Time for the young Qbs

All ACC
Premium
Idk if the injury affected him or what but it’s become glaring… King does nothing for the program starting at this point. (Manny or not) If we think we have something with TVD or Garcia, now is the time. It’s better for the future and it’s probably better for week 3.

Advertisement
Many things come to play here.. diaz is soft and so is King....If somebody messes up we take it so easy on them. King and Manny are not leaders and they are to nice. All they have to do is yell and make everybody accountable and if you ***** up next man up. This would fix everything. The players will respond to this becuase they know what's at stake....change this it will change the program

at least...also need a new defense and lashlee needs to wake the F up. oh yea play Taylor and James more

Advertisement
It would make sense but Manure is clinging to his job and probably won't throw Garcia out there when he can hope to eek out 7-8 wins with Ling, which is a good year according to a majority of our cuck fan base and AD.
One hundred percent brother. It’s only a move Manny early on in their tenure would make. In reality it’s probably the move that actually helps save his job, but he wouldn’t know the difference.

Advertisement
Unfortunately Manure will wait until its too late to matter. King will completely implode and we will lose a few games before he thinks about replacing King. Which is another problem I have with this staff. We make certain players into completely untouchable sacred cows for no good reason.

I agree.
Maybe the back ups are as bad as the QBs we’ve had over the last 10 years.
If they are that bad , just start king again.

Advertisement
this is bull****, i've been told that king is a leader and a game breaker on this forum

stfu is with this heresy, gonna bump this thread for the next few days

If garcia played last night the way the line was blocking it would've been worse. However King played poorly as well. He needs to stop trying to run all the time a few times had clean pockets just sit and wait. some one will get open no need to take off if no ones around you.

No changes will be made by soft as baby poo Manny. Zero. I would say be patient but for what??

Advertisement
So, we are all so sure Garcia will be better than King just like we thought Perry would be the answer over Rosier in 2018 and Williams would be the answer over Perry in 2019? And this is based on the large sample size of a spring game and the stats we read in 2 fall scrimmages? How about we give the guy a series or 2 against a live pass rush in an actual college game before he's given a starting nod?

Another thing to keep in mind, we have complained each year about guys giving half-*** performances, not putting in the work, and leaving early. Here is a guy who blew his knee out in the last game. He made a commitment to come back for another year, which helped lead to other guys coming back. He is known as the "leader" of the team and an excellent example both on and off the field for his teammates. You're going to go ahead and take his starting job away in essence for 2 bad games (one of which was against Bama)? What does that show to the rest of the team?

Look, I'm not saying King is untouchable forever. I'm just saying there are other guys on this team who should have snaps taken away from them due to their lackadaisical play and sense of entitlement. To me, that is the biggest issue for this team. They don't respect Manny or his discipline. I'm all for Manny tightening the screws on those players. I just don't think the time is right to do it to King. If the Canes had more players with King's attitude, preparation, and heart, the Canes would be in much better shape.

I note our ****poor coaches we've had since Butch - always wait until too late to change up QB's. Or anything.

Not one has a sense of timing - that comes with good intuition. They'll see the bridge washed out ahead - and keep the foot on the gas. Coach after coach.

Game day - deer in the headlights.

"If the Canes had more players with King's attitude, preparation, and heart, the Canes would be in much better shape."

100% on this. The problem is not king. He made enough plays to get us the win against App State. And I know how disappointed I was in the game against App State but I am not mad about King. He did his job. Was he perfect? **** no. But everything he did gave us a chance to win. I am not sure every thing the other players on offense did everything necessary to win. I know they tried but the offensive line did not play well and the drops were similar to last year early in the season. Defense played good at times but App State made some plays. Maybe that offense is a little better than we thought.

"If the Canes had more players with King's attitude, preparation, and heart, the Canes would be in much better shape."

100% on this. The problem is not king. He made enough plays to get us the win against App State. And I know how disappointed I was in the game against App State but I am not mad about King. He did his job. Was he perfect? **** no. But everything he did gave us a chance to win. I am not sure every thing the other players on offense did everything necessary to win. I know they tried but the offensive line did not play well and the drops were similar to last year early in the season. Defense played good at times but App State made some plays. Maybe that offense is a little better than we thought.
King wasn't good at All on Saturday. Passing wise he's on a Malik Rosier level, his legs are what makes them work for him. If King was graded as just a passer he would me mediocre, he handicaps the passing game. He can't throw the deep ball and he can't throw outside, everything has to be in the middle within 20 yards. When Nkosi played OK state he had 230 yards 2TDs and about 125 yards worth of drops in a little over 2 qtrs it was the best our downfield passing game looked all season. Defenses know this so they stack the box and play man on the outside

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back