Thoughts on the oline class

Advertisement
It's a very solid OL class. Don't see Loftus panning out, but I think Haden Mahoney will prove the be a good pickup. Remaining guys solid. Given the right coach their play will be even better after the new coach is hired.

Honest question. Why didn't Milo have offers from USC or UCLA. If an LA kid is that good, why no offers from the 2 local schools? I'm not trying to be a ****, I think this kid will be good for us, I'm honestly curious.m I know he had offers from other Pac 12 schools, so I'm not dogging him or us.

Simple, the kid is nowhere near as highly regarded as our fan base makes him out to be. Both UCLA and USC posters said he is overrated and soft. Now is it sour grapes or is it fact? Hard to tell. We have had our own examples of highly rated kids that our mods and reporters said were overrated locally. Remember Greg Bryant and his 5 star ranking? What about T McFadden this year? Highly regarded but we didn't seem to really care and there were reports he was over hyped. Maybe both Sc and UCLA went full potato like we did with Skai a couple of years ago….

They called him soft?? But didnt he just body slam a player on the BB court at a game and got ejected?? Yeah, real softy......lol.... smh

Honest question. Why didn't Milo have offers from USC or UCLA. If an LA kid is that good, why no offers from the 2 local schools? I'm not trying to be a ****, I think this kid will be good for us, I'm honestly curious.m I know he had offers from other Pac 12 schools, so I'm not dogging him or us.

Simple, the kid is nowhere near as highly regarded as our fan base makes him out to be. Both UCLA and USC posters said he is overrated and soft. Now is it sour grapes or is it fact? Hard to tell. We have had our own examples of highly rated kids that our mods and reporters said were overrated locally. Remember Greg Bryant and his 5 star ranking? What about T McFadden this year? Highly regarded but we didn't seem to really care and there were reports he was over hyped. Maybe both Sc and UCLA went full potato like we did with Skai a couple of years ago….

No way this kid is soft.. just look at him he is a **** animal. Not to mention the story about him throwing a guy down and choking him out in a basketball game... Doesnt seem soft to me

The interesting thing for me regarding this O-line class is that there is no consensus about how to rank the 6 of them.

I know the same happened with the 4 RB's as well, but it seems like some people love Milo, some think he is soft. Some like Mahoney or Gauthier, but others think they will be mediocre at best. I also understand the O-line is particularly hard to evaluate at the high school level, its just interesting to hear such extreme differences in opinion on all the guys

Advertisement
I remember last year everyone was down on Nick Linder and called him a JAG...how stupid some of you are...

Really can't be down on this staffs OL recruiting since they got here. This class looks very good once again, especially when you add it to last years haul.

I remember people being harsh on Feliciano then he starts for 4 yrs and starts at 4 different positions. OL can be very hard to project

Advertisement
agree completely Brock. not a fan of Loftus but he's a biiiiiig boy lets see what Kehoe can't get out of him. the rest are already solid imo. their tapes don't lie.

I don't trust Kehoe's development ability as it pertains to someone who must be COMPLETELY developed and has very little raw skills. The Sonny project has done nothing for us. And he has had a bushel of other projects that flamed out in the past. (Pipho, St Pierre, Wohsloegger (sp?), Wimbs, to name a few)

But you give this guy a kid who has some skills and some talent but just needs someone to bring the dog out of him, I trust him all day.

The Oline recruiting has been top notch the last 2-3 years. Have no clue why RBs wouldn't be standing in line to run behind them. Esp seeing what they did for Duke.

I 100% disagree with your statement.

No way this kid is soft.. just look at him he is a **** animal. Not to mention the story about him throwing a guy down and choking him out in a basketball game... Doesnt seem soft to me

It's always interesting what the other fans think though. They sure were wrong about Kaaya. Still it's difficult to sift through the BS cause too many times nobody can be objective about this stuff. Look at Kirby for us, many of our fans thought he was gonna be a difference maker for us and was a huge steal in 2012. In the meantime all the UGA posters thought he was severely overrated.

Advertisement
Back