Thoughts on Schiano

Love Butch but hate Schiano? we had the best defence we ever seen with Schiano at the helm, i would love him as our DC but dont sleep on him with the X's and O's

How old are you??? Schiano did not have the best defense ever at Miami... You ever see Miami defense under Howard and Jimmy..
Prior to Schiano getting the DC job at Miami he was an assistant for Wannstedt with the dolphins.. no experience as a DC before that.. he got the job because Wanny gave him to Butch thru that good old boy system. People down her were going nuts because of it.... The only reason that defense was good was because of the talent that Butch had recruited on the defensive side of the ball once sanctions were lifted...most of those guys were young in 98 but they were ready to play in 99-2000... The only difference in philosophy was we blitzed all the time..

Advertisement
Dont want at all. When not w single player on your team likes you it means you're just not a good coach

However it seems that everyone loved Coker, Shannon, and Golden. Being loved doe's not seem to produce a winning team.

I'm not saying that being liked or loved means you're a good/winning coach.
I am saying that when not a single player that has ever played for you likes you, you are a bad coach, plain and simple.
And the players didn't lobby for Coker to be the coach because they loved him, they lobbied for him because he was familiar and they knew that he wouldn't change anything, and they were right.

Advertisement
Back