Time of Possession

Miamistan96

Recruit
Does it irritate the **** out of anyone else that we consistently wait 20-25 seconds to snap the ball? The lack of urgency is ridiculous, including late in the game when we’re down. I’m not saying we have to snap the ball every 5 seconds but it just seems as if our time of possession numbers are inflated for Richt to have something to harp on in postgame pressers.

Advertisement
Time of possession is a useless statistic especially if you are inconsistent. Have long said we would be better if we ran more uptempo, I think Our guys operate best that way and not trying to play a slow game which limits our opportunities on offense or make us have to be nearly perfect when we have the ball. Speeding up our tempo will maximize our chances to score

Can only run tempo when u execute. Can’t run temp when u lose yards on 1st/2nd down..can’t run tempo when u throw picks. Can’t run tempo with no execution

At least it gives our defense a breather. 3 and outs have been automatic this year

Seemed like the issue last year was going too quickly, not getting 1st downs, and putting the D back on the field

Advertisement
What bugged the **** out of me was the HB HAVING to move before every play before we could snap the ball. We wasted so much time with that BS.

That last scoring drive Saturday made me absolutely lose my mind! 15sec to get playcall in and 30secs to snap the ball. If someone had just tuned in and the score was hidden they would have 100% thought either we were up or the game is tied. Mindblowing.
It all lined up for us to have a chance at the end. O got points with more than 2 minutes left and all 3 TOs still on the board. The onside kick in hindsight can be 2nd guessed. But the D still got the stop but G Will decided to take a cheap shot on a lineman knocking him into Tito..then we know the rest

Advertisement
Does it irritate the **** out of anyone else that we consistently wait 20-25 seconds to snap the ball? The lack of urgency is ridiculous, including late in the game when we’re down. I’m not saying we have to snap the ball every 5 seconds but it just seems as if our time of possession numbers are inflated for Richt to have something to harp on in postgame pressers.

That's how they did it 30 years ago

It all lined up for us to have a chance at the end. O got points with more than 2 minutes left and all 3 TOs still on the board. The onside kick in hindsight can be 2nd guessed. But the D still got the stop but G Will decided to take a cheap shot on a lineman knocking him into Tito..then we know the rest
Absolutely, I agree with you there. Our D is so beast they ONCE AGAIN gave us another chance - even when we didn't deserve it at all. And I actually woulda liked our chances down 6 with 2:30 on the clock, even with Rosier at the helm. But if we would have scored 2 or 3 mins quicker there, then the Tito thing wouldn't have ended it. Then again, we were executing so poorly on offense that night that maybe we don't score if we had gone more up tempo. Whatever. Monday morning quarterback. It is what it is.

Richt thinks thats innovative lol
All it does is prevent them from snapping the ball 5 seconds sooner. Those 5 **** seconds add up over the course of 2-3 drives when you're trailing and need all the time you can get. But yes, Richt probably thinks it's highly creative. It's horrible clock management, like we haven't seen since Randy roamed the sidelines.

All it does is prevent them from snapping the ball 5 seconds sooner. Those 5 **** seconds add up over the course of 2-3 drives when you're trailing and need all the time you can get. But yes, Richt probably thinks it's highly creative. It's horrible clock management, like we haven't seen since Randy roamed the sidelines.
I’ll say this..our plays come from the sideline..along with subs..then u have protection and oline communications. It’s not as simple as just calling a play..now depending on our 1st dwn yardage gain or lack thereof we go tempo..but to go tempo all the time is one sided and not responsible. Ask chip kelly and a philly..most tempo teams have lacking D... and we really don’t have many delay of game penalties

Advertisement
Advertisement

Richt isn't the one calling the cadence at the line, and he'd like them to go faster as well.

Time of possession is a useless statistic especially if you are inconsistent. Have long said we would be better if we ran more uptempo, I think Our guys operate best that way and not trying to play a slow game which limits our opportunities on offense or make us have to be nearly perfect when we have the ball. Speeding up our tempo will maximize our chances to score

Our defense would be gassed by the 1st Q. This O is so **** poor, they would be going 3n out in bunches. Not to mention the false starts. We would need to get 15 yards each fresh set of downs with this OL.

ap692.gif

Advertisement
Back