Tight End Impact This Season

astabooty

Redshirt Freshman
Last year Clive showed some serious potential. In his Freshman year Asante had us all excited about his future, and now Golden is praising his performances. We then have the additions of Sandland and Dobard.

1. Do you think the TE's will be a consistent threat this year?
  2. If so, how do you think that affects the rest of our offense?

Advertisement
I think that Coleys offense will be similar to the Patriots. We'll see 4/5 Wide outs on some plays and 2-3 TE's on others. He will try and keep the D off balance and exploit match-ups that favor our team.

If the TE's are consistent with their hands they can have big seasons and make the O very tough. At the end of the year Walford put up big numbers and so did our offense.

Not expecting anything of Cleveland. He's been a Greentree All-American the past two years, but hasn't done **** during the season.

I'm hoping he proves me wrong.

Beau, Clive and Dobard should ball out in Coleys system. Cleveland seems more like a run blocking option. Doesn't look natural catching the ball.

With the talent at WR and RB and a smart senior QB, IF the TEs emerge as a consistent unit making the hard clutch catches, it will be near impossible to contain this offense. Size and speed, combined with the talent and the offensive ideology (finding the mismatch) make our O's potential simply scary. If you sit down and really analyze what can be or just how prolific we can be it will blow your mind. We have the exact tools to be versatile and a nightmare for opposing coordinators. A few days to prep for this offense (when clicking) is not enough. Hope we see it all blossom on the field.

Advertisement
With the talent at WR and RB and a smart senior QB, IF the TEs emerge as a consistent unit making the hard clutch catches, it will be near impossible to contain this offense. Size and speed, combined with the talent and the offensive ideology (finding the mismatch) make our O's potential simply scary. If you sit down and really analyze what can be or just how prolific we can be it will blow your mind. We have the exact tools to be versatile and a nightmare for opposing coordinators. A few days to prep for this offense (when clicking) is not enough. Hope we see it all blossom on the field.

im ready to see this offense and stun everyone out there. LETS GO CANES:neonu::neonu:

Last edited:
What a nightmare for a defensive unit. Who are you going to guard in this offensive? Pick your poison, either way its deadly.

Walrlord, Sandmand and Cleveland. That's a good top 3.

O'Donnell also has the size to make an impact.

I think Dobard shirts this year due to the depth in front of him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back