Coaching Tim Harris Jr gone, back to UCF as OC

Advertisement
@Memnon

Thoughts on Mike Jinks? Marquel Blackwell?
Marquel Blackwell is one of Willie Taggart's guys from back in the WKU days.

He has familiarity with Guidry, they were together at WKU & he was with Dawson at Houston.

The RB's at Ole Miss have been spectacular over the last 2 seasons, but that has more to do with HC/OC & Kevin Smith than anything.

I think he'd do well here, RB is a pretty easy sell for Miami & considering who our HC is I'm sure he takes specific & special interest in the position altogether.

Jinks is a Kingsbury AR disciple, so I highly highly doubt we'd even be interested in bringing him in.

Marquel Blackwell is one Willie Taggart's guys from back in the WKU days.

He has familiarity with Guidry, they were together at WKU & he was with Dawson at Houston.

The RB's at Ole Miss have been spectacular over the last 2 seasons, but that has more to do with HC/OC & Kevin Smith than anything.

I think he'd do well here, RB is a pretty easy sell for Miami & considering who our HC is I'm sure he takes specific & special interest in the position altogether.

Jinks is a Kingsbury AR disciple, so I highly highly doubt we'd even be interested in bringing him in.
im still wondering why the K smith stuff fell apart here?

David Lake reporting he will serve as the offensive coordinator for Malzahn.
So in other words, Tim gets a fancy title and no play calling responsibilities. Malzahn runs his system, being an OC under him is more a recruiting thing than anything. That said, it’s a step closer to being a HC, so there’s that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Walton was decent a bit more flashy than balanced and hard nosed like Homer was but neither were at McGahee or Gore status. The RB's now days are so soft. In 02 Willis had 282 carries for 1,753 yards ran over or around anyone but then again different era of football.. Man fck Will Allen and the fckeyes
You do realize that your comps are a future Hall of Famer and another that would be a Hall of Famer had injuries not derailed him. If you're expecting that level, you're never going to be happy. The other examples cited (Homer, Walton) ran hard. DeeJay Dallas also played pretty well. Plenty to complain about over the last 20 years, but I'm not sure RB play is even in the top 20.

Dennis Smith:

Prior to his time running the Hurricanes recruiting department, Smith served as the running back coach and special teams coordinator under Lance Guidry, who is now Miami’s defensive coordinator, for three seasons.

Smith is one of the best recruiters on the Hurricanes staff and has worked with the position group before at the FCS level. Putting Smith in a position where he could go out on the road and recruit as an on-field assistant could be very valuable as Miami looks to stack more elite recruiting classes.

Advertisement
Dennis Smith:

Prior to his time running the Hurricanes recruiting department, Smith served as the running back coach and special teams coordinator under Lance Guidry, who is now Miami’s defensive coordinator, for three seasons.

Smith is one of the best recruiters on the Hurricanes staff and has worked with the position group before at the FCS level. Putting Smith in a position where he could go out on the road and recruit as an on-field assistant could be very valuable as Miami looks to stack more elite recruiting classes.
family guy vomit GIF

Advertisement
Dennis Smith:

screams hes cheap bc hes on staff

Marquel Blackwell is one of Willie Taggart's guys from back in the WKU days.

Issue with Blackwelll is that he just took the USCe job

Advertisement
Back