lab like a Soviet nuclear scientist.
Doesn't necessarily have to be someone who the OC directly worked with.

Just atleast someone who comes from the same tree, familiar with the scheme and terminology.

Last years offensive staff had coaches talking different languages. Its hard to teach players when you yourself are learning.

Doesn't necessarily have to be someone who the OC directly worked with.

Just atleast someone who comes from the same tree, familiar with the scheme and terminology.

Last years offensive staff had coaches talking different languages. Its hard to teach players when you yourself are learning.
Agreed and come to think of it, Zach Smith is available

Advertisement

I’ve got no issue with Mullen...

But Billy, no bueno.

He actually body slammed & choked Billy because he refused to run the steps & after the incident happened, he didn’t have to practice anytime he didn’t want to & Urby had no problem with it lol. He had his own set of rules.
I heard he knocked the **** out of him but the best part of the story was when they were running stadiums Percy stopped , sat down and said “ this **** stops now“. That’s before he knocked the **** out of him. I guess Billy got lippy after he took a seat.

Last edited:

Another good one from those days is when Arron Hernandez started jerking off during a team meeting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You didn't answer any of my questions

Is he familiar with our new OC's system? Will he be able to immediately start implementing OC's system in the spring? Does he even get along with the OC?
We don’t even know who the OC is to my understanding so I’m not understanding your point of posing set questions

Advertisement
Back