tim irvin

I'm sorry I hafta humbly disagree with you puncicane. There is no way you're going to tell me that Tyran Matthieu was a better playmaking safety than Sean Taylor. Not to mention his teammate was Eric Reid ? Also I believe that while yes he made the plays that were eye popping to the general football public Reid and Morris Claiborne were better I mean at least to me. And I would like to know why you think Matthieu was better than Earl Thomas or Mark Barron unless I read your previous statement wrong?

from a shear playmaking standpoint, i believe he was the best in the last decade(Reed was the best ever). Whether it was causing a fumble, recovering and then returning it for a TD, returning a punt, a pick six…...he seemed to always be in the right position to make a play.

And although i beleive Sean T was the most impressive defensive prospect, period, of our generation, and had the single most impressive game i've ever witnessed a defensive player have(FSU at Doak), i think he didn't impact the entire season to the extent that Matthieu did. Having said that, if Sean had stayed for his senior year at Miami, he would have left college football as the greatest Safety ever.

Advertisement
Sean Taylor was the best safety ever. Mathieu wasn't even a safety..... He played a rover role all over the field. Reed wasn't better than Sean either. I've watched years of college football and I've never seen an athlete and football player like Taylor and no I'm not overrating him because he's dead. No one brought a physical presence like him from the safety position and that includes Reed.

Sean Taylor was the best safety ever. Mathieu wasn't even a safety..... He played a rover role all over the field. Reed wasn't better than Sean either. I've watched years of college football and I've never seen an athlete and football player like Taylor and no I'm not overrating him because he's dead. No one brought a physical presence like him from the safety position and that includes Reed.

This^^^

Thanks for the response Puncicane but I tend to agree with the statements above. Again maybe it's because he wa my favorite Cane of all-time ( like most mid-twenty year old canes), but I usually take offense to anyone putting a safety not named Reed or Polamalu ahead of Sean. I see your point though and I tend to agree that he is always in a positive position to make game changing plays ala Ed Reed, and usually makes them. I just for me can't put a rover ahead of Sean Taylor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back