Throw the bank at Arnett!

Irrespective of us, I'm not so sure LSU is a super attractive destination to go as a coordinator right now unless you're just looking for a payday and are willing to be scapegoated in short order.

Advertisement
just pass me the bags ill scoop
Million Dollar Man Laugh GIF

Freeman is a good DC, but born and raised in Ohio, and Cincy has only 3 players on the roster from Florida (none from S Fl). He likely isn't tied into the S Fl recruiting scene, especially coming from a G5 in Ohio. So recruiting would be a big question mark. And as impressive as Cincys numbers were, the only P5 they played was UGA, and they were giving up 7+ yards per play. Our experience with Blake Baker has taught me to be wary of hotshot G5 DCs.

Arnett would be coming from a SEC school and all those programs (except for Vandy probably) have tentacles all over Florida. I'd much rather land Arnett than Freeman because I don't think we would have to worry as much about the ability to recruit S Fl.

Can’t argue with that. But I personally don’t believe he would’ve had trouble landing kids. He’s young and energetic and his style looks fun to play in. I’m all aboard the Arnett train though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back