Tears Tide Tears

I can’t wait for the scandals to surface about rampant cheating, impermissible benefits, paying players before it was allowed, players driving around in dodge chargers posting pics with wads of cash, etc. all under Saban’s watch. Hope he gets the ‘Ol Joe Paterno treatment. Vacating wins and all those titles. It’s coming and I’m here for it. He was ONLY great because he got to play by a different set of rules.

Advertisement
Disagree wait till that talent dips bruh give it 3-4 years they going to be starving for talent
Maybe my sarcasm was too subtle. Norvell is a clown who struck gold being an early adopter of Mel Tucker's portal strategy. It's unsustainable and I think it will be less than 3-4 years However, it will take that long for their moron fans to realize 2022-2023 was a fluke and not an indicator of ability.

Maybe my sarcasm was too subtle. Norvell is a clown who struck gold being an early adopter of Mel Tucker's portal strategy. It's unsustainable and I think it will be less than 3-4 years However, it will take that long for their moron fans to realize 2022-2023 was a fluke and not an indicator of ability.
He got lucky Saban retired very lucky now he’s getting guys that were buried on bamas roster. **** still isn’t sustainable. If Saban didn’t leave bruh they wouldn’t have a team next season

Advertisement
Alabama is done being the dominant force in CFB. They’ll still be a good program but you don’t lose an all time great HC and expect to keep rolling.

Coaches like Saban and Jimmy Johnson keep the entire program in check and on their toes. From the coaches to the boosters right down to the lawn guys lol. There’s a presence there even if he’s a thousand miles away. Saban was the definition of culture. Big brother was watching anything and everything football related. Not every coach has this mind state and need for perfection. It’s so much more than X’s and O’s.

You’ll slowly start seeing cracks form even if they make the playoff or make a deep run. Year by year there’ll be a drop off. And I think Deboer is a great coach but Saban was so much more than a X and O guy. He was a dictator that demanded greatness at all times or you moved on. Football was everything.

Bear Bryant retired in 1982 - 6 championships, last one in 79
Ray Perkins 83-86 4 years
Bill Curry 87-89 3 years
Gene Stallings 90-96 - 1 championship 92
Mike DuBose 97-00 4 years
Dennis Franchione 01-02
Mike Shula 03-06
Nick Saban 07-23 - 6 championships, last one in 2020

It's hard to replace a legend.

If you watch soccer/football and know of Manchester United and their coach retired after his last title in 2013. They won 13 titles in like 22 years or so of his tenure. Like a title less than every 2 years. They been trash since, not even close to sniffing a title. Alex Ferguson, everything you say about Saban. Its him. Cannot be replaced. These are like god like figures, no compromise, thugs menace, genius. And hate losing more than they love winning

Advertisement
Alabama is done being the dominant force in CFB. They’ll still be a good program but you don’t lose an all time great HC and expect to keep rolling.

Coaches like Saban and Jimmy Johnson keep the entire program in check and on their toes. From the coaches to the boosters right down to the lawn guys lol. There’s a presence there even if he’s a thousand miles away. Saban was the definition of culture. Big brother was watching anything and everything football related. Not every coach has this mind state and need for perfection. It’s so much more than X’s and O’s.

You’ll slowly start seeing cracks form even if they make the playoff or make a deep run. Year by year there’ll be a drop off. And I think Deboer is a great coach but Saban was so much more than a X and O guy. He was a dictator that demanded greatness at all times or you moved on. Football was everything.

I read his book he goes into detail about that. Basically saying the janitor to the office staff who sits at the front of the athletic building all had a role to play in making Bama great. Dude was a machine. We will never see another like him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Caleb Downs is such a monster safety. Tremendous loss. Man I wish we had any chance at this kid - would be such a game changer for this defense.

A loss? I didn’t even know this South Georgia player was even considering us, or did I miss something? Or are you referring to the fact that it’s a loss for Alabama? And my first sentence was about his original recruitment, which is what I thought you were referencing in your post.

A loss? I didn’t even know this South Georgia player was even considering us, or did I miss something? Or are you referring to the fact that it’s a loss for Alabama? And my first sentence was about his original recruitment, which is what I thought you were referencing in your post.
Think he means it’s a loss for Bama

If they don’t there NIL in order bama won’t do ****.

Advertisement
Back