Tim Burns mom comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that a blanket statement or did I reply to you without realizing? Saying mike isn't a good recruiter is something I'm not arguing at this point one way or the other. But it's the equivalent of me saying ur a telemarketer and ur not allowed to do cold calls. Nothing but a set script with a subscription base. Because otherwise youre judging a dude based on someone else's measurements. The kids y'all say are this and are that mandy literally handpicked. If Mike had his options he had one kid locked in who is easily the defensive freshman of the year so far in the sec and the other who was set to start at georgia as a true freshman before his injury... Those were mike's two targets and mandy wouldn't sign off on them due to them being out of state and being too high profile. Said it would be hard to justify the expense of recruiting them... That was out of Mandy's mouth. No one else's. Just think keele was locked in on wanting to come here and LOVED UM HISTORY AND EVEN LOVED RUMPH due to his role in our history. We didn't even offer him for almost two years when the kid took his own time and reached out to us. How the **** that works...is that on mike or is it on our defensive wizs from blue martini and the state senate? Reality for you is mike has become a scapegoat to the fans and the staff for various reasons. Staph because he turned down the dc job twice. Once with richt and again with Mandy. Y'all because blah blah blah seems to be the precedence.
You had replied to my post and I replied back. Not a big deal for me. I don’t call Rumph or Manny nasty names on here or personalize things like that. I’m not a miserable, hateful person, I appreciate what I do have. I don’t think Rumph’s recruiting is good but I have no doubt that Manny does what you say. You and I both upvoted a guy who criticized Rumph’s recruiting but said Manny’s making these calls, not Rumph. There’s no way Manny didn’t make this call.

I don’t think the coaching has been particularly good on that side of the ball and I think we need a new start, like on offense. That said, Manny is a defensive coach, so while he will turn the offense over to Enos or Lashlee, I think he hired Baker because he could still keep control. I also think that Manny allowing Baker to call plays or whatever he’s doing, is killing us. Either Manny coaches the defense or he turns it over to someone who knows wtf they’re doing.

Advertisement
So Manny is blocking his own coaches from improving the team? Is that what you’re saying or am I not understanding? What’s the logic behind this
He’s said in so many ways on here that Rumph doesn’t have leeway or make calls on who he recruits and, essentially, that It’s not fair to judge him outside of that context. This isn’t new.

Was that a blanket statement or did I reply to you without realizing? Saying mike isn't a good recruiter is something I'm not arguing at this point one way or the other. But it's the equivalent of me saying ur a telemarketer and ur not allowed to do cold calls. Nothing but a set script with a subscription base. Because otherwise youre judging a dude based on someone else's measurements. The kids y'all say are this and are that mandy literally handpicked. If Mike had his options he had one kid locked in who is easily the defensive freshman of the year so far in the sec and the other who was set to start at georgia as a true freshman before his injury... Those were mike's two targets and mandy wouldn't sign off on them due to them being out of state and being too high profile. Said it would be hard to justify the expense of recruiting them... That was out of Mandy's mouth. No one else's. Just think keele was locked in on wanting to come here and LOVED UM HISTORY AND EVEN LOVED RUMPH due to his role in our history. We didn't even offer him for almost two years when the kid took his own time and reached out to us. How the **** that works...is that on mike or is it on our defensive wizs from blue martini and the state senate? Reality for you is mike has become a scapegoat to the fans and the staff for various reasons. Staph because he turned down the dc job twice. Once with richt and again with Mandy. Y'all because blah blah blah seems to be the precedence.
Rumph turned down the dc job here twice?

He’s said in so many ways on here that Rumph doesn’t have leeway or make calls on who he recruits and, essentially, that It’s not fair to judge him outside of that context. This isn’t new.

If Rumph can't pick the kids he wants to recruit and can't recruit the kids that Manny wants. What's the point of having him on the staff? At this point Manny need to bring in someone that he trust and allow that person to do the job.

Advertisement
If Rumph can't pick the kids he wants to recruit and can't recruit the kids that Manny wants. What's the point of having him on the staff? At this point Manny need to bring in someone that he trust and allow that person to do the job.
Literally, all the way around including at DC if he’s not coaching it.

You have never seen my posts then. I hate Manny I think he is one of the worst coach’s in UM history. I eviscerate him on a weekly basis. He’s garbage and I can’t wait until he is gone.

“Chill out bro we’re 6-1 Manny is doing a great job” 😂😂😂

Advertisement
Luckily he landed all the AH kids he coached .... oh wait, nevermind.

Thank you for your service to the U but you are too deep in your feelings.

Or convince Manny/Baker to recruit the kids he wants. He clearly can't do that either.

What then....what more?

He's been a commit for a long time. He doesn't just get dropped out of the blue for no reason. Something is up. It's eiether we have someone else about to commit that's taken his spot or something happen on his side. Only time will tell.

Trust me fam, I talk to my coach and AD all the time it just doesnt happen there is no loyalty, I had students that hated Miami and Miami was their best offer and they came here. One of them is on the team now, dont get it twisted. Kids are 100% gonna always do whats best for them not to make some kind of statement. If anybody leaves they were going to leave anyway for a better option.
I’m curious who you’re referring to hating it here but still coming?

Advertisement
So Manny is blocking his own coaches from improving the team? Is that what you’re saying or am I not understanding? What’s the logic behind that?
If you were a ego maniac would you believe your blocking the coaches or would you believe first and foremost YOU know what your team needs?

Wait a minute. Are you telling me Mandy from 8th street wouldn’t sign off on recruiting Kelee Ringo? 5* Kelee Ringo? 6’2 200 pound Kelee Ringo?
THATS EXACTLY WHAT IM TELLING YALL AND I TOLD YALL THAT MORE THAN A YEAR AGO. Better yet what I'm telling you AGAIN is keele and elias both wanted to come here and play together cause they're best friends. Mandy wouldn't sign off on it and kept telling mike I need to evaluate their film first. Did that for more than a year. I had mike go see keele in arizona when he was going to see that corner (at juco in arizona) who was some linebackers kid if I remember right. Mike went to see him because keele school was right near the airport when he went to get his rental. Went into the ad office at his school and it was decked out everywhere with um posters. Keele had a rumph jersey on and we teleconferenced in elias. Those boys both wanted to come to um and play together. Naturally none of y'all will believe that but feel free to go with whatever works for y'all. This staph has done more dumbass**** than I care to recollect. But it's amazing on the defensive side of the ball in particular how many monsters we ****ed everything up with.

Rumph pullin in a 5 star from out of state? Yea im not believing that one wouldve ever happened. Thats like when dudes leavin the club tell you man she said she wouldve came home iwth me if she didnt have to be at work early in the mornin! I dont believe in ifs and buts, but I do believe that Rumph doesnt pick who they send him to recruit
You believe what you'd like Vern. But when you build relationships with kids and can't have the freedom of offering them. Then to back that up you can't even tell them anything solid other than were still evaluating for offers in your class(but turn around and hand out local offer after local offer) than what exactly is he supposed to do. He's handcuffed to a dip**** who knows next to nothing about the position he's supposedly evaluating. He has 5 scholarship kids in his entire room. That's just crazy

Advertisement
This is all very obviously Diazs fault. Us getting King and Lashley is really the only thing hiding the fact that the Unit Diaz has led for 5 years now is kinda trash. The best thing we got is DLine and Safeties, but the Safeties don't even really play well.. honestly the style of Defense Diaz uses fits Miami, but otherwise he hasn't actually been all that great here.

Hiring him as a first time HC was just dumb as ****. We should have thrown everything to get Cristobal.

This is all very obviously Diazs fault. Us getting King and Lashley is really the only thing hiding the fact that the Unit Diaz has led for 5 years now is kinda trash. The best thing we got is DLine and Safeties, but the Safeties don't even really play well.. honestly the style of Defense Diaz uses fits Miami, but otherwise he hasn't actually been all that great here.

Hiring him as a first time HC was just dumb as ****. We should have thrown everything to get Cristobal.

You were personally writing a check to secure Cristobal and pay his buyout, correct?

THATS EXACTLY WHAT IM TELLING YALL AND I TOLD YALL THAT MORE THAN A YEAR AGO. Better yet what I'm telling you AGAIN is keele and elias both wanted to come here and play together cause they're best friends. Mandy wouldn't sign off on it and kept telling mike I need to evaluate their film first. Did that for more than a year. I had mike go see keele in arizona when he was going to see that corner (at juco in arizona) who was some linebackers kid if I remember right. Mike went to see him because keele school was right near the airport when he went to get his rental. Went into the ad office at his school and it was decked out everywhere with um posters. Keele had a rumph jersey on and we teleconferenced in elias. Those boys both wanted to come to um and play together. Naturally none of y'all will believe that but feel free to go with whatever works for y'all. This staph has done more dumbass**** than I care to recollect. But it's amazing on the defensive side of the ball in particular how many monsters we ****ed everything up with.
I mean wtf

We TURNED DOWN Kelee Ringo?

I hate Manny Diaz. He's such a nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back