Time To Move Pat Bethel Back To Defensive End

The coaches fattened him up to make him a DT. Since then he's flashed once, and that was when he chased Duke's QB down and forced a fumble.

He came here to play DE but our recruiting mistakes forced his move inside.

Bethel came into Miami at 265. Bethel never played under Al Golden, so we can quit with that fattening up nonsense.

Advertisement
I been saying from the time 2017 season ended they needed to put forth a more consensus effort to bring in a grad transfer at the DE position

I want to agree with you but get the feeling he's a tweener, never going to be stout enough for DT and not quite athletic enough for DE.

Try Bar Milo at DT. He can (I assume) at least figure out how to fall down and clog up a running lane like a big ol **** in the toilet.

I been saying from the time 2017 season ended they needed to put forth a more consensus effort to bring in a grad transfer at the DE position

Only real issue...there weren't many available...nevermind what should have been Miami quality DE (even for a rotation where the guy sees 200 snaps)...we were already kicking around the dented cans with Tito on the interior.

Advertisement
Mccloud and Joyner to DE is the move.
Joyner is still growing and is already in the 230-233 range for pass rushing situations. Pity he was not an EE or he would have been 240-245 or so like
Gregory Rousseau
Patchan looks very big in person at DE and is 255 so hope he holds up as he has the size and speed.
Glad Jaffari Harvey is working on being an EE as that 8 months of S&C and team activities really helps. His HS coach said he is 230 now.. Hewill be probably 235-240 when he arrives and as EE 245-250 for the season.

Reasons:

Injuries are piling up at DE (JJ, Djax, Rousseau).
Can't count on Djax and Patchan to stay healthy.
Bethel at DE provides help in stopping the run, keeping Garvin and JJ fresher.
Willis, Silvera, Ford, Tito, Miller, Martin can hold it down at DT.
Bethel isn't some plodder who can't move despite the bad weight.
Joyner is still learning the position.
Most importantly, Silvera needs to be on the field more often.

He could be used in possible DE situations depending upon his current speed and quickness now at about 280-285.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Reasons:

Injuries are piling up at DE (JJ, Djax, Rousseau).
Can't count on Djax and Patchan to stay healthy.
Bethel at DE provides help in stopping the run, keeping Garvin and JJ fresher.
Willis, Silvera, Ford, Tito, Miller, Martin can hold it down at DT.
Bethel isn't some plodder who can't move despite the bad weight.
Joyner is still learning the position.
Most importantly, Silvera needs to be on the field more often.

Quality work as usual my friend.

Keep it up.

Only real issue...there weren't many available...nevermind what should have been Miami quality DE (even for a rotation where the guy sees 200 snaps)...we were already kicking around the dented cans with Tito on the interior.
The thing about being fans rather than coaches is that we get to pretend that there is this magical, endless supply of P5 quality transfer candidates and JUCO's just waiting to get a call from us.

The thing about being fans rather than coaches is that we get to pretend that there is this magical, endless supply of P5 quality transfer candidates and JUCO's just waiting to get a call from us.

There aren't that's a fact. That's why if you fail on the crootin trail/development you will fail on Saturday's.

I could see us moving to more 3-4 fronts to offset DE depth too. We can still be aggressive in that front.

Advertisement
Miami has plenty of DE depth. Don't know what some of you smoke. Must be that new spice **** or something. Anyway, DE is the least of our problems. LB MAY have a depth issue after this season but surely one of the kids that hasn't played will step up. Back in the day, we would lose our entire secondary and roll out 4 new guys no one ever heard of and not skip a beat. The coaches know their numbers and recruit accordingly. Stop worrying so much about DE when a true frosh no one ever thought would play cept for a spring game gets hurt. We lose Garvin and JJ this season then lets talk.

Advertisement
I don’t agree with a permanent switch to DE but he could start out at DT and switch to SDE at times like do the opposite of what DJax does.

We aren’t switching to a 3-4. Stop the idiotic comments.

And garvin isn’t leaving this year. Dumbest fan base ever.

Advertisement
Back