Tickets or No tickets???

Haaha that's a solid graphic. I'm not overly optimistic. Just never going to let my anger for a current situation outweigh my love and support for the program.

Unconditional love doesn't mean unconditional support. Extreme case, but would you still support the program if it covered up for a child molester?

When one's child has a drug addiction or beats their wife, one still may love them unconditionally, but you don't support their actions. You intervene to stop the bad behavior and present an alternative way forward that is more productive.

When a football program has lost it's way, is being held hostage by a selfish, narcissistic, nepotist, and no longer cares about winning, fans who continue to buy tickets are not "supporting the program", they are enabling.

It's time for an intervention, Canes fam.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, I locked in early on that 12 month plan. I wish I had waited.

I warned y'all about that. Call and ask if you can still cancel. Worst case, calling or emailing to ask will let them know there is one more data point/customer who is not happy.

Unconditional love doesn't mean unconditional support. Extreme case, but would you still support the program if it covered up for a child molester?

When one's child has a drug addiction or beats their wife, one still may love them unconditionally, but you don't support their actions. You intervene to stop the bad behavior and present an alternative way forward that is more productive.

When a football program has lost it's way, is being held hostage by a selfish, narcissistic, nepotist, and no longer cares about winning, fans who continue to buy tickets are not "supporting the program", they are enabling.

It's time for an intervention, Canes fam.

I realize you said "extreme case", but you're even mentioning a 7-5 season coming off the first NY6 game in 15 years in the same breath as child molestation? Jesus Christ. Yes....if it came out that Blake James was ******* kids in the showers, I would not support the program until he was gone and every person who could've possibly have been involved was gone. But a stretch is 1 thing, you just Evel Knievel'd over the **** Grand Canyon.

I realize you said "extreme case", but you're even mentioning a 7-5 season coming off the first NY6 game in 15 years in the same breath as child molestation? Jesus Christ. Yes....if it came out that Blake James was ******* kids in the showers, I would not support the program until he was gone and every person who could've possibly have been involved was gone. But a stretch is 1 thing, you just Evel Knievel'd over the **** Grand Canyon.

Your words: Just never going to let my anger for a current situation outweigh my love and support for the program.

To start from that position of "never" and make any progress, we have to start from an extreme position. When working with someone who speaks in such absolutes, it can be a challenge to find meaningful common ground. Dialogue can only begin once some common ground has been established.

So, based on your response, can we move you from your previous position of "never going to let my anger for a current situation outweigh my love and support for the program"? Based on your QP, it sounds like we've made some progress in coming closer together, doesn't it?

Smh...I think he made a valid point. The administration has shown time and time again that they will do nothing until donations/attendance starts taking a big hit.

Advertisement
I'm going back to regular FL license plate when my UM plate expire. #Whateverittakes

Solid plan, bro.

Those plates could expire in 2027, Richt will still be saying his plays from 1988 are still good plays and the players just need to execute.

Your words: Just never going to let my anger for a current situation outweigh my love and support for the program.

To start from that position of "never" and make any progress, we have to start from an extreme position. When working with someone who speaks in such absolutes, it can be a challenge to find meaningful common ground. Dialogue can only begin once some common ground has been established.

So, based on your response, can we move you from your previous position of "never going to let my anger for a current situation outweigh my love and support for the program"? Based on your QP, it sounds like we've made some progress in coming closer together, doesn't it?

OK, you win. Unless the University of Miami football program becomes a unified tribe of pederasts, I will never waver in my support.

buying tickets is not the end-all/be-all of support for your team.... I see it like g8rh8... don't enable them to think we are OK with being mid pack ACC team.....

Advertisement
So, which is it? The administration doesn't care about winning or the administration cares so much, that not renewing tickets will force their hands? Let's put it this way, it took 4 years of empty stadiums under Shannon and another 5 under Golden before they actually spent money on a coach. A one year dip in ticket sales will mean nothing.

So, which is it? The administration doesn't care about winning or the administration cares so much, that not renewing tickets will force their hands? Let's put it this way, it took 4 years of empty stadiums under Shannon and another 5 under Golden before they actually spent money on a coach. A one year dip in ticket sales will mean nothing.

It's both. The administration does not care about winning as long as they are bringing in a ton of money.

Not renewing tickets/donations = less money = forcing their hands

A one year dip could cost them millions of dollars. My 2 tickets and parking pass are just over 1000$, I'm a nobody to them. But when a few thousand nobodies don't renew, they will feel it. You have to think big time donors will pull back too.

I do, however, think Richt is going to make changes after the bowl game. Maybe I'm naive, but I think we will see a minimum of 2 changes on the offensive side of the ball.

OK, you win. Unless the University of Miami football program becomes a unified tribe of pederasts, I will never waver in my support.

A puppy torture and murder ring in the coaching offices wouldn't do it?

How about 0-12 for four years in a row, with the head coach telling the fans to shut up, winning is not important, blaming the players for everything?

Feel superior all you want for "never wavering in your support", but there are plenty of us who have loved this football team since before we can remember anything else, who want just one more taste of success to enjoy with their father before the cancer takes him, who want their child to grow up in a world that knows the program as more than a laughingstock run by an egotistical dinosaur. Loving the team doesn't mean continuing to funnel your money to those who disrespect you.

Buying tickets right now only continues to empower the people responsible for the demise of what you say you love and support. I'm glad we could at least get you on board with not supporting the unified tribe of pederasts thing though. That's a lot of progress for today. Let's talk again soon.

You're right, to an extent. On the other hand, it will definitely embarrass them. Also, now that we (and the nation) has seen that the narrative that Miami fans just don't care about UM football, that the off-campus stadium is crap and will never fill up, etc, is complete bullcrap, I think it will be different this time. UM almost sold out of season tickets this year. Savannah State had a really nice show out.

If, after the VT and ND games last year, and FSU this year, the TV cameras are constantly showing half empty stands all of a sudden, it's going to feel different than after we just moved to the stadium and hadn't proven yet that we could fill the place and make it rock.

Advertisement
I warned y'all about that. Call and ask if you can still cancel. Worst case, calling or emailing to ask will let them know there is one more data point/customer who is not happy.
I emailed my rep before the Pitt game and she said I can stop payments but the balance would be a future credit on my account, lulz. Although the director of premium client experience, whom I've dealt with many times came in my suite at the Pitt game. He agreed about the offense and understood my position, he said he'd take care of me with whatever I decide. It definitely isn't looking like any changes are happening and even if so, won't be great. I'm sure I'll be calling him after the bowl game and before the next payment. Such a shame because I was 100% planning on being at the UF game to kick off next season but no way I'll submit my psyche and wallet to that mess. Spent thousands going to Dallas, damnit mane.

I notified them already that I am not renewing any of ours, plus not making the donations I pledged for 2019. I drank too much koolaid last year and made the mistake starting to give again.

Advertisement
I went to 2 home games in 2018. Will likely continue doing that until we have a season with 2 or fewer losses, something Miami hasn't mustered in FIFTEEN GOD **** ***CIN YEARS

You're right, to an extent. On the other hand, it will definitely embarrass them. Also, now that we (and the nation) has seen that the narrative that Miami fans just don't care about UM football, that the off-campus stadium is crap and will never fill up, etc, is complete bullcrap, I think it will be different this time. UM almost sold out of season tickets this year. Savannah State had a really nice show out.

If, after the VT and ND games last year, and FSU this year, the TV cameras are constantly showing half empty stands all of a sudden, it's going to feel different than after we just moved to the stadium and hadn't proven yet that we could fill the place and make it rock.

You're right. The athletic department has gotten a taste of the good life and I don't think they're going to willingly go back to settling for half empty stadiums. While Blake James is often considered a bumbling doofus by the fanbase, he's not nearly stupid enough to believe that they will continue to average 55k+ fans if the team settles into a 7-8 win rut. Which takes me back to my original statement. Either the athletic department cares about winning (in which case, they will make drastic changes if attendance drops) or they don't (they'll be just as happy having 35-40k people show up to home games),

You're right. The athletic department has gotten a taste of the good life and I don't think they're going to willingly go back to settling for half empty stadiums. While Blake James is often considered a bumbling doofus by the fanbase, he's not nearly stupid enough to believe that they will continue to average 55k+ fans if the team settles into a 7-8 win rut. Which takes me back to my original statement. Either the athletic department cares about winning (in which case, they will make drastic changes if attendance drops) or they don't (they'll be just as happy having 35-40k people show up to home games),

Got ya, now I see what you're doing. Yeah, you're right. It's just a shame, I guess, that the admin/AD doesn't see the failure on the field and address it before things reach catastrophe level. They should have been addressing this situation on the bus ride back to campus following the Pitt game, not hearing from Blake in the newspaper 3 weeks later that Richt won't answer his phone calls and Blake wants to sit down with him at some point if Richt can find the time to talk to his boss and Blake has no specific agenda for how that meeting will go.

Advertisement
Back