Tears Tide Tears

Advertisement
You read these things and you're reminded just how out of touch EVERY fanbase is with reality. We make fun of FSU's brain dead fanbase....but in some ways Bama's fanbase is just as bad.

Acting like they've been a clean program during Saban's tenure is probably THE most delusional thing I've read on a message board in a while.

They're mad because everything that use to happen UNDER the table, now happens OVER the table. They're mad because the playing field is now level and the double standards and barriers that use to be in place to keep schools like Miami and Texas from returning to power have disappeared. They're mad because intelligent recruits would rather live in paradise (Miami) than a $hithole like Tuscaloosa.

Imagine that. My prediction, this is going to lead to the expediting of Saban's eventual retirement. Like every competitor who has had a long streak of dominance....he's a sore loser and he isn't going to adapt well to this new world where ALL of the traditional powers have a much better chance to compete. He'll cite health issues or whatever, and eventually fade off into oblivion....all the while cursing this new "NIL era" and blaming it on the "downfall" of college fooball.

In actuality, NIL is going to end up saving and stabilizing college football. Ol Nicky can go ***** himself with his self righteous hypocrisy.
Kind of like we view this as our last opportunity to win the ACC, Saban likely sees this year as the one to get his last championship and go out while on top. Should that happen, the aftermath will make the Mike Shula years look good.

Not just our NIL situation and our Coach and staff. But now you have UGA coming off an NC, A&M tossing around money, Texas going all in, LSU hiring Kelly, Riley at USC, OSU still being OSU. Lane at Ole Miss.

A lot more programs with some heavy hitters leading the way. Bama isnt going to fall off a cliff but all Dynasties end...the fact that theirs lasted this long is unreal. Well not really when you consider just how much of an advantage they had on 99% of the country in recruiting, staff, budget, and analysts.

Advertisement
U have to love everyone judging **** that happened under Danny Miaz and previous staph lol. Bama problem is not us, their problem is taking fire from multiple angles. It was all good and well to know only Ohio and UGA, sometimes Clemson were teams you seriously had threat from and yall can divy up the talent. It's another thing, when us, Tennesee, Texas even Louisville, LSU and others can come and snatch who you want and you end up with the 40th WR and looking at Juco players. Saban is a narcissist but like I said couple years of this and next offseason I predict you hear rumblings of him retiring.

Do they not realize the probable reason for all those flips was the bagman? How else do explain so many recruits quickly changing their minds at the end of a recruiting cycle?

I remember a recruit we wanted a year or two ago basically getting a phone call from UGA during the announcement. We all thought he was gonna be a Cane, but then picked UGA. The bag man called with a final offer at the last minute. That's how bama, UGA, clemson, and ohio state have been doing it for years.

I love the projection from these fanbases now!

Do they not realize the probable reason for all those flips was the bagman? How else do explain so many recruits quickly changing their minds at the end of a recruiting cycle?

I remember a recruit we wanted a year or two ago basically getting a phone call from UGA during the announcement. We all thought he was gonna be a Cane, but then picked UGA. The bag man called with a final offer at the last minute. That's how bama, UGA, clemson, and ohio state have been doing it for years.

I love the projection from these fanbases now!
Do they realize that? No, they’re dumb rednecks who wear pajama pants to Walmart at 2 in the afternoon.

Do they realize that? No, they’re dumb rednecks who wear pajama pants to Walmart at 2 in the afternoon.
Two sisters fighting over their brother at a Tuscaloosa Walmart (for those bammers talking stereotype shlt about us)

D4372A17-D962-457B-9E18-842BFFBE1437.gif

Advertisement
All the teams complaining about NIL money can keep complaining. I hope every recruit hears how "unfair" it is that Miami provides great NIL opportunities. Its so awful that at Miami players have access to interesting opportunities for professional development and are compensated in the process.

As if it's some sort of insult that a kid could play at Miami with other elite players and also materially change their families financial circumstances in a legal and open way.

They're so shocked that Miami, who "hasn't won anything in forever" can all of the sudden make a huge jump in recruiting?

They literally did the exact same thing 15 years ago. Alabama hadn't won anything since 1992 before they hired Nick Saban in 2007. Before Saban, they were still recruiting OK. They were getting classes in the 12-15 range for the most part. All of the sudden Nick Saban steps in and his first class is the #3 class in the nation. They proceed to go on a 14 year run where they had the composite #1 class 9(!) times and were never lower than 5th.

I guess they've been good for so long, a lot of their fans forgot that they sucked for a majority of the 90's and 2000's but they were a complete afterthought for a long time. I remember when I lived in Orlando and UCF went to Tuscaloosa and beat them in only their fourth season as a D1 team. Coach Critobal is just following the game plan NIck Saban has used forever. If anyone should understand exactly what's happening in Miami, it should be Crimson Tide fans. Although we're not exactly dealing with the most intelligent crowd there.

its just some annoying rival fans who have nothing else to worry about but the national media coverage has largely been great. just today I read a great article about our recruiting in SI

All the teams complaining about NIL money can keep complaining. I hope every recruit hears how "unfair" it is that Miami provides great NIL opportunities. Its so awful that at Miami players have access to interesting opportunities for professional development and are compensated in the process.

As if it's some sort of insult that a kid could play at Miami with other elite players and also materially change their families financial circumstances in a legal and open way.
Seriously. They are doing our advertisement. “Go to Miami and get paid. 🙄

Advertisement
U have to love everyone judging **** that happened under Danny Miaz and previous staph lol. Bama problem is not us, their problem is taking fire from multiple angles. It was all good and well to know only Ohio and UGA, sometimes Clemson were teams you seriously had threat from and yall can divy up the talent. It's another thing, when us, Tennesee, Texas even Louisville, LSU and others can come and snatch who you want and you end up with the 40th WR and looking at Juco players. Saban is a narcissist but like I said couple years of this and next offseason I predict you hear rumblings of him retiring.

Yeah, a group of us came to that same conclusion when the former Alabama Bag Game that usually manifested itself right at the end of recruiting season, when they'd suddenly come in and "swoop" top players other teams just 'knew' was theirs.

Saban may be around a couple more years - maybe try to catch one more National Championship - and THEN retire - going out on top.

If not, every year that goes by, his recruiting pool will start losing depth - we're seeing early evidence of that now. He's a good coach, but he's not that good! He can't compensate for losing all the top talent he previously wanted.

Advertisement
Lulz @ even up the playing field.

Finebaum was on a local radio show this morning. He flat out said "Nick Saban could not care less about the state of college football. He is concerned about other schools being on a level playing field as him in recruiting and trying to put a stop to it."
For real? Wow…

Advertisement
Back