Tim Burns????

Advertisement
He was just re-offered by FAU. Hopefully he'll find a spot close to home if that's what the family wants
Please tell me something bigger is in play with his Scholly opening up at CB or any other position.

guys this is simple - you guys don’t see the big picture

manny and Baker are basically drawing up a brand new defense. All safeties, no corners.

The U has also been an innovator in CFB, think of the 4-3 defense that maximized speed back in our heyday. Manny is bringing that innovative culture back to the U.

Advertisement
Who would be options to take his spot??
The only logical reason I can think of is they KNOW M. Brown is coming here & they think Covington is better than him.

Brown has a 5% chance of coming here though & Covington can't hold Tim's cleats.

The only logical reason I can think of is they KNOW M. Brown is coming here & they think Covington is better than him.

Brown has a 5% chance of coming here though & Covington can't hold Tim's cleats.
Still doesn't make sense. We need 3 corners.

The only thing that would make sense is grades. With ICs so tight, you can't risk one on a grade casualty, especially a position in desperate need of bodies. If it's not grades then i will never understand dropping a kid who's done it right throughout, is playing well on the field to justify his offer at a feeder school and wants to be here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The silence by guys like LCE and Cribby on this thread is DEAFENING 👀
Search GIF by memecandy

The only thing that would make sense is grades. With ICs so tight, you can't risk one on a grade casualty, especially a position in desperate need of bodies. If it's not grades then i will never understand dropping a kid who's done it right throughout, is playing well on the field to justify his offer at a feeder school and wants to be here.

Grades is a ****** excuse too. He’s been committed forever. Obviously the kid is responsible for grades, but if the staff wasn’t on top of that til now is a big time issue

Advertisement
Well ****. That's surprising. We better have some options on deck or this is a major ***** up. I can't understand why cb recruiting has been so bad. We gotta find a better recruiter for our cb coach. This is beyond bad. Manny should have made the move last offseason and hired a proven recruiter and coach for that position. Rumph is a decent coach but a horrible recruiter.
What about Miami’s corners is “decent” exactly?

Advertisement
Back