Tidbits from The Opening

If Bama gets Arik Gilbert over Georgia I'm confident we get Darnell Washington.

If Georgia gets Gilbert I'm on the fence if we get Washington over Bama..

I think we're in Flowe's top 3 of Clemson Georgia Miami. This just goes back to how much we win this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I think we're in Flowe's top 3 of Clemson Georgia Miami. This just goes back to how much we win this year.

I live in Marietta and ran into Arik Gilbert. After speaking to him it would be a surprise if he goes to Alabama.

I think Washington has more interest in Bama than UGA. Bama wants him pretty badly.... UGA on some other guys now too.

Tennessee seems to be in it for Gilbert, too.

I agree with you about Flowe. Going to be tough .........
Marcus Fleming or Julian? Did you write that part OP or was it part of the article?

I meant Marcus. Sorry, I forget about Juilian.

Also, Ivins has added some comments to his article about Redding. Seems Robinson was still committed when Redding wanted in initially and Stubbs was working Worsham behind the scenes. Seems staff has decided they aren't getting Henderson, Bell-Jones, Odunze or Jalin Hyatt since they didn't make it to Paradise. That's how the spot opened up for Redding.....

Advertisement
I like Darnell Washington's top 5 and where he is taking his official visits according to this report. At worst, if we don't get him, we don't have to play against him in conference play. He is either coming to Miami or going to the SEC. I don't like the idea of defending this guy. Nightmare for Baker to prepare for.

I think Washington has more interest in Bama than UGA. Bama wants him pretty badly.... UGA on some other guys now too.

Tennessee seems to be in it for Gilbert, too.

I agree with you about Flowe. Going to be tough .........

I meant Marcus. Sorry, I forget about Juilian.

Also, Ivins has added some comments to his article about Redding. Seems Robinson was still committed when Redding wanted in initially and Stubbs was working Worsham behind the scenes. Seems staff has decided they aren't getting Henderson, Bell-Jones, Odunze or Jalin Hyatt since they didn't make it to Paradise. That's how the spot opened up for Redding.....

Good job by Stubbs. Robinson was taking visits while committed so if you’re looking we’re looking.

I like Darnell Washington's top 5 and where he is taking his official visits according to this report. At worst, if we don't get him, we don't have to play against him in conference play. He is either coming to Miami or going to the SEC. I don't like the idea of defending this guy. Nightmare for Baker to prepare for.
He’d probably be on Bamas roster when we play them if he goes there

Advertisement
Sounds like lots of recruiting of uncommitted guys by those already committed. Just read some notes from 247 guys at check in. the highlights:

-There were reports that South Carolina four-star offensive tackle commit Issiah Walker Jr. was shutting his recruitment down and not taking anymore visits. That is not the case though. Look for Walker to continue visiting other programs, and he noted the Sunshine State Big Three are the teams pushing the Gamecocks the most currently. Right now, the hometown Miami Hurricanes might be in the best position to flip Walker, who noted some disappointment with Florida misspelling his name on a recent graphic sent to him.

- New Florida linebacker commit Derek Wingo noted he is trying to flip five-star running back Demarkcus Bowman from Clemson and four-star safety Avantae Williams from Oregon. Wingo is rather confident the Gators can swipe Bowman from the Tigers. Bowman missed his flight to The Opening and now will not attend. (this was written by UF mod - Stampeni. Take with a grain of salt, IMO...)

-Leonard Manuel also no longer attending The Opening

_ Chanz Williams will be committing on July 20th. it seems the Hurricanes are making the most headway, especially with teammate Jalen Rivers already committed to UM. The 247Sports Crystal Ball started shifting towards Miami during check in on Sunday.

- Darnell Washington: Alabama has locked in an official visit for the nation’s top-ranked athlete. The Las Vegas (Nev.) Desert Pines wasn’t sure of the date when asked, but the Tide is definitely on the list of schools to receive one of the allotted trips. Miami seems to have made more of an impression in recent weeks, especially coming of the five-star athlete’s time in Coral Gables for Paradise Camp ahead of the Dead Period. An interesting note: Washington talked about taking several more unofficial visits to these programs on top of the officials. Darnell Washington said he plans to take all five of his official visits in the fall. No dates yet but he said for now, his five would be Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU and Miami.

-Mookie Cooper:
Last weekend in July, after the dead period: "I'll be on a visit that weekend. I'm not going to put [where it is] out though," Cooper stated. Wonder if it is Miami for their event? He told Rivals he was planning on getting down for a visit.

Flowe: Looks like Clemson has all their recruits on him. both Bresee and Fred Davis said they were working hard on him.

It will be interesting to see if Clemson or anyone else goes after Fleming. It looks like 5 * WR EJ Williams may end up at Bama, even though Clemson has all the CBs for him. He named Bama his leader. Clemson hasn't locked Henderson down yet, either.

Note on wingo he also thinks they will flip FSU QB commit and Chaney. So this confirms he’s an idiot

F8E69E8E-8CE6-49D2-B22E-5A4166A5D77D.png

Advertisement
Bowman had the chance to commit to the gaytors & was probably a gaytor lean at one point. But he STILL didn't commit to them.

He has a good shot at being a day 1 starter on a team making a title run, with a QB opposing defenses will never stack the box against. Or he can play behind a terrible O-line, with a sketch QB, on a team whose players literally **** their pants.

Tough choice..

Advertisement
Back