Tim Burns

Advertisement
Yeah I didn't think the Jacorey Hammett drop was to bad from MNW cuz he had other options lined up and his teammates were cool with it, but Burns is a good player at a position we severely lack.
Hammett wasnt gonna qualify burns our staff is idiotic idc who we land u dont turn this kid away a playmaker on defense who didn't flirt with other schools and can lock down guys but w.e this move ****es me off nothing we can do

Even then it makes no sense.

We have 6 CBs on roster. If Blades bails, it's 5. There's no reason to have such little depth in an era of football where teams see spread offenses on a weekly basis. Good CBs are hard to find.

IF somehow both those guys want in, i still keep Burns and look elsewhere for ICs.
We have 5 on the roster now. If Blades bails we need 2-3. 3 would be nice but if Blades stays I’m ok with 2.

Advertisement
Let it play out before losing your minds.

Were 6-1 and ranked top 10. Staff has pulled in a good class so far.
minus corners which is biggest hole on team lmao. Everyone on staff may be able to get benefit of doubt except Rumph. He has proven to be who we all claim him to be.

Advertisement
This guy has to get fired
You honestly think Rumph has any control of who we drop? Lol come one dude. This is Diazs decision. Anyone acting like it isn't is ******* stupid.

Now, regarding this decision to drop him, it just seems incredibly dumb. Diaz has been completely failing at a lot of things, and CB recruiting is one of them. We BETTER have MINIMUM 2 CBs locked up right now for this to make literally any sense. Even then dropping a kid this late from a big school isn't good.

Even if the staff feels confident about "bigger fish" (how can they POSSIBLY feel confident after all the "big fish" CBs who have spurned them over the last few years??)
- Burns plays at a position where next to nobody is giving them the time of day (locally or elsewhere) and he actually WANTS to come here anyway
- Burns plays at the ONE school (even above St. Thomas) in the "State of Miami" that we need to not be burning bridges at
- Burns showed up in the big games just this month, including against one of our prized WR commits from Palmetto
- We have 5 scholarship CBs and one of them is talking about leaving early (its idiotic to think but I'd say the same about numerous Canes who have left early the last few years) which would leave us with 4 (mediocre at best) CBs next year.
- There are ZERO other CBs committed. 5 CBs and currently 0 reinforcements coming.

They better have Deion and Revis and Richard Sherman forging birth certificates and shaving their facial hair as we speak or this don't make NO GAT**** SENSE, respectfully...

Advertisement
I know most of you guys are local and care more about the community than the university. With that said why is it ok for local kids to troll UM, string them along and disrespect them but it’s not ok for UM to be honest with a kid and let him know they don’t think he’s good enough to play here? At least they gave him some time to look.

Recruiting is a tough business. They felt they wanted to upgrade. Whether they’re right or not we won’t know for a while. Rumph is a terrible recruiter though so I’m sure this will blow up on him.

If it makes y’all feel better we’re in a good spot for Covington 😂 it might not make y’all feel better when y’all know who he’s talking to
So last year we drop Fleming for Worsham and now Burns for Covington. Cool, cool!!
suicide squad GIF

Advertisement
I think he's good enough to play here.

idk what made him a player they've recruited since he was basically in 8th grade, accepting a commitment from him, and all of a sudden he's just not good enough in November.
He simply didn’t grow but I’ve already went through that. I’m just trying wrap my mind around dropping somebody at a position where we literally have no replacement. I’m afraid to think too hard about it because I’m pretty sure I’ll lose some brain cells.

Only logical answer is we got bigger fish coming but unless the staff is doing work behind the scenes real quietly, this is perplexing.
At CB? No, sir. That's not a logical answer.

The logical answer is the staff thinks they have a bigger fish coming, but in reality they have misread the situation and played themselves (again).

Advertisement
Back