Three headed monster

Advertisement
My hope is that for his senior year Choc balls out and is a new age version of Najeh Davenport. Najeh is the forgotten stud from the early 2000's he was a bad man at FB.

The girls hamper doesn't forget the gift he left her.

Im happy for the dude no doubt but I can't imagine he is getting meaningful carries outside of short yardage situations. Homer and DJ are going to be lethal. Should Gray carry the ball before those 2? Hopefully we beat teams more handily and we are a better 3rd down team so there are more mop up carries to go around. Pound teams with a 240lb back in the 4th quarter up 3-4 TDs
I think his role will be much bigger than that based on what the coaching staff is saying about him but let's say for the sake of argument what you are saying is true.
There were many instances in which we could not pick up 3rd and short and also scenarios in which we could not score TDs near the goalline last season. If he can help remedy those issues his role could be vital for us separating from teams and blowing teams out when compared to 2017.

Advertisement
I’m pulling for Choc. He’s huge with speed

I’m pulling for him as well not only because of his physical tools but mainly because he has been here and stuck it out and worked his *** off even when he’s been passed up by other backs.... Says a lot about his toughness and character! As with everyone else I will surely be rooting for him all year long whatever position he plays!

I’m pulling for him as well not only because of his physical tools but mainly because he has been here and stuck it out and worked his *** off even when he’s been passed up by other backs.... Says a lot about his toughness and character! As with everyone else I will surely be rooting for him all year long whatever position he plays!

I agree with you 💯 man. Love the character he’s shown up to this point

I think his role will be much bigger than that based on what the coaching staff is saying about him but let's say for the sake of argument what you are saying is true.
There were many instances in which we could not pick up 3rd and short and also scenarios in which we could not score TDs near the goalline last season. If he can help remedy those issues his role could be vital for us separating from teams and blowing teams out when compared to 2017.
Yes he may have a roll. He will be a situational player. The short yardage plays you are talking about will not be just fixed because you hand it to a 240lb guy, a 240lb guy that is not better than DJ or Homer. Oline has to knock people off the ball, plain and simple. I believe his real role should be FB/HB, situational carries and utilized out of the backfield. We are thin at TE so using him in this role I believe is more beneficial. We have a stable of backs not named him. JMO

Advertisement
Yes he may have a roll. He will be a situational player. The short yardage plays you are talking about will not be just fixed because you hand it to a 240lb guy, a 240lb guy that is not better than DJ or Homer. Oline has to knock people off the ball, plain and simple. I believe his real role should be FB/HB, situational carries and utilized out of the backfield. We are thin at TE so using him in this role I believe is more beneficial. We have a stable of backs not named him. JMO

I don't believe anyone is saying a bigger back is going to fix short yardage magically. And everyone would agree the OL has to improve so that point was pretty much moot. However, he can help be a part of the solution to the problem. And by all indications it seems like his role is going to be a lot more than most people thought it would be. Whether it be as a tailback or as a FB or as an H back I think he can be very useful and a lot more than just situational if what Rosier said in march is true about Richt wanting the I formation to be used a lot more frequently.

Last edited:
Preach brother. Preach!!
Go Canes!!!!!
DjclGjYXgAADaYw.jpg

Advertisement
Back