Throw Back: Duke Johnson vs Dallas Crawford/Sammy Watkins

Advertisement
Duke was special. I hate that he (and others) wasted their talents under Golden. That being said, he's a top 10 Cane IMO.

Top 10 Cane, what does that mean?

Nice field level footage by Charles Fishbein's website, ESS. There was certainly some talent on the field that day.

Duke was a great athlete even at db... Great player but top ten is a little much because he didn't have that special game. Granted Golden never gave us the opportunity to have one.

Duke is the one bright spot in the last 10 years. He will always be under appreciated for playing in the Golden era.

Advertisement
Bernie Kosar
Vinny T
Irvin
Jerome Brown
Dan Morgan
Devin Hester
Edge James
Ed Reed
Sean Taylor
Ray Lewis
Clinton Portis
Warren Sapp
Bennie Blades
Santana Moss
Reggie Wayne
Cortez Kennedy
Bryant McKinney
Vince Wilfork
Jim Kelly
Andre Johnson
Jeremy Shockey

Duke was great and came to Miami when nobody else wanted to. But he cracks the top 30 but not the top 10 canes. If you want to do stats then Crown Leonard Hankerson as the best Miami WR of all time.

Duke is the one bright spot in the last 10 years. He will always be under appreciated for playing in the Golden era.

Hope you mean 2006-Present, because Devin Hester was here in 2005 lol. Also, nah, there is ALOT of talent that was good in college since 2006 still.

C.Campbell
Lamar Miller
Jimmy Graham
Greg Olsen
Brandon Linder
Ereck Flowers
Allen Bailey
Olivier Vernon
Jon Beason
Sean Spence
The President
Kenny Phillips

All of them had a huge career here for 2+ years, exception Graham ofcourse.

Why isn't Crawford playing safety? That's where he is ELITE.

He played QB/RB/SS/FS/WR in that game. He just couldn't make much plays on Duke Johnson, and Keith Brown at LB helped limit some of his plays offensively. Think we(Norland) won that game 44-28...wow, can't believe i still remember the score lol

Advertisement

Hope you mean 2006-Present, because Devin Hester was here in 2005 lol. Also, nah, there is ALOT of talent that was good in college since 2006 still.

C.Campbell
Lamar Miller
Jimmy Graham
Greg Olsen
Brandon Linder
Ereck Flowers
Allen Bailey
Olivier Vernon
Jon Beason
Sean Spence
The President
Kenny Phillips

All of them had a huge career here for 2+ years, exception Graham ofcourse.

Duke had a far greater impact. And 2006 was 10 years ago. Duke was cursed with horrible coaching. I'm not saying there wasn't talent, but in the past ten years he had the biggest impact. I mean no one ever has more rushing yards than him. And he did that on golden coached teams.

Bernie Kosar
Vinny T
Irvin
Jerome Brown
Dan Morgan
Devin Hester
Edge James
Ed Reed
Sean Taylor
Ray Lewis
Clinton Portis
Warren Sapp
Bennie Blades
Santana Moss
Reggie Wayne
Cortez Kennedy
Bryant McKinney
Vince Wilfork
Jim Kelly
Andre Johnson
Jeremy Shockey

Duke was great and came to Miami when nobody else wanted to. But he cracks the top 30 but not the top 10 canes. If you want to do stats then Crown Leonard Hankerson as the best Miami WR of all time.

Melvin Bratton
Al Blades
Ken Dorsey
Randall Hill

Melvin Bratton and Leonard Conley are my 2 favorite canes of all time but I did not know if people would remember them.

Advertisement
I don't know If im old or wise enough to say if duke is top 10. But he is one of the best canes ever, for me. Duke didn't get the pleasure of being coached as well as some of the other greats but as a high profile athlete in today's game he could've chosen any school he wanted and he chose the U and represented It well on and off the field. With the odds stacked against him he's still one of the best backs, statistically, to play here.

Bernie Kosar
Vinny T
Irvin
Jerome Brown
Dan Morgan
Devin Hester
Edge James
Ed Reed
Sean Taylor
Ray Lewis
Clinton Portis
Warren Sapp
Bennie Blades
Santana Moss
Reggie Wayne
Cortez Kennedy
Bryant McKinney
Vince Wilfork
Jim Kelly
Andre Johnson
Jeremy Shockey

Melvin Bratton
Al Blades
Ken Dorsey
Randall Hill

Still no Ted Hendricks? There's also a number of linebackers missing from that list.

Good player, but I still waiting to hear Sabetta explain his top 10 Cane of all-time comment.

Advertisement
Trying to do a top 10 canes list if virtually impossible. But some how some way Duke has to be on it. If ppl thought that our records were bad with him. Without him those teams couldn't have won more than 3 games.

As far as running backs go I'd take Edge, Clinton, Willis, Duke. He's a great running back and top 4 here is amazing.

Advertisement
Back