Time for Miami to look like top-10 team (ESPN)

This week we see what Morris is made of...Wake Forest is not a GREAT team but disciplined and comes to play...they are 58th in the country in pass D Of course UNC was 91st...

He needs another 400+ yard day with 4 tds to get his confidence going...***** FSU..we just SM to step up.

If he stars his over throws and ints...he needs to sit, we have a special season and we need the best players on the field IF a hobbling INt machine is the best we have, then we were all fooled.

I would take less.

10/16 200 with 2TDs and No Ints.

I am concerned about the bad habits with the mechanics.

Advertisement
Meh we'll get it turned around! They also failed to mention that 1-5 UNC team has also played the #7 most difficult schedule on the country. Doesn't excuse our QB play but that's what has been hurting us most. Morris gets his play cleaned up we will kick Wakes teeth in.

Just because they played a tough schedule doesn't make them any better than what their record indicates. That is not a very good team UM played on Thursday.

Do we say that since Miami has played a fairly weak schedule thus far that they aren't as good as their record indicates?

Yes

I don't remember what their turnover situation was, but nobody cared when ND was pulling out every game by the skin of their teeth last year.

This week we see what Morris is made of...Wake Forest is not a GREAT team but disciplined and comes to play...they are 58th in the country in pass D Of course UNC was 91st...

He needs another 400+ yard day with 4 tds to get his confidence going...***** FSU..we just SM to step up.

If he stars his over throws and ints...he needs to sit, we have a special season and we need the best players on the field IF a hobbling INt machine is the best we have, then we were all fooled.

I would take less.

He needs to throw more than 16 times to beat Wake forest...Grobe knows Sm has struggled and will do what UNC did fill the box and stop the run.....it just took coley 3 qtrs to figure out that we could run on them with having 8 guys in the box...WF is better at stopping the run..

If anything it speaks to the talent level of the team that they have been able to overcome 12 turnovers in three games and come out of that stretch still undefeated.....glass is half full.

I agree with half of this. Yes,
We should be thrilled we are undefeated

I've already openly said we will beat fsu, I think our team is more motivated. But we will lose if we continue to turn it over because the athletes at FSU are just as good, VT's defense is also no joke and if we don't protect the ball then our season goes from possible bcs berth to chick fila peach bowl or worse, which is great and all but not what we're shooting for at Miami

I agree with half of this. Miami will not beat FSU or VT if they turn the ball over, but IMO many are losing sight of where the team has come. 11-2 and a nice bowl is a win as far as I'm concerned. Call me what you will, but Miami's not winning a title this year.

Yea to be honest i dont we're ready for the Natty. Just taking my orange and green shades off. I loss may be on the horizon, let's hope I'm wrong tho.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Time for Morris to do his best Eli Manning Playoff Impression... win every game!

I would take less.

He needs to throw more than 16 times to beat Wake forest...Grobe knows Sm has struggled and will do what UNC did fill the box and stop the run.....it just took coley 3 qtrs to figure out that we could run on them with having 8 guys in the box...WF is better at stopping the run..

For some reason, I was hoping that those were his first half stats and he was pulled in the second half. WF is pretty bad on the road, they are averaging 14.0.

Grobe also knows that his offense is worse then UNC.

l'd like to see Miami run the ball 70+% of the time vs Wake Forest, take minimal shots down field, and feed the intermediate passing game.

25-30 touches for DC, 15 for Duke, Clements/Hagens/Edwards cleaning up the rest, score depending.

Advertisement
Can't argue with anything she wrote there, except as a whole we did not play so terribly against GT, shut them down second half, and USF we looked like world beaters with the 1's in.

As far as SM, he obviously needs to make some serious mechanical and decision making corrections, which in itself is alarming half way through his senior season and his 20+ start.

But I think the key the rest of the way really comes down to what we thought would be our greatest strength this season, our o line. SM was getting a lot of heat from the UNC line and we saw what u***'s did. If they don't start playing like the NFL line we heard all about during the off season then we can very easily lose to both FSU and VT. And while this has shaped up to be a great season, if we are not in Charlotte the first week if Dec, IMO it was an epic fail considering our division.

There's no excuse to have stats like that. Those sloppy turnovers and allowing almost 1,000 yards of offense in the last two games are startling.

We're lucky that so far we are out-talenting teams, but good luck playing this brand of ****** football against FSU and VT - we'll get smoked. This Wake game better be a display of the cleanest, crispest, most disciplined game of football we've seen all year.

UNC could very easily win out their remaining games: BC, @NC ST, UVA, @ Pitt, ODU and Duke.

Yeah, that is not a 1-5 team to be honest....from a talent standpoint. They had a tough schedule to start the year. The only real inexcusable loss is ECU. Not sure wtf happened there. They could very well win out.

Advertisement
The TE should be utilized heavily for this game. Walford should get 5-6 targets alone. Sandland and Cleveland 1-2, also. More underneath stuff to RBs and Wrs!!

There's no excuse to have stats like that. Those sloppy turnovers and allowing almost 1,000 yards of offense in the last two games are startling.

We're lucky that so far we are out-talenting teams, but good luck playing this brand of ****ty football against FSU and VT - we'll get smoked. This Wake game better be a display of the cleanest, crispest, most disciplined game of football we've seen all year.

Of course nobody is happy about the turnovers, they're disgusting and unacceptable.

But these yards are simply talking points. Look closer at these games...

Morris throws 4 INTs against UNC, gives our defense a huge dlck in the *** by doing so. He forces them on the field an additional 4 times, they scored 23 points in total (6 in the second half).

Points off turnovers: 6 (2 FGs, both Morris INTs)

We turned it over 4 times against GT, hey defense stay on the field more.

Points off turnovers: 7 (after the Duke fumble)

13 total points on 8 turnovers. That is good for our defense to hold them to 13 points on 8 turnovers. These yards don't tell the whole picture, they are not good in anyway but understandable. Our defense has been holding well after these turnovers too.

Advertisement
Why people say if we turn it over we lose? not necessarily. We had 3 TOs v GT but we force them into 3, so -1, we had 4 v UNC and force 2. So u can overcome it. We need to stop TO for sure tho. Its good to be winning badly tho, one of thse games they are gonna put it together. I dont see Golden letting these things flying for too long

Why people say if we turn it over we lose? not necessarily. We had 3 TOs v GT but we force them into 3, so -1, we had 4 v UNC and force 2. So u can overcome it. We need to stop TO for sure tho. Its good to be winning badly tho, one of thse games they are gonna put it together. I dont see Golden letting these things flying for too long

Correct but the point is that when you turnover you give their offense more possessions or at the very least put their offense on the field. We put their offense on the field, they have more opportunities to score.

So the fact that we only allowed 13 points off 8 turnovers is simply amazing.

Thats funny ever since home boy said jinxed us with the fumbling issue 3 Games ago look at what has happened.... Someone need to jinx us some good luck for the next 8 games

Advertisement
Back