Time for Miami to look like top-10 team (ESPN)

MiamiVice7

Senior
I certainly agree with the title...

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/62063/time-for-miami-to-start-looking-like-a-top-10-team

Yikes:

"… the Canes have now turned it over 12 times in the past three games -- the only team in the country to have at least four turnovers in three straight games this season and the first since East Carolina in 2011. Miami has also had four red-zone turnovers in its last three games. (The Hurricanes had two red-zone turnovers each of the last two seasons.) The defense has allowed 901 yards in the past two games, and quarterback Stephen Morris looked like he was throwing with a blindfold on in Chapel Hill. Miami needed everything it had to win on the road against a North Carolina team that is off to its worst start since 2006."

It's time to play to our potential. Cut out the sloppiness and play sharp football and the sky's the limit.

Advertisement
Fair and honest about the turnovers. We're 6-0 with all these turnovers, makes you think.

The yards is junk.

Meh we'll get it turned around! They also failed to mention that 1-5 UNC team has also played the #7 most difficult schedule on the country. Doesn't excuse our QB play but that's what has been hurting us most. Morris gets his play cleaned up we will kick Wakes teeth in.

Meh we'll get it turned around! They also failed to mention that 1-5 UNC team has also played the #7 most difficult schedule on the country. Doesn't excuse our QB play but that's what has been hurting us most. Morris gets his play cleaned up we will kick Wakes teeth in.

Just because they played a tough schedule doesn't make them any better than what their record indicates. That is not a very good team UM played on Thursday.

Do we say that since Miami has played a fairly weak schedule thus far that they aren't as good as their record indicates?

Advertisement
6-0 is 6-0, we have proven to resilient and able to overcome the TO's. To stay unbeaten against the schedule we have upcoming the offense is going to have to execute much better.

No excuses for the turnovers, but it was compounded by the excitement generated for the Thursday night game.

I just want to see what we can be if we play to our potential. Nobody plays perfect football all the time, but we certainly have room to step up our game. That's what's so exciting about where we are this season.

I don't want to look back and think 'what if'. We've had time to work through the kinks and I hope we can put it all together for the rest of the season. We have so much potential.

Imagine what kind of season this can be if we play good football most of the time. It's right in front of our faces.

She's right. If Morris does not improve his decision-making and execution dramatically, we will not beat FSU or Va Tech.

Advertisement
whatever **** that bs from that stupid ****.....

If Duke Johnson didnt get knocked out the game and Stephen Morris didnt throw 4 interceptions, the game wouldve been a blowout regardless.... so it's not the entire team its just a couple of things that need to be understood by Duke and Morris, and it sounds like they already know what those things are.....

“It’s a big sense of urgency,” said Johnson, who was cleared to play in Saturday’s game against Wake Forest. “We have to cut down on turnovers because they cost games. We can’t keep putting our defense in situations like that where they just get off the field and we turn the ball over and they have to get right back on the field. When watching film, it’s little details you don’t really take to heart that coaches talk about, just the little things. That’s what we have to get better on, as far as maybe holding the ball with two hands or making the right decision when throwing the ball -- either throw it away but don’t throw it into coverage or just protect the ball at all costs.”

Also Duke needs to stop using his head to block, that's more important then him holding the ball w/ 2 hands.

As far as Virginia Tech had a "better" defense then "everybody" last year but Duke ran right down their throats..... **** them, Miami could turn the ball over, and b/c of their pathetic offense still be in position to win.

Now Miami cant do that at all against FSU if we expect to be able to win at all..... that's why i'm glad it happened against UNC on the road before the FSU game. Now everyone is going to be keyed in a lot more to the details and be more focused for the next half of the season.

Last edited:
She's right. If Morris does not improve his decision-making and execution dramatically, we will not beat FSU or Va Tech.

Obviously and he's working on that.

Regardless Morris could look like he did against UNC versus VTech and Miami could still win at home, i have zero respect for them.

If Morris pulls his head from his *** and gets on a hot streak like he finished the season last year the Canes can roll anybody.

Time to beat Wake Forest badly. I doubt close wins over terrible opponents will give us any help in the BCS.

Advertisement
Schedule-wise we're definitely the weakest top ten team. We have only two wins over teams with winning records, uf and Ga tech.

This whole thing could come crashing down if they don't step it up. As mentioned the first half of the schedule teams are winning at a 33% clip, the second half they're winning at a 66% pace +/-.
It's about to get interesting.

If anything it speaks to the talent level of the team that they have been able to overcome 12 turnovers in three games and come out of that stretch still undefeated.....glass is half full.

Advertisement
Lsu lost to ole miss... the legend *** tebow lost to a unranked ol miss team you have slip ups. We got out alive and thats all that matters.

Lets just hope morris got all his jacory out of his system

This week we see what Morris is made of...Wake Forest is not a GREAT team but disciplined and comes to play...they are 58th in the country in pass D Of course UNC was 91st...

He needs another 400+ yard day with 4 tds to get his confidence going...***** FSU..we just SM to step up.

If he stars his over throws and ints...he needs to sit, we have a special season and we need the best players on the field IF a hobbling INt machine is the best we have, then we were all fooled.

If anything it speaks to the talent level of the team that they have been able to overcome 12 turnovers in three games and come out of that stretch still undefeated.....glass is half full.

I agree with half of this. Yes,
We should be thrilled we are undefeated

The other side is, our best win so far is against an awful Florida team who is 4-3, UNC is now 1-4 and split our defense wide open on national television. We have given up 900 yards the last two games. We have 12 turnovers in the last three games,and our senior qb is playing like a true freshman.

we shouldn't have a problem against wake, duke, Virginia, and pitt because of our talent like you mentioned. But the goal wasnt to just beat the scrubs in the conference.

I've already openly said we will beat fsu, I think our team is more motivated. But we will lose if we continue to turn it over because the athletes at FSU are just as good, VT's defense is also no joke and if we don't protect the ball then our season goes from possible bcs berth to chick fila peach bowl or worse, which is great and all but not what we're shooting for at Miami

I agree with half of this. Yes,
We should be thrilled we are undefeated

I've already openly said we will beat fsu, I think our team is more motivated. But we will lose if we continue to turn it over because the athletes at FSU are just as good, VT's defense is also no joke and if we don't protect the ball then our season goes from possible bcs berth to chick fila peach bowl or worse, which is great and all but not what we're shooting for at Miami

I agree with half of this. Miami will not beat FSU or VT if they turn the ball over, but IMO many are losing sight of where the team has come. 11-2 and a nice bowl is a win as far as I'm concerned. Call me what you will, but Miami's not winning a title this year.

Advertisement
Back