Thoughts on Jack Allison

Hurricanes_5

Band
Banned
I really think Jack Allison has a legit chance to win the starting job no way he just rolls over and dies. The guy is just as talented as perry.I just cannot anoint a true freshman. Brad started but this is different every quarterback we had when brad was a freshman was terrible besides ryan williams. I think perry can be good but he gotta go through it just like any other player. The worst thing that could happen for perry is he starts and is terrible fans will call for someone else. Whoever is the starter deserves time to develop.

Advertisement
i watched jack allison highschool and allstar game. some people just have that it, he was good for us because we didn't have no one else to be excited about. its like getting harley happy, than you get thomas, fist pumping!! dont get me wrong kid has a strong arm, but he is not accurate and he don't have that it. imo>

This dude was ranked the #68 overall recruit on ESPN last year. 30 spots ahead of Shaq. Yet everyone has already written him off for some reason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This dude was ranked the #68 overall recruit on ESPN last year. 30 spots ahead of Shaq. Yet everyone has already written him off for some reason.

Everybody? You were the 4th response in the thread, WTF you talking bout?

Uh, bud...this isn't the first thread on Jack Allison.

Yeah. The coaches haven't metioned him much, if at all.

There's a new article from the Herald where Jon Richt is talking about each of the QB's already on the roster. Used the word "excited" about Allison and bland remarks about competition with the others. He said something along the lines of Allison being too thin last year, which makes me think they'll redshirt Perry. Hopefully Weldon too. We'll have 6 QB's on the roster, no need to burn their shirts unless one will be starting.

Yeah I don't get it either. He was highly rated coming out of HS yet most of our fans seem to view him as a JAG. Just because he didn't win the backup job as a true freshman doesn't mean we should write him off. It is possible that he got better throughout the season last year.

Advertisement
Listening to Richt and staff I get the impression their going on last springs/summer workouts...Ending in order, Kaaya-Rosier-Sherriffs-and Allison in a tie with Testaverde...

Advertisement
Yeah I don't get it either. He was highly rated coming out of HS yet most of our fans seem to view him as a JAG. Just because he didn't win the backup job as a true freshman doesn't mean we should write him off. It is possible that he got better throughout the season last year.

How were his stats his senior year? I vaguely remember them not impressing me but I'm not 100% sure. I like Allison but he wasn't richts recruit so Perry and weldon have an edge on him there. Him being inconsistent is what is keeping him down and is what is making everyone unsure about him. That being said, whatever QB starts will have their defencincies covered by the explosiveness of our skill players so as long as they can deliver the ball one will flourish.

Was actually going to post a similar question today... For those that have observed practice, or seem Allison throw in person, what held him back from locking down the backup position last year? We read reports of him being behind Rosier and Sherriffs both all last year... Difficulty learning the playbook? Turnovers in practice? Are the other guys just better? Curious if anyone could shed some light on his situation. [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] etc.

Advertisement
Back