Tim Burns mom comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTsapbk.gif

Ohhhh yeahhh, Big Mama needs some Paranos act right discipline training !

#BigThighsMakeBigLives

Go Canes

Advertisement
We have 2 of the best players in Florida committed here along with multiple other South Florida studs

How many times have we been saht on by local recruits and now all of a sudden we owe the community something?

We dropped a CB whos listed at 5'10, so probably 5'9 or 5'8 and listed at 145 pounds but just because he attends NW we have to take him? If this kid was from Jersey you'd be calling him a coal shoveler.

Saying all that they better hit on whatever they're thinking they can get
We’re in a precarious situation as the university. No one is happy about the double standard but it still exists.

And you don’t have to agree but yes, because he’s from MNW and he’s been loyal and it’s November this is a bad look.

Also beggars can’t be choosers, we’re not in the position to be dropping our only CB commit. I would have liked to keep him but my main gripes are more about the optics of the situation than the player himself.

Mandy and co prefer bigger corners who can’t run or cover because they think they might tackle better. Watch burns turn into another Asante smh
You’ve been impressed with Samuel’s play at FSU?

From what I’ve seen he’d be roasted on CIS if he was a Cane...

Advertisement
So the bottomline is nobody really knows anything of real substance, but this thread pulled out every agenda and or grudge posters have. Swell.
I think we as a fan base know CB play this year is substandard. I think we know that the CB room is very thin. I think we know we have zero true corner committed. I think we know that early signing day is a month away. I think we know that the crop of local corners is weak this year.

I think we as a fan base know CB play this year is substandard. I think we know that the CB room is very thin. I think we know we have zero true corner committed. I think we know that early signing day is a month away. I think we know that the crop of local corners is weak this year.

All that is true and I think you know exactly what he’s saying though...

All that is true and I think you know exactly what he’s saying though...
I don’t know what he is saying and I don’t know what I’m saying to be honest. I’m going to see who we end up signing and if it isn’t an upgrade then I will have some serious questions.

I think we have a fanbase that does not know ***** about what is truly going on in regards to Burns.

Advertisement
I don’t know what he is saying and I don’t know what I’m saying to be honest. I’m going to see who we end up signing and if it isn’t an upgrade then I will have some serious questions.
I think you’re saying we know a bunch of things that appear to be accurate but let’s wait and see how it plays out.

I think he’s saying: people are up in their anti-Rumph, anti-Manny, Miami did nephew wrong, or other assorted feelings that they are throwing into those things you are seeing to lead us to 3-4 threads on Tim Burns...

Advertisement
What a ridiculous take. As if Rumph made the decision himself, unilaterally, with no consultation.

Do you know who made the decision? Rumph has mentioned that he aims for getting CBs of the same mold as him. Rumph has to give feedback to Baker and Manny on the temperature of the recruits that he's targeting this cycle. That feedback likely feeds into the evaluation further up the chain.

All y'all hating on Manny, but he is only in the second year of head coaching. He actually coached a good game against NC State based on when and why to go for it. Probably took over defensive calls that game as well to win it(rumor).

Fired everyone you wanted fired on offense this off-season and brought in respectable coaches to replace them.

Brought in a REAL QB.

Lost his best player and clowns who shouldn't have declared for draft.

Is 6-1 meanwhile every other team not named Notre Dame has lost a game they shouldn't have.

Those bashing Manny because of this kid are the same ones who will be cheering for him like y'all did Butch.

Bunch of front running cucks.

Thanks for chiming in Mrs. Diaz!

All y'all hating on Manny, but he is only in the second year of head coaching. He actually coached a good game against NC State based on when and why to go for it. Probably took over defensive calls that game as well to win it(rumor).

Fired everyone you wanted fired on offense this off-season and brought in respectable coaches to replace them.

Brought in a REAL QB.

Lost his best player and clowns who shouldn't have declared for draft.

Is 6-1 meanwhile every other team not named Notre Dame has lost a game they shouldn't have.

Those bashing Manny because of this kid are the same ones who will be cheering for him like y'all did Butch.

Bunch of front running cucks.

If you take Clemson out of our schedule (which was a blow out loss), our schedule has been a joke and the 2nd half we've been scraping by against subpar competition. If we didn't have King, we'd look similar to what we did last year. There's no improvement that's noticeable other than our record and a clear upgrade at QB (from a transfer). What people want is for him to upgrade the defensive staff - Rumph and Patke haven't pulled their weight in terms of recruiting or on-field coaching. You can't point to one single CB (maybe Couch) that looks like they've improved significantly under Rumph. Baker is a Manny hire and he looks like he's in way over his head.

Advertisement
IDK what went down with this but the fact is, while Manny likely made the decision, he has filled his recruiting staff with guys who are well connected locally. I would HOPE that they were all involved in examining the possible repercussions of this on important , local relationships.

One of the drawbacks in recruiting only the local kids, especially when you take multiple kids from the same school, is situations like this.

Ironically, the Canes just offered a 2023 WR from Northwestern who told Rivals UGA was his top school. Plans to commit after the season. I know it's 2023, but the point is the same. We shouldn't want to give the local pipeline schools any reason to encourage their kids elsewhere.
Finally a level headed post about the situation.
We are not burning bridges over this young man. His family may be unhappy but something happened.

Was he an EE or just early signing?

If EE then he was not getting qualified to enroll at UM in Jan is the best GUESS here. UM is a top private school and getting in bc you play football is not a thing. Sure, the standards are a lot easier but you have to meet minimum qualifications. Common sense and Moms comment about FAMU lead me to that thought.
If that is the case, you can not blame any staff member and should respect them for hanging on so long believing the kid can make something happen.
SAT/ACT scores for a Jan enrollment are done or close to done if he missed a registration deadline.
Making up classes to graduate in Dec are done or close to done. FLVS has a 14 day (and some cases 21 day) seat time for a semester course. If he needed a year long class like english, math, or science. That window is closed. Look at a calendar! I mention FLVS bc their courses are NCAA Certified. Sure there may be other options but the NCAA takes time certifying those which again would make a Jan enrollment nearly impossible.
Also, academic issues does not always mean it kid is a bad student. Sometimes Guidance Counselors drop the ball. Families listen to the wrong folks. The old “they will make it happen” statements that just are not true anymore.

We can feel bad for a kid who is local, who was solid, who bleeds Green & Orange! I do! Nothing better than seeing a kids dream come true but come on.... something happened and id bet good money the staff is managing it with the “pipeline” kids.

Yes... disregard all of this IF he was a summer enrollee. He has/had to fix things if he was coming in Summer A or B. I know some of you follow far closer with the EEs and summer enrollees and will correct me quick! This scenario just makes the most sense to me.

Wish the young man the best.
Wish Momma the best as well.
Fans are brutal.
Buckle in, Momma!

I don't know why you can't see both sides .... I never said the school didn't let him go.. I'm sure they did ... All I'm saying is based on her taking it to Facebook shows me that there's more to it than just her side ... If mom got a big mouth then this more than likely isn't the first time she's opened it...
No. It doesn't. You make a huge assumption that because his mother went to Facebook that there is somehow something on the other side. She already laid it out pointing out things that people have said about her son. I'm sure she's responding to social media and makes only one reference to the school/program. She's just a mother tired of the social media BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back