Tim Williams

Redmen7805

Freshman
He says he calls the Canes coaches almost everyday and talks to them for about an hour.

He watched the ND game and the loss will not affect his decision.

Advertisement
Who would want to come play in Donofrio's maintain gap control do not rush the passer scheme?

says he will visit after the season....talk to Golden alot and has a great relationship.

Getting this guy and Thomas is what our defense needs in the long run, but we also need an impact player on the DL from juco or something.

I think 2013 will be really special. Limited ships but it seems that we're bringing in some studs. Like to get 1-2 of these TE to enroll early and get them involved in the offense.

Advertisement
Who would want to come play in Donofrio's maintain gap control do not rush the passer scheme?

I said the same thing before and was negged and called a ******...why would an elite pass rusher want to be a part of it? I just don't understand the scheme and its purpose...

He was planning on coming to the FSU game originally. That is the 3rd visit he's "cancelled". As much as he wants to be here, his family wants him at LSU

Even if this kid comes here he is atleast 2 years off... Kid is smaller than McCord.

If Donofrio wants to have a credible defense he better get some juco film and find someone, and not no JAG

Advertisement

I said the same thing before and was negged and called a ******...why would an elite pass rusher want to be a part of it? I just don't understand the scheme and its purpose...

Well you are and everyone else is retarded if they don't think adding an elite DE with an elite DT to the Dlineman would be a massive upgrade to this team and the defense. The Dline is a major problem and getting players who can actually cause disruption would help the scheme be better than what has been shown.

Well you are and everyone else is retarded if they don't think adding an elite DE with an elite DT to the Dlineman would be a massive upgrade to this team and the defense. The Dline is a major problem and getting players who can actually cause disruption would help the scheme be better than what has been shown.

Adding better players will always help. But how can you sell this scheme to a pass rusher? Isn't Dono basically telling his linemen to get blocked? What kid wants that over gettin after the QB? Like I've said numerous times, I don't understand the purpose. I've asked 3 or 4 times on here and the football board, no one will give me an answer...

Adding better players will always help. But how can you sell this scheme to a pass rusher? Isn't Dono basically telling his linemen to get blocked? What kid wants that over gettin after the QB? Like I've said numerous times, I don't understand the purpose. I've asked 3 or 4 times on here and the football board, no one will give me an answer...

Our guys get blocked because they're not that good, not gap control. We need talent on the dl.

So which is it? Talent or scheme? We read stories on here of how Luther gets in trouble for trying to create on his own and getting away from gap control. Maybe its the booze when I watch but every snap the DL fires right into the OL. No moves, no stunts, nothing...my point, and I'm sure Ringz too, if that's the D that is being run, what kid would want to play in it? They wanna rush the qb and get to the NFL.

If I'm wrong here, please explain to me what the scheme is and how is it supposed to generate pressure. I really do not understand the scheme...

Advertisement
I´m pretty sure that Coach D´oh wouldn´t get too mad if one of our DEs actually were able to get off a pass block and apply some pressure. I srsly doubt he´s told them to "maintain their gaps" when the QB drops back.

I´m pretty sure that Coach D´oh wouldn´t get too mad if one of our DEs actually were able to get off a pass block and apply some pressure. I srsly doubt he´s told them to "maintain their gaps" when the QB drops back.

I don't know about that, I've heard them repeatedly say it's about gap control, and I believe Luther got in the dog house for slipping blocks and getting in the backfield.

Advertisement
Im sorry because I didnt play college ball, but is every play ran the same way on defense? Luther probably got in the dog house for trying to rush the passer on a play that called for gap control first. 3rd and long and you guys think that they want our linemen not to get to the QB? Look I understand there is a problem with the scheme right now in terms of not being flexible and something has to give here so Im not giving the DC a pass, but I love how we still have people with their heads in the sand about our talent. One of the starters at DT who happened to also be out for the ND game, is not only a true sophomore but was a Temple commit that Golden took with him when he came here. Not only that but he is a converted DE. To supplement the DE position we have Green and Cain, two converted LBs, and a bunch of freshmen. Just think about for a second.

I believe Luther got in the dog house for slipping blocks and getting in the backfield.

lol

Despite Golden repeatedly saying we need a DL that can wreak havoc, somehow a player gets in trouble for doing that... Sure.

Thats exactly how it happened. Luther was slipping blocks and making plays, even caused a fumble in the BC game. As I was watching I kept saying they cant block him. Then after that game he is in the doghouse for slipping blocks. Then he goes back to what they want him to do and disappears again. Havent heard from him since..... Is it the scheme or talent, because he looked like he had talent in the BC game.....

Even if this kid comes here he is atleast 2 years off... Kid is smaller than McCord.

If Donofrio wants to have a credible defense he better get some juco film and find someone, and not no JAG

This.

I think a JuCo DE is even more important than a JuCo DT right now.

Advertisement
Back