Time of Possession

Lol our TOP would be horrid if they didn't wait that time with all of our 3 and outs.

Advertisement
Eh I have no problem using the a decent bit of the clock, helps the D and besides if the other team doesn’t have the ball they’re probably not scoring, that’s kind of the point.

What I do have an issue with, is the lack of motion, if we’re going to use that time might as well send a guy across the formation and help the Qbs out a bit in knowing what coverage they’re seeing.

Advertisement
Why do u think he’d like em to go faster?

His offenses of old were never this lethargic and the nature of practice indicates he wants a faster tempo. Uptempo isn’t the same as a no-huddle, which is essentially what we are by taking so long to snap the ball. Perry had a noticeable uptick in tempo when he initially relieved Malik but has since regressed.

His offenses of old were never this lethargic and the nature of practice indicates he wants a faster tempo. Uptempo isn’t the same as a no-huddle, which is essentially what we are by taking so long to snap the ball. Perry had a noticeable uptick in tempo when he initially relieved Malik but has since regressed.
I was under the impression that the Os tempo was dictated by richt. I have a hard time believing that he allows the QB to decide how quick he wants to go. But I’ve def been wrong before.

Only time that time of possession means anything is with 7 or 8 minutes left and preserving a lead. I remember Cane teams that the ave scoring drive took less time than this team takes on a 3 and out plus punt. We rarely won time of possession in those games

Advertisement
I was under the impression that the Os tempo was dictated by richt. I have a hard time believing that he allows the QB to decide how quick he wants to go. But I’ve def been wrong before.

The tempo Richt wants to operate is a stark contrast to the plodding pace Miami (and Georgia) used last season. The Hurricanes ranked 92nd in drives per game, 83rd in offensive snaps and 82nd in time of possession per play. Georgia was tied or worse with Miami in each category.
"I do want to go high tempo and have very few moments between a play," Richt said. "As soon as the play is over or even before, I’m pretty much knowing what I’m going to call. I want to get it out before Brad looks to the sideline."
Most of the play-calling won’t come Saturdays. During the week, he’ll set up a section on his play sheet for his favorite personnel groupings, favorite formations and a section for "dudes, guys who are ballers and playmakers who I got to have some plays for." Richt might script as many as 10 series, often times the first five plays with a handful of third-down options depending on the distance.

The tempo Richt wants to operate is a stark contrast to the plodding pace Miami (and Georgia) used last season. The Hurricanes ranked 92nd in drives per game, 83rd in offensive snaps and 82nd in time of possession per play. Georgia was tied or worse with Miami in each category.
"I do want to go high tempo and have very few moments between a play," Richt said. "As soon as the play is over or even before, I’m pretty much knowing what I’m going to call. I want to get it out before Brad looks to the sideline."
Most of the play-calling won’t come Saturdays. During the week, he’ll set up a section on his play sheet for his favorite personnel groupings, favorite formations and a section for "dudes, guys who are ballers and playmakers who I got to have some plays for." Richt might script as many as 10 series, often times the first five plays with a handful of third-down options depending on the distance.
So obviously that was all lip service

What bugged the **** out of me was the HB HAVING to move before every play before we could snap the ball. We wasted so much time with that BS.

I mean really what’s the point of that??
Seems like the most useless motion.
And nothing ever comes out of it.
It’s always the same.

Advertisement
Back