TIFWIW Joe Brady

Upgrades all over the place............maybe it's a dream ??
Nbc Pinch Me GIF by Will & Grace

Advertisement
I told this story before but I’ll tell it again. Good friend of mine is linked in LSU, same dude that told the history of Frank Wilson who is his boy. What they don’t tell you about Brady is that he is a spread guru/genius who has worked as a spread concept consultant behind the scenes for the Big12 & NFL for some years.

When he got to LSU, he told the WRs that they would not play unless they had 10,000 recorded catches before the season. Them boys was catching footballs everywhere everyday until Fall camp and they all had 10k catches in the books. You can see a clear difference in the WRs between 18 &19. It’s not just about football concepts, it’s about working until you psychologically get to an outlier level.

Plus Deep tweeted this **** 2 days ago - we splackin.
Heard same thing and agree they caught everything even bad passes from burrow.

Raymond and UF compared to Brady and Miami (potentially) is like one MLB team signing an elite 8th inning guy, but we just got Max f^cking Scherzer... all gas, no breaks, max effort from pitch 1 to pitch 120, wants to embarrass you as quickly as possible.

(Yes I know Raymond is good but if he's a **** in this scenario, f^ck him...and he ain't nowhere near as impactful as Brady).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hope he can call plays and recruit

Him being able to recruit is IRRELEVANT and should have absolutely no weight to the decision on whether or not to hire him.

Our HC is already an ace recruiter, his strength is NOT X's and O's. As such, BOTH our coordinator's need to be X's and O's savants and not be burdened with recruiting. Indirectly he will be recruiting, by winning us games...and everyone knows winning has been the best recruiter in the United States for the last 50 years.

It seems as though some Brady detractors want it both ways; LSU success was because of talent, but he failed in the NFL and lack of talent is not a mitigating factor.

When he had talent at LSU, he was the architect of arguably the greatest offense of all time.

And for people worried about his lack of experience, he faced NFL defenses for a year and a half.

I think he'll be able to handle whatever the masterminds of the ACC have in store for him.

Im always torn about this. Was it Brady or was it the amazing QB and stud WRs? Obviously a mix, but we dont know to what extent. Burrow is great in the NFL and so are those WRs.

Advertisement
Why does everyone stress out over every coach recruiting? If he lives in a box and rarely sees daylight, I don't care, as long as he can get TVD 60 TDs like he did Burrow.
Far from freaking out. He's a take imo, just think we can do better.
He didn't call plays at LSU bruh.

Im always torn about this. Was it Brady or was it the amazing QB and stud WRs? Obviously a mix, but we dont know. Burrow is great in the NFL and so are those WRs.
agreed

the brady slurpers are trying to pretend that people (like me) are saying brady is bad. that's not the case

the truth is that we just don't know how good he is.

we're talking about spending $8m which is more than bama, clemson, and ohio state. They don't spend that kind of $$ on unknowns is my point. Brady could be great, but I wish we would go for a sure thing to establish dominance down here, not just hiring the "flashy name"

Joe Brady may not be a great recruiter, but Mario is. I'm sure they'll line up assistants for Joe who can recruit as well. The name alone will help recruit. Mario can walk in to any WR's room and tell them that they'll play with TVD and we're going to break the records set by Burrow and LSU, they'll be the next Chase, etc.

It seems as though some Brady detractors want it both ways; LSU success was because of talent, but he failed in the NFL and lack of talent is not a mitigating factor.

When he had talent at LSU, he was the architect of arguably the greatest offense of all time.

And for people worried about his lack of experience, he faced NFL defenses for a year and a half.

I think he'll be able to handle whatever the masterminds of the ACC have in store for him.
Yeah but the detractors fail to say that they had the same players the season before Brady and they were average at best....Burrow was a late round to undrafted free agent status who threw 16 tds...Brady comes in and it goes to 60 tds and over 76% completion pct...and all of a sudden is #1 overall pick...thats not a coincidence....and don't forget he was the 3rd string QB at the Suckeyes....

Brady leaves..guess what...yeah you know...Coach O is fired less than 2 years after that Natty.

Fvckin Bill Walsh could be our OC and some of you mopes would cry about it.....
Remind me of fans of the gator.

Stop with the BS

Advertisement
Him being able to recruit is IRRELEVANT and should have absolutely no weight to the decision on whether or not to hire him.

Our HC is already an ace recruiter, his strength is NOT X's and O's. As such, BOTH our coordinator's need to be X's and O's savants and not be burdened with recruiting. Indirectly he will be recruiting, by winning us games...and everyone knows winning has been the best recruiter in the United States for the last 50 years.
I don't think it's that important that he recruit. It was really in jest to people saying Sumlin didn't recruit (when he really did pretty well) and that he didn't call plays, when he did.

I don't think it's that important that he recruit. It was really in jest to people saying Sumlin didn't recruit (when he really did pretty well) and that he didn't call plays, when he did.

Fair enough. I personally don't want EITHER coordinator burdened with any sort of recruiting responsibility. I want BOTH of those nerds locked away in a dungeon scheming up plays and going over 47 trillion "what if" scenarios. You combine two guys like that with the promise of the type of players Mario should bring in....and it's the recipe for knocking Bama off the throne.

Advertisement
agreed

the brady slurpers are trying to pretend that people (like me) are saying brady is bad. that's not the case

the truth is that we just don't know how good he is.

we're talking about spending $8m which is more than bama, clemson, and ohio state. They don't spend that kind of $$ on unknowns is my point. Brady could be great, but I wish we would go for a sure thing to establish dominance down here, not just hiring the "flashy name"
Bingo! We have the money to swing for the fences and get a proven OC with play calling experience.
I've heard that Brady knows his stuff, so I'm definitely not against the hire, just thought we'd do better.

Bingo! We have the money to swing for the fences and get a proven OC with play calling experience.
I've heard that Brady knows his stuff, so I'm definitely not against the hire, just thought we'd do better.
yep

we're spending more money than bama and who do they have? bill o brien, a successful NFL head coach (terrible gm) lmao. why can't we get a masterful person in the craft and not take a risk?

why are we not going for the best OC in the country or even bigger than that? idk. I'm happy with whoever we get honestly I just hope we do our due diligence and go for the absolute best option because money is there and nothing is off the table. we don't have to rely on "miami ties" at this point

Fair enough. I personally don't want EITHER coordinator burdened with any sort of recruiting responsibility. I want BOTH of those nerds locked away in a dungeon scheming up plays and going over 47 trillion "what if" scenarios. You combine two guys like that with the promise of the type of players Mario should bring in....and it's the recipe for knocking Bama off the throne.
Agree! That's why Mario should keep ALL the recruiting dogs on our staff. I'm not against Brady, but some are getting their little panties in a wad thinking so. Just thought we'd do better going with someone more proven.

Advertisement
Back