Times are changing!

Advertisement
I`ve been a Cane fan all of my life. I remember Mira SR. touchdown pass against FSU to win 7-6, I think in 62. I just don`t understand the fan of today! Good or bad ( and it was mostly bad.) we enjoyed the Canes, even if they lost. Today, following a loss, people in here go nuts. I know to loose to FIU was nightmarish! I even stayed out of the room for a week. I won`t even talk about recruiting. I do remember when we stood on top of the collegiate football world. OK time for me to get off the soapbox.

CANES

Thanks Pops but I think I heard Granny calling to say your Geritrol is ready.

I`ve been a Cane fan all of my life. I remember Mira SR. touchdown pass against FSU to win 7-6, I think in 62. I just don`t understand the fan of today!

1576538640319.gif

Advertisement
I`ve been a Cane fan all of my life. I remember Mira SR. touchdown pass against FSU to win 7-6, I think in 62. I just don`t understand the fan of today! Good or bad ( and it was mostly bad.) we enjoyed the Canes, even if they lost. Today, following a loss, people in here go nuts. I know to loose to FIU was nightmarish! I even stayed out of the room for a week. I won`t even talk about recruiting. I do remember when we stood on top of the collegiate football world. OK time for me to get off the soapbox.

CANES

so we should just pretend it’s 1962 and that the eighties never happened?

Ok boomer

Advertisement

CANES

giphy (16).gif

As many have said in here before, it’s going to take a commitment to winning and competence at the top. Then make the right hire and winning big can happen again. Clemson was stuck in mediocrity for years, Alabama was up and down for 20+ years outside of ‘92. It can happen...

CANES
I've been a Cane fan all of my life. I remember Torretta throwing a TD pass against FSU to put us up 17-16 in 92. I do understand the fan of today.

Advertisement

CANES
I hear you brotha. It's the underachieving that gets me. Before we were the U, when expectations were nil, of course we held our heads up high no matter what. But when you consistently out-recruit--at least on paper--every school you play every year except 2 or 3, but you still routinely crank out 5 and 6 loss seasons, it gets frustrating. Add to that a coach who is learning the hard way the folly of overpromising and under-delivering, and the results are maddening.

With that said, I will remain faithful to This U until my dying day. I can't forget the good times, and look forward to our boys someday holding up that trophy once again. GO CANES!!

Last edited by a moderator:

CANES
First of all, you're probably older than me, so congrats for that for sure. In '62, even with Mira Sr, we were decent, but did not hit greatness until the 80's, and from that point until the early 2000's, we were a force in college football with only peaks and a few valleys. We always got out of the valleys. Currently we are in the valley of the shadow of death for nearly 20 years. That's the difference.

Also, RIP Coach Gustafson (did a helluva job for us)

Advertisement
the difference is now there are message boards and the interwebs, where people can log on and post their infinite outrage. before we met up wherever and talked about it like rational human beings. now we have raving, incoherent morons saying we should have shut down the program 10 years ago. no one would have said that 15, 20 years ago in person for fear of being laughed out of the room and/or punched in the face.

CANES
I remember that play too. For me, Howard changed everything. We got a taste of the good life and can't go back. JJ put us on roids and the feeling of that high does not fade. We know what we can and even should be and want it. Fans who only knew the Glory Days see it as a birthright like any Bama fan. Younger ones who only know 30 for 30 what that feeling. Sure, we should enjoy the Canes but the day of settling for that are gone. Today, it is bring back the good or shut this thing down to end the pain. Sorry, my friend, I never want to sit in the frigging rain and watch another gator flop.

Advertisement
Back