Thoughts on Manny as Athletic Director?

Advertisement
I guess some people fail up in the OP's world.

Why not Al Golden for AD while we're at it?

Advertisement
If you're talking about Manny JUST as an AD this isn't really super insane.

- He's more alpha than a lot of them (certainly more than Flake) and he absolutely has a cutthroat side
- He has politician genetics. He's aware of optics and how to play social causes.
- The world of local community "power players" and money wouldn't be new to him.
- He's seemingly well liked by the women's athletic programs
- He's relatively young

Hey I'm not saying I'd hire him as an AD or that I'd everrrrr consider him to hold two jobs at once but I do think you could do a lot worse (especially in South Florida) if he just decided tomorrow to retire from coaching and seek an administrative role somewhere.

Advertisement
What second year HC can you point to that’s doing better in all facets of his program?
My brotha...10 losses, 0 division titles or bowl wins and naming himself DC after 2 seasons to save his yob isn't the best look. There's positive aspects of his tenure (offseason national championships, talent acquisition, diagnosing and fixing staffing issues, beating the **** out FSU), and I wouldn't call his first 2 seasons a complete failure because the trajectory looks better than it has since 2017, but he better win 10 games and/or the division pretty soon before the banners begin to fly again. We're pretty impatient down here in Carl Gables.

My brotha...10 losses, 0 division titles or bowl wins and naming himself DC after 2 seasons to save his yob isn't the best look. There's positive aspects of his tenure (offseason national championships, talent acquisition, diagnosing and fixing staffing issues, beating the **** out FSU), and I wouldn't call his first 2 seasons a complete failure because the trajectory looks better than it has since 2017, but he better win 10 games and/or the division pretty soon before the banners begin to fly again. We're pretty impatient down here in Carl Gables.

Ok. Who’s trending better?

Advertisement
Now I know you're reaching. The only reason he lost 1 more game than Manny is because he PLAYED one more game than Manny. Bonus points to you if you can name which game that was.
Reaching?

Are you insinuating last years team loses to GT if it wasn’t canceled?

They lost to FSU man.

Reaching?

Are you insinuating last years team loses to GT if it wasn’t canceled?

They lost to FSU man.
UNC destroyed us last year. That argument is a push. Also, Manny is 0-1 to GT, so…great argument on your part. Manny can lose to any team at any time, or have you forgotten he is the only Miami coach to have lost to FIU and La. Tech?

Advertisement
UNC destroyed us last year. That argument is a push. Also, Manny is 0-1 to GT, so…great argument on your part. Manny can lose to any team at any time, or have you forgotten he is the only Miami coach to have lost to FIU and La. Tech?

Lmao.

You keep on holding on to season one super tight dude, its much more important and telling than everything that’s happened since.

Lmao.

You keep on holding on to season one super tight dude, its much more important and telling than everything that’s happened since.
Sorry, but that season makes up 50% of his coaching career. If you want to ignore it, that's on you. I was thinking the 15-0 posts were a joke, but it seems like you legit think that so there really is no more argument here.

Keep latching on to the "winning the offseason" hype. That's all we will be winning from here on out.

Advertisement
Back