Coaching Tim Harris Jr gone, back to UCF as OC

McCaffrey and that's about it.
The only one I could think of myself. I thought maybe D Henry and D Cook at one time. They both have the talent but even they are considered “older and with lots of mileage “ while both maybe 30. Possibly S Barkley if he goes on a ridiculous run.

Crazy how much the game has changed.

It also makes you wonder whose overinflated passing numbers should most certainty be left out of HOF contention when the dust settles on all of the QBs.

Advertisement
The only one I could think of myself. I thought maybe D Henry and D Cook at one time. They both have the talent but even they are considered “older and with lots of mileage “ while both maybe 30. Possibly S Barkley if he goes on a ridiculous run.

Crazy how much the game has changed.

It also makes you wonder whose overinflated passing numbers should most certainty be left out of HOF contention when the dust settles on all of the QBs.
Neither of them has the volume necessary in my eyes and both are on a downward trend now. Saquon ain't never gonna happen cause he's stuck with that duke trash at qb. Qb numbers are horribly padded thanks to all these rule changes. When a player has no concern about getting hurt since they can barely be touched anymore than what's the harm in standing in that pocket till the last possible second. Imagine Marino with these rules or Steve Young or Cunningham or even crazier air McNair. They'd all be flat out unstoppable.

McCaffrey and that's about it.
Yeah the thing about RB is it's all about longevity. You really can't just be a 6yr type of guy, and at RB that is just harder than at other positions. Like a guy like Todd Gurley, imo could absolutely have been considered on that path, but his knees died on him hella young. Crazy that he only played like 6 seasons!

AP and Frank Gore are locks imo. Lesean McCoy and Marshawn are possible as far as recent-ish. Roger Craig, Ricky Watters, and like Tiki Barber could out of the older guys but probably never will...

But yeah I agree as far as currently active guys, it's mainly CMC and then a big drop off before Derrick Henry... and thats about it... actually the one sneaky guy that I think could get in is Alvin Kamara. It's weird cause I assume he would have to be like the first RB in NFL history to be a HOFer without every rushing for 1k! lol. Complete opposite of Frank who was a 12 time (pretty much) 1k yard runner. But he actually rates ahead of Henry in a lot of stuff. He's been racking up pro bowls, he's only trailing CMC by like 500 yards from scrimmage, and 4 less TDs, and they entered league at same time. He also hasn't had the major Knee injury CMC has had. But he's also never started a full season. I think he has a shot, even if slim.

If Nick Chubb hasn't had 2 significant knee injuries, I'd absolutely have him higher than Henry too. But that's a lot to overcome when he needs like at least 4 more seasons to make a real case...

Word is people saw Donnell Bennett, Stephen McGuire, Danyell Ferguson, Al Shipman, James Stewart, Larry Jones, Nick Williams, Derrick Harris, Dyral McMillan, and Kevin Brinkworth in the Hecht waiting to interview for the RB job.
Bennett was a high school coach for a while. Not sure if he still is.

Advertisement
I think it was a work. Coach Harris was going to come to Miami for a year. Learn Mario's "secret sauce" for recruiting. Then go back to use what he learned against us!

I think it was a work. Coach Harris was going to come to Miami for a year. Learn Mario's "secret sauce" for recruiting. Then go back to use what he learned against us!
Secret sauce is no secret, it’s called work. No one, including his own staff will outwork Mario in this area. It’s who he is, relentless, tireless work ethic. Our HC is hands down the best recruiting HC in the country. The work ethic along with a natural ability to sell himself, his story, the program and connect makes him who he is.

Word is people saw Donnell Bennett, Stephen McGuire, Danyell Ferguson, Al Shipman, James Stewart, Larry Jones, Nick Williams, Derrick Harris, Dyral McMillan, and Kevin Brinkworth in the Hecht waiting to interview for the RB job.

Ain't complete until Realus George is on the list.

Advertisement
Secret sauce is no secret, it’s called work. No one, including his own staff will outwork Mario in this area. It’s who he is, relentless, tireless work ethic. Our HC is hands down the best recruiting HC in the country. The work ethic along with a natural ability to sell himself, his story, the program and connect makes him who he is.
Now if he could do the one thing that matters most...winning football games.

So, Malzahn is calling plays and now he has 3 "Co-OCs" that do nothing (plan, I guess) but get a pay raise from wherever they were at before.

Great use of resources up there in Orlando, for sure.

Advertisement
Yeah the thing about RB is it's all about longevity. You really can't just be a 6yr type of guy, and at RB that is just harder than at other positions. Like a guy like Todd Gurley, imo could absolutely have been considered on that path, but his knees died on him hella young. Crazy that he only played like 6 seasons!

AP and Frank Gore are locks imo. Lesean McCoy and Marshawn are possible as far as recent-ish. Roger Craig, Ricky Watters, and like Tiki Barber could out of the older guys but probably never will...

But yeah I agree as far as currently active guys, it's mainly CMC and then a big drop off before Derrick Henry... and thats about it... actually the one sneaky guy that I think could get in is Alvin Kamara. It's weird cause I assume he would have to be like the first RB in NFL history to be a HOFer without every rushing for 1k! lol. Complete opposite of Frank who was a 12 time (pretty much) 1k yard runner. But he actually rates ahead of Henry in a lot of stuff. He's been racking up pro bowls, he's only trailing CMC by like 500 yards from scrimmage, and 4 less TDs, and they entered league at same time. He also hasn't had the major Knee injury CMC has had. But he's also never started a full season. I think he has a shot, even if slim.

If Nick Chubb hasn't had 2 significant knee injuries, I'd absolutely have him higher than Henry too. But that's a lot to overcome when he needs like at least 4 more seasons to make a real case...
Isn’t this Chubb’s 3rd serious knee injury? It’s crazy that he’s come back and still been productive. He has 2 of the the worst I’ve seen (UGA then last season).

So, Malzahn is calling plays and now he has 3 "Co-OCs" that do nothing (plan, I guess) but get a pay raise from wherever they were at before.

Great use of resources up there in Orlando, for sure.

UCF is the 90 year old sugar daddy giving the platinum card to the 25 yo gf if all three are overpaid in their position role.

Who would be considered the best recruiter among them?

Advertisement
A running backs coach main priorities are teaching blocking technique and managing the load of the guys in his room
The End Reaction GIF by Freeform

Take back or give back?

Take back. Last year he gave up playcalling duties to Hinshaw but anyone that's familiar with Malzahn knows how that goes. I have no idea why the guy keeps flopping back and forth on this. Just call your own plays and either crash and burn or prove the naysayers wrong.

Advertisement
Back