Tim Burns mom comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooklyn, thank you for your insights. I am sure you are even more frustrated than us fans. And those accountings of Manny shutting Rumph down on top targets is enraging.

I know you know that Rumph has a personality that doesn’t connect well. And not seeing his CBs turn their heads is an example that he is not the worlds’s best development coach, either. He’s certainly not blameless here.

But your main point is valid. Manny is the Al Golden who can’t give up control of the D, hires a nebbish yes-man with no power or imagination as his DC so he can “run” things himself, and then interferes in a bad way with his position coaches. At the end of the day it’s all on him.

I remember being frustrated with Barrow when he was our LB coach. But he was being stymied by the HC. I’m all in that there needs to be change at the top for the problem to get fixed. Manny has to let go. He has to hire a real DC and let that guy run his staff the way Lashlee runs his. That is ultimately the only way we fix this.

Advertisement
Brooklyn, thank you for your insights. I am sure you are even more frustrated than us fans. And those accountings of Manny shutting Rumph down on top targets is enraging.

I know you know that Rumph has a personality that doesn’t connect well. And not seeing his CBs turn their heads is an example that he is not the worlds’s best development coach, either. He’s certainly not blameless here.

But your main point is valid. Manny is the Al Golden who can’t give up control of the D, hires a nebbish yes-man with no power or imagination as his DC so he can “run” things himself, and then interferes in a bad way with his position coaches. At the end of the day it’s all on him.

I remember being frustrated with Barrow when he was our LB coach. But he was being stymied by the HC. I’m all in that there needs to be change at the top for the problem to get fixed. Manny has to let go. He has to hire a real DC and let that guy run his staff the way Lashlee runs his. That is ultimately the only way we fix this.
What’s his personality? And not turning your head around has nothing to do with lack of development. There are guys in the nfl who don’t turn their head. Raymond is considered the best DB coach and I have seen lsu DBs not do it

Mom is reacting to people who don't know doo doo trashing her son. Mom is going to do what a mom is going to do. Can't fault her for that.

If UM dropped him, I hope they got someone else lined up, because dropping a kid who might be able to help a weak spot dont make sense if you don't have someone lined up to take his spot.

Advertisement
No. It doesn't. You make a huge assumption that because his mother went to Facebook that there is somehow something on the other side. She already laid it out pointing out things that people have said about her son. I'm sure she's responding to social media and makes only one reference to the school/program. She's just a mother tired of the social media BS.
She's responding to Facebook trolls dude... That's what your putting weight behind??. C'mon man..... She laid out her version based on how she feels... It has no bearing at all as to why he was let go.. none at all... There's way more factors team wise at play ...

Advertisement
I don't believe we turned down Kelee Ringo. He's a five-star recruit at UGA. Kelee Ringo was paid one way or another.

This is way too farfetched.

Thats a Jason Marshall situation, at best. He'd commit, then UGA would drop a bag and then he'd say it was just a better fit. We all know that would have happened.

And I also LOL at "package deals." The package is coming from the school, not the players. They will individually go where their best deal is.

Such a suckers bet. Take both to get the 5 star, he bounces, and then you get stuck with Danny DeVito from Twins.

Miami fans are insane, it is not that hard. Kid wanted to be a cane, for whatever reason they dropped him. I personally think that it's a bad move on Miami's part. They aren't good enough to be doing this. Time will tell.

Advertisement
Rumph’s a bad recruiter but if this is true that we dropped him this late, I can’t see Rumph making that call. We’re probably better off waiting to see what comes of all this.

You are far too reasonable.

We need a board full of hot-take bullsh!te artists to blame this on "Rumph" and to tell us that the timing of this move coincides with having ABSOLUTELY NOBODY lined up to fill the slot.

After all, Savion Collins decommitted months ago when we took Maason Smith's commit, right?

IDK what went down with this but the fact is, while Manny likely made the decision, he has filled his recruiting staff with guys who are well connected locally. I would HOPE that they were all involved in examining the possible repercussions of this on important , local relationships.

One of the drawbacks in recruiting only the local kids, especially when you take multiple kids from the same school, is situations like this.

Ironically, the Canes just offered a 2023 WR from Northwestern who told Rivals UGA was his top school. Plans to commit after the season. I know it's 2023, but the point is the same. We shouldn't want to give the local pipeline schools any reason to encourage their kids elsewhere.
Kid might want to watch UGA’s QB play before committing to that graveyard for 5* receivers!

Understandable that momma is upset. Never seen the kid play, so will trust the opinion of those that have. Only thing will say is if coaches dropped a CB - a position of extreme need - from a strong Miami HS program, then they **** well better know what they're doing.

Advertisement
Do you know who made the decision? Rumph has mentioned that he aims for getting CBs of the same mold as him. Rumph has to give feedback to Baker and Manny on the temperature of the recruits that he's targeting this cycle. That feedback likely feeds into the evaluation further up the chain.

Stop acting like a moron.

"Do you know who made the decision?" Are you ******* serious? If Manny didn't sign-off on this, he would have called Burns' mama about 5 minutes later to smooth things over.

Yeah, Rumph did this all on his own. I honestly cannot believe some of the stupidity that I see on this thread.

Yeah, Rumph told Manny "Burns is no longer interested", and then Manny did nothing when Mama Bear Burns **** all over us on the interwebz. That's EXACTLY how it happened.

Oh my lord, "the temperature of the recruits". Manny was a DC, Manny is the HC, Manny tried to fire Rumph twice, but Rumph is a rogue assassin who is telling Manny to drop the ONLY cornerback commit that we have.

Makes sense. To a ******* moron.

IDK what went down with this but the fact is, while Manny likely made the decision, he has filled his recruiting staff with guys who are well connected locally. I would HOPE that they were all involved in examining the possible repercussions of this on important , local relationships.

One of the drawbacks in recruiting only the local kids, especially when you take multiple kids from the same school, is situations like this.

Ironically, the Canes just offered a 2023 WR from Northwestern who told Rivals UGA was his top school. Plans to commit after the season. I know it's 2023, but the point is the same. We shouldn't want to give the local pipeline schools any reason to encourage their kids elsewhere.

Like RVA Cane, you are making waaaaaay too much sense.

Yes, with all of the amazing non-coach recruiters that we have, who have filled 19 of 21 slots with SoFla kids, we SOMEHOW just ACCIDENTALLY blundered into ****ing off Miami Northwestern. And we are CLUELESS about it.

Good lord, this is just nuts. I'm sad to see Burns go, but I have confidence that this step was given careful consideration, and wasn't just some accident where Rumph deleted Burns' contact info from his phone.

Let’s say every defense of Rumph is 100% true then the question becomes: why does Rumph continue to put up with it? Why allow Richt and more to the point, Manuela to continually **** on him?

Here’s a guy, allegedly, making inroads with studs but not being allowed to recruit his targets. Why continue to sit and take it? Why not tell Manuela to go **** off and peace out? Why not jump to an SEC school, with his great eye and connections, and clean up? Why not go back to high school and make more of an impact on more kids that really need positive influences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back