Thoughts on the Miami Immortals 7-on-7 tryout

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
This past Saturday, I visited our old friend Coach Duasso for his Miami Immortals tryouts at St. Brendan. He has one of the top 7on7 teams in the country with several Miami targets. In the past couple years, we've landed Kam Kinchens, Wesley Bissainthe, Romello Brinson and Kahlil Brantley from this program. All the kids mentioned below are 2023 unless otherwise noted.

- Robbie Washington might be the best athlete down here, period. He is built like a 5'11 RB and is extremely explosive. He was catching TDs, intercepting passes and doing back handsprings in the end zone. His brother, Bobby, missed the tryout due to injury.

- Jalen Brown is skinny but has a deceptively long frame. He's also a competitor. A younger kid was barking at him on the sideline, so he made him come in, lined him up, asked the QB to throw a go-ball and ran right by the kid for a TD. The 10.6 speed is legit and translates to the field. He dropped a couple passes but is a hands-catcher and more of a football player than a track guy. He also played CB and shut down his side. Chris Henderson-potential on that side of the ball.

- Tyler Aronson ('24) was by far the best QB there, even with a sore shoulder. He is every bit of 6'2+ with strong legs and room to grow. Expect him to be a national recruit now that he's at STA.

- Richard Dandridge of Homestead is a smooth operator on both ends. Very coordinated, can change speeds and is a matchup nightmare out of the slot. Does not have elite speed but is a true athlete. He had several big catches and picks.

- There were several big-bodied WR/DBs with P5 physical tools. I mistook Derrick Bohler (Palmetto) for Brandon Inniss when I first saw him. He looks like him in the face and has similar size and game. Excellent route runner with college-ready frame. Arizona offered in December. Micah Mays (Benjamin) was one of Aronson's top targets last season and just picked up a Wake Forest offer. He is 6'1- 6'2 with an effortless running style at WR or CB. Regional champ in the 400M (49.23) and second in the 200M (22.5). Also finished 4th in state in triple jump (13.02 meters). Antwaan Mays is another big kid (6'2, 195) who can play on either side of the ball. Him and Antonio Smith (6'3, 184) help give Gulliver one of the biggest secondaries in the state. Mays plays more offense than Smith, but both fit well at safety.

- Adam Moore (Booker T) is a cheat code at H-back. He reminds me of of a more talented Kahlil Brantley.

- Two backs stood out for their explosiveness. Jamari Ford (Northwestern) is only 5'6 but is a natural playmaker like his brother, Johnny, who is starring for FAU. Nobody could stay with him on Saturday. Isaac Brown ('24) is a rising junior out of Homestead who will become a national name. He's not huge (5'9, 180) or overly elusive, but he is well put-together with elite straight-line burst.

- Several older players were in attendance, including Kam Kinchens, Kahlil Brantley and Tyrique Stevenson. Camden Brown (Auburn signee) was also there and looked like he was in his third year of college. We may regret not pursuing that one harder.

- John Ruiz Sr. spoke to the players and announced that the Cigarette Racing Team would sponsor the Immortals. They will also be filming a docuseries on the team.

Advertisement
Any update on where Miami stand with these kids?

I thought Gaby did a premium write up for 247 or something like that on where Miami stood after the weekend with some of the kids

Advertisement
Washington is dynamite I know I’m gonna get crucified for this but I don’t want jalen at wr he drops to consistently and he could make ridiculous money and not get bashed when he drops a pic instead of a td
Nobody is a finished product out of HS. That's why we have coaches. From what I've seen from his highlights, we should want him in the class.

Nobody is a finished product out of HS. That's why we have coaches. From what I've seen from his highlights, we should want him in the class.
Oh I want him in the class 100% just not at wr kid is really good I just think it would be his best interest to be a cb

Advertisement
I confuse Washington and Nathaniel Joseph all the time. Those two can move and they are very shifty. At some point we should take some of these guys and put them wherever if they are ok and wont be disgruntled. For me, Jalen Brown, Hykeem, Joseph and Washington are my guys. Elite speed and playmaking ability.

Advertisement
Which one? Gabby was there for 247 and Matt Suero was there for Rivals. @Geo305 was out there, as well.

Ah, looks like it was Suero.

Post 18 on this thread, 10 seconds in, the video flips 90 degrees...

Advertisement
- Robbie Washington might be the best athlete down here, period. He is built like a 5'11 RB and is extremely explosive. He was catching TDs, intercepting passes and doing back handsprings in the end zone. His brother, Bobby, missed the tryout due to injury.
Wait... the brothers are Robbie and Bobby? So both nicknames (at least historically) of the same name? It's like Pete and Pete!

The footage I saw of Jalen Brown at CB looked extremely impressive. Has all the tools to be a stud. But like everyone has said, a supreme athlete like that..you get him and let him choose what he wants to do.

Advertisement
Back