Thoughts on the oline class

brock

All-American
Outside of maybe loftus the oline class looks very good if you watch their tape. Bar milo, tyree St. Louis, and Jahair jones are absolute beast at the position are the gems of this oline class. I just watched jones tape and he was dominating people. Gauthier is another who may have been vastly underrated by the recruiting sites. Mahoney is solid and has size. Lofus was a bit of a reach but he has some size tool him and can be an offensive guard imo

Advertisement
I love the O line class because the guy that people give thr most flak to is THE BIGGEST CANE FAN OUT OF THE 6.. You dont think he's gunna play with a chip on his shoulder????? I think he'll be a solid rotation player in 2 years just RS him this year....

agree completely Brock. not a fan of Loftus but he's a biiiiiig boy lets see what Kehoe can't get out of him. the rest are already solid imo. their tapes don't lie.

agree completely Brock. not a fan of Loftus but he's a biiiiiig boy lets see what Kehoe can't get out of him. the rest are already solid imo. their tapes don't lie.

Bar milo was pancaking everyone his whole junior tape. Gautheir has the best get off of any of the olineman imo.

I don't trust Kehoe's development ability as it pertains to someone who must be COMPLETELY developed and has very little raw skills. The Sonny project has done nothing for us. And he has had a bushel of other projects that flamed out in the past. (Pipho, St Pierre, Wohsloegger (sp?), Wimbs, to name a few)

But you give this guy a kid who has some skills and some talent but just needs someone to bring the dog out of him, I trust him all day.

The Oline recruiting has been top notch the last 2-3 years. Have no clue why RBs wouldn't be standing in line to run behind them. Esp seeing what they did for Duke.

Advertisement
I remember last year everyone was down on Nick Linder and called him a JAG...how stupid some of you are...

Just an FYI guys Loftus was injured his junior and senior year, i believe it was a broken foot his senior year so don't sleep on him. He's tough and willing to fight through injury.

Just an FYI guys Loftus was injured his junior and senior year, i believe it was a broken foot his senior year so don't sleep on him. He's tough and willing to fight through injury.

Well that changes things imo. As a lineman playing with a foot injury i imagine would be extremely hard. He definitely has the size and with kehoe he will be coached up imo..

I don't trust Kehoe's development ability as it pertains to someone who must be COMPLETELY developed and has very little raw skills. The Sonny project has done nothing for us. And he has had a bushel of other projects that flamed out in the past. (Pipho, St Pierre, Wohsloegger (sp?), Wimbs, to name a few)

But you give this guy a kid who has some skills and some talent but just needs someone to bring the dog out of him, I trust him all day.

The Oline recruiting has been top notch the last 2-3 years. Have no clue why RBs wouldn't be standing in line to run behind them. Esp seeing what they did for Duke.

I am going strictly off of memory, but a lot of those full development projects (outside of Sonny) were lacking in some physical respect. Pretty sure I had a class with Wolshlager (no clue on spelling either) and he was not d1 lineman size. Wasn't St. Pierre also skinny? And pipho was never good but he played.

Point is, I don't have a problem taking a small number of utility guys who have a good frame. What I don't understand is why we don't do that with skill position players with good speed but less than ideal size.

Advertisement
I remember last year everyone was down on Nick Linder and called him a JAG...how stupid some of you are...

mayb I missed it but was Linder out there dominating people or something??? just b/c we had a lot of injuries and was forced to play doesn't mean he's not a jag. Now i like Linder coming out at center. you just need to be smart and quick with technique for our system and I think he can do that but I think people are too quick to crown people just b/c he played quicker than people thought. same with that DT Jenkins who had like 12 tackles or something like that and people act like he was an All american last year. gotta stop pre-crowning these dudes so quickly

I 100% trust in Kehoe's developmental ability, its his evals I don't trust. Kehoe will take an average OL and make him good. His problem has always been that he gets lazy and ****y with recruiting and thinks he can take anyone and turn them into something. Some guys just aren't good and no amount of coaching will change that. Also Sonny sucks but that was expected with the guy. The from the jump this kid was a project that shouldn't have been expected to see any action til his 3rd or 4th year. He is a project that is high risk/reward.

Honest question. Why didn't Milo have offers from USC or UCLA. If an LA kid is that good, why no offers from the 2 local schools? I'm not trying to be a ****, I think this kid will be good for us, I'm honestly curious.m I know he had offers from other Pac 12 schools, so I'm not dogging him or us.

Honest question. Why didn't Milo have offers from USC or UCLA. If an LA kid is that good, why no offers from the 2 local schools? I'm not trying to be a ****, I think this kid will be good for us, I'm honestly curious.m I know he had offers from other Pac 12 schools, so I'm not dogging him or us.

Simple, the kid is nowhere near as highly regarded as our fan base makes him out to be. Both UCLA and USC posters said he is overrated and soft. Now is it sour grapes or is it fact? Hard to tell. We have had our own examples of highly rated kids that our mods and reporters said were overrated locally. Remember Greg Bryant and his 5 star ranking? What about T McFadden this year? Highly regarded but we didn't seem to really care and there were reports he was over hyped. Maybe both Sc and UCLA went full potato like we did with Skai a couple of years ago….

Advertisement

Usc and ucla didn't think much of Brad kaaya until late in the process either. Milo was rated a 94 on 247. He dominated at his all star game and was good in highschool

Fine but he's horribly slow and lacks a lot of technique. He's a 3 year project. Gauthier, I don't know enough, but Loftus is quite underwhelming. Watched him in some games and I was unimpressed.

I am going strictly off of memory, but a lot of those full development projects (outside of Sonny) were lacking in some physical respect. Pretty sure I had a class with Wolshlager (no clue on spelling either) and he was not d1 lineman size. Wasn't St. Pierre also skinny? And pipho was never good but he played.

Point is, I don't have a problem taking a small number of utility guys who have a good frame. What I don't understand is why we don't do that with skill position players with good speed but less than ideal size.

Went to school with him too. It wasn't his size, he legit 6'5" 290-300. He lacked the athleticism and mind set needed for the next level.

Advertisement

Went to school with him too. It wasn't his size, he legit 6'5" 290-300. He lacked the athleticism and mind set needed for the next level.

Played against wollshlager in high school....he was Big...also went against him in track. Thought for sure he would be a stud because everyone d-ck rode him at sta and in broward. Think the undersized guy was Pipho.

I didn't want Kehoe back. But tbh, I think he's done a **** good job with the line, and these past two classes will restock or make it even better. OL is not our problem. Really like this class at OL, and Norton may eventually move there to make it even better. What we need is a guy like Collins or Scarlett who could get the tough yards when needed to increase our 3rd/4th-down conversion rates. OL alone cannot do it, the back needs to deliver. And we still don't have that guy. Edwards is improving, but is no Collins/Scarlett. That's the hole. And Carroll better learn something from his dad, because the WRs disappeared in several games last year, and Coley and Herb took steps back.

Fine but he's horribly slow and lacks a lot of technique. He's a 3 year project. Gauthier, I don't know enough, but Loftus is quite underwhelming. Watched him in some games and I was unimpressed.

I agree but with the way this class shaped up we can afford to RS shirt him and wait, we'll have 16 Lineman heading into 2016 so we can spend next year concentrating on 2 Bluechippers or "trading up" which will save next years schollys for defense and skill positions. . The other plus side is got a foot in the door to Godby, they pump out some talent.

St Louis has potential to be a good one. Not sold on Milo at all. If Norton plays Guard, he could also be a good one. Will fail if we try and make him a DT. Lotus is very stiff. Needs to add alot of flexibility. Main thing though is some depth.

Advertisement
Back