Tim Burns

Chewburka

Recruit
Banned
I just watched his tape. Kid looks legit, then I looks at his recruiting ranking and wonder how he only a 3 star. Am I missing something, he looks like a lockdown corner to me. He 5'10 so he plenty tall enough and he still has room to grow a few more inches.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's 5'10 150 lbs right now and those numbers are likely generous, that's a big reason why. He is a playmaker though. I'll take a three star Burns over a lot of guys
@Liberty City El said those are old numbers and the kid should be over 160 now. To be honest its not ideal to take a kid that small but he can play. Plus he shouldn't see the field the next 2 years. He can easily be 180 by then.

He is gonna ball here, ppl focus on the wrong things.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El said those are old numbers and the kid should be over 160 now. To be honest its not ideal to take a kid that small but he can play. Plus he shouldn't see the field the next 2 years. He can easily be 180 by then.

He is gonna ball here, ppl focus on the wrong things.
yep agreed... he has that dog that undersized mentality. How do you guys compare him to Couch?

He's a "don't overthink" type of player. Been a varsity level player since the 8th Grade. Tape is good. Not 5* good, but he's legit.

Wish we'd take McBurrows, too, tbh. Both are small, but have been so good for so long, they'll be good at the next level, too. How good? idk, but they'll contribute and could be starters by 3rd, 4th year.

Advertisement
He's a "don't overthink" type of player. Been a varsity level player since the 8th Grade. Tape is good. Not 5* good, but he's legit.

Wish we'd take McBurrows, too, tbh. Both are small, but have been so good for so long, they'll be good at the next level, too. How good? idk, but they'll contribute and could be starters by 3rd, 4th year.
These are the type of players I feel like we have been neglecting too much in our recent recruiting classes. We seem to either go after the elite guys or boom or bust project types. You need the Alphonso Marshall types to go with the Antrel Rolles.

This....

Advertisement
yep agreed... he has that dog that undersized mentality. How do you guys compare him to Couch?

Burns is more athletic --- although couch is one of our most athletic players as well but think about it this way -- burns is able to cover just as well as couch - couch is just longer and taller -- also once burns makes a INT he has the ability to turn into a rb and return it for a td

Wants Burns get bigger and get some coaching he will be able to handle some of those bigger WRs that he has a little trouble with now. But again a lot of that stuff is 7v7 football, which is completely different than when the pads come on.

Burns is more athletic --- although couch is one of our most athletic players as well but think about it this way -- burns is able to cover just as well as couch - couch is just longer and taller -- also once burns makes a INT he has the ability to turn into a rb and return it for a td
Gotcha burns more of a baller lol that’s good i wanna see him more of him this year.

1595699597254.png

Advertisement
Back