Thursday practice observations and standouts

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

I’m traveling this week, but Peter Ariz is still holding it down at Greentree. He provided his thoughts from Thursday’s practice on the CanesInSight Daily Podcast:

On Kaleb Spencer: We've talked about his potential as a safety/linebacker. He was working with the linebackers today. As a blitzer, I love his potential. You see his length, his agility for his size and his physicality.

On Adarius Hayes: I mentioned him on Tuesday as someone just towered over a lot of...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Appreciate the reports as always but a few too many:

Break Pause GIF by femtec alumnae e.v.

Third time’s the charm? Let’s try this again!

@DMoney My question from last week:
How is Jacolby George doing? Is he consistent? How is his maturity? Is he mentoring the younger guys?
Go to Hoya’s thread with today’s post practiSe interviews. Mario addresses it and also Jacolby is interviewed and addresses it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A bigger deal should have been made about securing Lofton's services. Anytime you can get the #1 player out of a state, you should take note.

It's up to Dawson to figure out ways to use him properly. He can be an Aaron Hernandez type player (without the jerking off in team meetings and murdering people part).

This **** has to end

Come on Mario, we legit have 4 and 5 star OL everywhere now and Mario can’t get past the nepotism

Legit if I see Lou out there in anything but garbage time this year…

He started vs Rutgers, so I get the frustration. But I don't have any issue with making Samson, Kinsler, or one of the other OG candidates earn and win the spot by beating the guy ahead of him on the depth chart during practice.

He started vs Rutgers, so I get the frustration. But I don't have any issue with making Samson, Kinsler, or one of the other OG candidates earn and win the spot by beating the guy ahead of him on the depth chart during practice.
It's also quite possible that Lu is being used solely as a ploy to get Samson, Kinsler et al to raise their effort.

Advertisement

I’m traveling this week, but Peter Ariz is still holding it down at Greentree. He provided his thoughts from Thursday’s practice on the CanesInSight Daily Podcast:

On Kaleb Spencer: We've talked about his potential as a safety/linebacker. He was working with the linebackers today. As a blitzer, I love his potential. You see his length, his agility for his size and his physicality.

On Adarius Hayes: I mentioned him on Tuesday as someone just towered over a lot of the linebackers in that room, even as the room gets longer and bigger. He had had a one-on-one rep today and you hear the thump with him. The linebacker position is not the easiest to pick up right away, but at the very least he has the potential to be a monster on special teams right away.

On standouts from the WR/TE v. DB one-on-ones: TE Riley Williams had a nice corner route in the end zone over Jaden Harris. Emory Williams hit Ray Ray Joseph in the back of the end zone on another corner route.

In goal-line work, Jadais Richard had a couple nice reps on Ny Carr and Jacoby George just using a sheer size and length. Physicality is going to be the name of the game with him and he has speed. From what I’ve heard, the biggest thing with him is learning how to cover without grabbing. But Ny Carr and Jacoby George are the type of guys that you expect to be able to create separation against a bigger corner. And he did a very good job in a couple of reps against them today.

Put the kitchen mitts on Richard. That will teach him.

Advertisement
... but, for the record, I think you are right that is the staff's objective. Hearing Mirabal say Samson is "close" to being a guy they can trust all but confirms it.

Advertisement
Back