Tears Tide Tears

Advertisement
Yeah, a group of us came to that same conclusion when the former Alabama Bag Game that usually manifested itself right at the end of recruiting season, when they'd suddenly come in and "swoop" top players other teams just 'knew' was theirs.

Saban may be around a couple more years - maybe try to catch one more National Championship - and THEN retire - going out on top.

If not, every year that goes by, his recruiting pool will start losing depth - we're seeing early evidence of that now. He's a good coach, but he's not that good! He can't compensate for losing all the top talent he previously wanted.
I think Bama wins the Ship this year, with Will Anderson on defense, but after that I see the talent diapering more

Of all the teams to complain. Yes tons of players were committed elsewhere and flipped to Bama. Why? Because Saban would fly in and offer a deal. Never got in trouble even when the recruits posted pictures of their new cars. Now all of a sudden Miami and others can do it legally while matching any offer Bama can throw at recruits it’s a bag game. Saban and his crew can go suck Gator Mac n Cheese Farts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Screenshot_20220716-095814_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220716-095846_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220716-100042_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220716-100117_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220716-100150_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
They're so shocked that Miami, who "hasn't won anything in forever" can all of the sudden make a huge jump in recruiting?

They literally did the exact same thing 15 years ago. Alabama hadn't won anything since 1992 before they hired Nick Saban in 2007. Before Saban, they were still recruiting OK. They were getting classes in the 12-15 range for the most part. All of the sudden Nick Saban steps in and his first class is the #3 class in the nation. They proceed to go on a 14 year run where they had the composite #1 class 9(!) times and were never lower than 5th.

I guess they've been good for so long, a lot of their fans forgot that they sucked for a majority of the 90's and 2000's but they were a complete afterthought for a long time. I remember when I lived in Orlando and UCF went to Tuscaloosa and beat them in only their fourth season as a D1 team. Coach Critobal is just following the game plan NIck Saban has used forever. If anyone should understand exactly what's happening in Miami, it should be Crimson Tide fans. Although we're not exactly dealing with the most intelligent crowd there.
Someone with a Twitter account should post this.

Maybe @TrumpyCane…this would be a great way to hit them with some extreme irony.

Advertisement
Back