Coaching Tim Harris Jr gone, back to UCF as OC

Advertisement
I'd be mildly surprised if it isn't Dennis Smith.
Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

Advertisement
Losing Riley was a gut punch but stealing Lyle from OSU was a good piece of recruiting.

I'd like to see Miami bring in an RB Coach who has experience working with OCs who use the swing & screen game out of the backfield because that was non-existent for us this year.

When was the last time we had a OC that did that effectively? Serious question I'm drawing a blank.
Chud.

What we desperately need is a QB coach. We need a veteran coach who knows X's and O's and who can come in and be a real asset coaching QBs and who also has a good offensive backround. I don't care how we do it. We can bring in a QB coach or we can hire a very experienced veteran coach who has an OC and QB background and give him a Associate Head Coach/Offense title or whatever. Just get some good offensive coaches in here to complement Dawson and to figure out what our identity will be and how to go about structuring everything offensively because Mario sure as heck can't do that and frankly neither can Dawson. We have the money. Just go do it or we will waste another year and Mario will misuse another QB.

Advertisement
That's strange somehow, he's certainly not going to call plays there. Is it really a promotion?

Could be a "mutual part of ways" in Mario's style but he was really that bad? I didn't think so.
Lol imagine going from RB coach to OC at another p5 school and idiots on here talking about “is it really a promotion?”
Even if he doesn’t call the plays he’s still got the title AND a raise! Dude will be a head coach somewhere soon.

Lol imagine going from RB coach to OC at another p5 school and idiots on here talking about “is it really a promotion?”
Even if he doesn’t call the plays he’s still got the title AND a raise! Dude will be a head coach somewhere soon.
Ok Tim Harris Jr, thanks for the clarification

I wrote that message when it wasn't clear what type of title he was going to have given that UCF had already two OC on staff, of course if it is OC title + raise is a promotion.

Because he’s the RB coach at UCF with a name tag that says OC.

I mean good for him, I wish him nothing but the best, and hope he got a raise.

But make no mistake he was brought back there for recruiting and his ties. Not for his offensive acuity.

If I give you the title of attorney at my law office but you’re not allowed to practice law here you’re not a practicing lawyer.

Advertisement
Always when a player of coach leaves, a handful of (whatever you want to call them) always vomit on the coach and/players.

Advertisement
I was ******* around being sarcastic in case Mario wants to experiment a spring without a running back coach.

My real Prediction is 33 days.
Gotcha. But wit Mario, you just never know. Personally, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it took that long.

What we desperately need is a QB coach. We need a veteran coach who knows X's and O's and who can come in and be a real asset coaching QBs and who also has a good offensive backround. I don't care how we do it. We can bring in a QB coach or we can hire a very experienced veteran coach who has an OC and QB background and give him an Associate Head Coach/Offense title or whatever. Just get some good offensive coaches in here to complement Dawson and to figure out what our identity will be and how to go about structuring everything offensively because Mario sure as heck can't do that and frankly neither can Dawson. We have the money. Just go do it or we will waste another year and Mario will misuse another QB.
It would be nice to have a proven commodity with QBs come in and just work on developing all of our guys.

I can’t remember the last time I saw one of our QBs look off a safety with skill and then throw a strike to the opposite side of the field. Or have actual presence in the pocket with the ability to allude rushes with his footwork inside the pocket. Have real confidence in pulling it down and taking off for easy first downs when the defense just gives you the middle of the field with no QB spy.

Dorsey is going to have to take a lower position on the coaching ladder to work himself back up, sadly. Buffalo still did nto do much without him....Only reason they were even in the position they were in is because of the massive rash of injuries the Dolphins had

He was already Associate HC/Co-oc/RB coach at UCF before coming to Miami. How is going back for OC without playcall/WR coach a promotion? There is a reason he got out of UCF and clearly he didn’t do anything to advance his career at Miami, so no I don’t see it has a promotion.

If you had 1000$ in your pocket, you lose 500$ one year and you win back 500$ the next year, are you 500$ richer or back to square one with your original 1000$?

Advertisement
Back