Tiger Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
His new girl is tiny, like his Mom short. Appears to be easy going, good with kids, probably transforms at night when Tigers prowl lol.

Advertisement
Lol. She was always a bit too bony/pale for me, fine as **** but I much prefer them soccer coaches you flashed 1000%. SMDH at the poster who meh'd them cause too big.
Dude, all of them together probably just an appetizer for @Paranos.
LOL .... i agree. Elin didnt light me up either and Paranos would have the whole soccer team for a snack .

His new girl is tiny, like his Mom short. Appears to be easy going, good with kids, probably transforms at night when Tigers prowl lol.
if you watched the Masters... the girlfriend was standing behind Mom and Mom never spoke to her or looked at her.... Tigers Mom dont like her, that was plain to see. Besides, I think this girl is more a friend than anything else. the TV announcers didnt
even mention her..... she aint nothing special to Tiger.

I think Eldrick's got his mind right and focused on golf .... he wants Jack's record and he ain't thinkin about whores any more.

dont know if its true but supposedly Elin whacked Tiger's *** with a 6 iron and for that reason since then Tiger won't ever carry
a 6 iron in his bag and supposedly all the back problems and surgeries Tiger had was from the really bad beating she gave him.
when they got divorced she got over 100 million.

all that ****** poon Tiger got sure wasn't worth all that pain and that kinda money.... **** !

I’ve always felt that not all violence is bad. Tiger did the crime and momma made him do the time. She did herself proud. That said, it was nice that Tiger won — he served his time.

I’ve always felt that not all violence is bad. Tiger did the crime and momma made him do the time. She did herself proud. That said, it was nice that Tiger won — he served his time.
yep. youre right. funny thing about Tiger winning ... when the other golfers were being interviewed, most of em are happy
as **** he won. the smart golfers know when Tiger wins, there is more money to be made. even the scrubs barely making the
cut every week will make more money. Tiger is a money machine and thats a fact !

Advertisement
if you watched the Masters... the girlfriend was standing behind Mom and Mom never spoke to her or looked at her.... Tigers Mom dont like her, that was plain to see. Besides, I think this girl is more a friend than anything else. the TV announcers didnt
even mention her..... she aint nothing special to Tiger.

I think Eldrick's got his mind right and focused on golf .... he wants Jack's record and he ain't thinkin about whores any more.
My thoughts exactly on Mom's reaction. That cold shoulder was Siberian worthy! Kinda felt bad for her, the more she was ignored, the more she wrapped herself around Tiger's daughter who didn't look comfy with Abuela giving her the back as well.

Agree, he is Lazer focused. Playing for EVERYTHING him and Earl worked for, dreamed of way back where he started from.

His golf IQ is second to none today (Jack was the best from what I've heard) but what people forget is his will power and balls of steel. This dude trained AND was ACCEPTED by SEALS!! I've known a few and very rarely do they let you in at that level is all I'm saying.

He is a True American Hero fuuck cares who or what he pumps. People just like to pile on when the New Champ looks different and plays better than anything your old school got.

This attack is something WE of The U are very well acquainted with and it has fueled us beyond anyone's imagination!

My thoughts exactly on Mom's reaction. That cold shoulder was Siberian worthy! Kinda felt bad for her, the more she was ignored, the more she wrapped herself around Tiger's daughter who didn't look comfy with Abuela giving her the back as well.

Agree, he is Lazer focused. Playing for EVERYTHING him and Earl worked for, dreamed of way back where he started from.

His golf IQ is second to none today (Jack was the best from what I've heard) but what people forget is his will power and balls of steel. This dude trained AND was ACCEPTED by SEALS!! I've known a few and very rarely do they let you in at that level is all I'm saying.

He is a True American Hero fuuck cares who or what he pumps. People just like to pile on when the New Champ looks and plays better than anything your old school got.

This attack is something WE of The U are very well acquainted with and it has fueled us beyond anyone's imagination!

Jack was the GOAT.

Period.

As Tiger once said at a small luncheon honoring Nicklaus before the US Open a few years back, when asked what Jack meant as a legend of golf, he said: "it means that the rest of us are all fighting for second place."

Jack was the GOAT.

Period.

As Tiger once said at a small luncheon honoring Nicklaus before the US Open a few years back, when asked what Jack meant as a legend of golf, he said: "it means that the rest of us are all fighting for second place."
He was taught Sun Tzu early on, take it to the bank!

NEVER underestimate Your Enemy!

If Tiger breaks 18 will you change your mind?

Jack was the GOAT.

Period.

Was, yes. When all is said and done, Tiger will widely be considered the greatest golfer of all time.

Advertisement
He was taught Sun Tzu early on, take it to the bank!

NEVER underestimate Your Enemy!

If Tiger breaks 18 will you change your mind?

If you can make Jack 35 years old, give him titanium shafts, the spin adjusted balls, and access to the training and redesigned courses that emphasize power over technique and strategy …. and Tiger still wins more major tournaments? Sure. Then I'll rethink.

Was, yes. When all is said and done, Tiger will widely be considered the greatest golfer of all time.

Unlikely. But if so, it would be a travesty. (See my post above).

That being said, he's the most talented of his era. NO doubt.

If you can make Jack 35 years old, give him titanium shafts, the spin adjusted balls, and access to the training and redesigned courses that emphasize power over technique and strategy …. and Tiger still wins more major tournaments? Sure. Then I'll rethink.
But all of Tiger's competition have those same advantages as well. While there were some incredible players in Jack's area, the field at that time was nowhere near as deep as it is today. There are no less than 20 players on tour right now who are fully capable of winning at big events; in fact, they already have. So if Tiger pulls a few more wins going against this modern day field (which is much much deeper than when young Tiger was playing) there shouldn't even be a debate anymore. And I'm a huge Jack fan, BTW.

But all of Tiger's competition have those same advantages as well. While there were some incredible players in Jack's area, the field at that time was nowhere near as deep as it is today. There are no less than 20 players on tour right now who are fully capable of winning at big events; in fact, they already have. So if Tiger pulls a few more wins going against this modern day field (which is much much deeper than when young Tiger was playing) there shouldn't even be a debate anymore. And I'm a huge Jack fan, BTW.
I Love Tiger....and grew up loving Jack....but Jack played some RUTHLESS competition as well....
Palmer
Player
Trevino
Miller
Watson
Ballesteros
Floyd
Crenshaw...etc....Some Bad MoFos right there...

Advertisement

listen, you make all the good points that show how difficult it is to compare across eras, particularly when the changes and adaptations have been so dramatic in such a short period of time.

but I will say this:

the depth of the field in jack's day was just as strong. in fact, had a great conversation once with a great tour player about that from the jack era. he said the field was just as competitive, but the difference was/is actually at the tail. Yes, 20 players could win the Masters next year, but so could 20 players in 1969. The difference is not players 1-20 he said, it's players from 40 on up. There's more depth at the tail, not at the top. the top 20 today equals top 20 from yesterday, but at the tail? the depth is more evenly dispersed, and that has to do with the expansion of the game, particularly internationally, and the training and physical development that gives guys more chances to be good for longer periods of time.

his other point was that there was no way to use the power game of the modern era to stay at the top in the old days. the reason, for example, is that you never were going to be able to drive a par 4 at Baltusrol in 1975. Just wasn't happening. Now? in the simply "grip it and rip it era?" a bunch of guys can do it, and it's a game changer. it means you get a least one or two holes a round that takes your short game out. as you probably know, as a golfer, that's HUGE.

the last point he made, and it's ironic, is one of the big changes in the game, is actually putter technology. it's a big factor in how players play the greens and how they can control long puts. Put a steel single blade putter in the hands of a lot of the modern era players and you'd be amazed how many "three puts" would start showing up in the scorecards. again, it's the same for Tiger vs. Mickelson, I get that. but it's not the same for tiger vs. jack

his last point had to do with course design unrelated to the modern power game.

players today ***** and moan like **** if courses are too difficult and it makes the scoring too high. so you get thinner rough, and softer greens. not always, but as a general rule guys are much more cognizant of bad shots because of the media perception. it affects their brand, even if the course is the same for everyone. google it and you'll see. guys in the old days, just shut the **** up and played, and again, it was a great equalizer.

anyway, that's another point of view.

point is, there's no definitive answer, but my gut tells me: jack 1(a) and tiger 1(b)

beyond that, it's probably just as futile arguing which is the correct religion. (Episcopalian, but that's another story!) :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

listen, you make all the good points that show how difficult it is to compare across eras, particularly when the changes and adaptations have been so dramatic in such a short period of time.

but I will say this:

the depth of the field in jack's day was just as strong. in fact, had a great conversation once with a great tour player about that from the jack era. he said the field was just as competitive, but the difference was/is actually at the tail. Yes, 20 players could win the Masters next year, but so could 20 players in 1969. The difference is not players 1-20 he said, it's players from 40 on up. There's more depth at the tail, not at the top. the top 20 today equals top 20 from yesterday, and that has to do with the expansion of the game, particularly internationally.

his other point was that there was no way to use the power game of the modern era to stay at the top in the old days. the reason, for example, is that you never were going to be able to drive a par 4 at Baltusrol in 1975. Just wasn't happening. Now? in the simply "grip it and rip it era?" a bunch of guys can do it, and it's a game changer. it means you get a least one or two holes a round that takes your short game out. as you probably know, as a golfer, that's HUGE.

the last point he made, and it's ironic, is one of the big changes in the game, is actually putter technology. it's a big factor in how players play the greens and how they can control long puts. Put a steel single blade putter in the hands of a lot of the modern era players and you'd be amazed how many "three puts" would start showing up in the scorecards. again, it's the same for Tiger vs. Mickelson, I get that. but it's not the same for tiger vs. jack

his last point had to do with course design unrelated to the modern power game.

players today ***** and moan like **** if courses are too difficult and it makes the scoring too high. so you get thinner rough, and softer greens. not always, but as a general rule guys are much more cognizant of bad shots because of the media perception. it affects their brand, even if the course is the same for everyone. google it and you'll see. guys in the old days, just shut the **** up and played, and again, it was a great equalizer.

anyway, that's another point of view.

point is, there's no definitive answer, but my gut tells me: jack 1(a) and tiger 1(b)

beyond that, it's probably just as futile arguing which is the correct religion. (Episcopalian, but that's another story!) :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:
Wish I could upvote this 2,000X....Best worded post I've read on CIS in quite some time....

Have fun dealing with Gary Player and Ballesteros short game in Majors....Lol....
Player laughed at Bunkers...

Advertisement
All I know is,...2 Shots are ingrained in my Brain while growing up....
#1 Jacks 2 Iron at Pebble Beach
#2 his putt at the 75 Masters....I know Tiger has that and more..and they are also ingrained...but when your young..and witness Jack in his prime....Maannnn

U don't to like Tiger or what he does in his personal life. What u do have to do is respect his game. He is the GOAT. I don't care how many majors Nicholson won. When Tiger is winning he brings a whole new set of eyes to golf. The minority community watches when Tiger is winning. Golf needs Tiger.

I Love Tiger....and grew up loving Jack....but Jack played some RUTHLESS competition as well....
Palmer
Player
Trevino
Miller
Watson
Ballesteros
Floyd
Crenshaw...etc....Some Bad MoFos right there...
He unquestionably did. And that includes some of THE all time greats. But that era did not have anywhere near the sheer depth of talent that the current era does.

U don't to like Tiger or what he does in his personal life. What u do have to do is respect his game. He is the GOAT. I don't care how many majors Nicholson won. When Tiger is winning he brings a whole new set of eyes to golf. The minority community watches when Tiger is winning. Golf needs Tiger.
Lol at you dont care how many Nicholson??? Won.....your a tool....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back