Thoughts on Jack Allison

Was actually going to post a similar question today... For those that have observed practice, or seem Allison throw in person, what held him back from locking down the backup position last year? We read reports of him being behind Rosier and Sherriffs both all last year... Difficulty learning the playbook? Turnovers in practice? Are the other guys just better? Curious if anyone could shed some light on his situation. [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] etc.

J Richt was saying that Allison was running the scout team. He was being redshirted, so saying he was "behind Rosier and Sherriffs all last year" might be a bit misleading. Would love to hear from those who have more insight and have seen each play though.

Advertisement
Was actually going to post a similar question today... For those that have observed practice, or seem Allison throw in person, what held him back from locking down the backup position last year? We read reports of him being behind Rosier and Sherriffs both all last year... Difficulty learning the playbook? Turnovers in practice? Are the other guys just better? Curious if anyone could shed some light on his situation. [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] etc.

Ask Austin pennyfinger from his account jack is very talented but can get real hot or real cold

J Richt was saying that Allison was running the scout team. He was being redshirted, so saying he was "behind Rosier and Sherriffs all last year" might be a bit misleading. Would love to hear from those who have more insight and have seen each play though.

I might also be remembering wrong. I thought I remember practice reports from last year that either said he was struggling or just didn't mention him at all with the other QBs.

Ask Austin pennyfinger from his account jack is very talented but can get real hot or real cold

I know that was probably an autocorrect but "Austin Pennyfinger" sounds like an awesome Bond villain...

I know that was probably an autocorrect but "Austin Pennyfinger" sounds like an awesome Bond villain...
Ain't that his name lol? The one who was on the podcast a few weeks back
Edit: Austin pfenninger

Last edited:
Advertisement
Allison will transfer if he doesn't make the 2 deep

100%.

If he's 3rd BEFORE Perry arrives on campus, he's gonna be able to read the writing on the wall, and push the transfer button in time to be on another roster by summer session, IMO.

I think the plan going into the season with Jack was to redshirt him unless he could clearly separate himself as the #2 . Since it was too close of a call it wasn't worth burning the shirt. He had some difficulty with the playbook and a bit of inconsistency but he improved a lot over the season. Jack has a cannon and can thread the needle, but having that gunslinger mentality has caused him to force some throws too.

I stated the day Kaaya declared that Allison would be our starting QB in 17...I'm sticking with this..

Advertisement
I stated the day Kaaya declared that Allison would be our starting QB in 17...I'm sticking with this..
That was my initial prediction as well. It makes sense in theory. He's had a year to learn the offense and it would give the two true freshman a year to do the same. However, the wild card is the fact that Richt didn't recruit Allison. Reading the tea leaves based on Richt's latest comments, I'm thinking it's going to be either Weldon or Perry unless they both seem completely overwhelmed.

Rosier in all likelihood will be the starter.

I've said it all along, I doubt Jack ever plays a meaningful down for us.

Rosier in all likelihood will be the starter.

I've said it all along, I doubt Jack ever plays a meaningful down for us.
The only way Rosier is the starter is if Perry and Weldon completely **** the bed. Even then, I'm not convinced he beats out Allison.

Advertisement
This dude was ranked the #68 overall recruit on ESPN last year. 30 spots ahead of Shaq. Yet everyone has already written him off for some reason.

C'mon, you know how this goes. If he doesn't stand out immediately everybody moves on to the next big thing. By November Perry will be in Heisman contention or it'll turn out that he's not nearly as good as that 2018 kid.

Advertisement
This dude was ranked the #68 overall recruit on ESPN last year. 30 spots ahead of Shaq. Yet everyone has already written him off for some reason.

C'mon, you know how this goes. If he doesn't stand out immediately everybody moves on to the next big thing. By November Perry will be in Heisman contention or it'll turn out that he's not nearly as good as that 2018 kid.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just let it play out. Let the 5 kids compete. All 5 have ability, this is great.

0% chance Rosier starts. 0. Only reason he was the backup was because there was no point in burning the redshirt on Allison to play a few snaps here and there in blowouts.

Remember when Spencer Whipple was our backup? Was that because he beat out Morris or because staff wanted to redshirt Morris. We found out when Jacory got hurt and Morris' shirt got burned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

0% chance Rosier starts. 0. Only reason he was the backup was because there was no point in burning the redshirt on Allison to play a few snaps here and there in blowouts.

Remember when Spencer Whipple was our backup? Was that because he beat out Morris or because staff wanted to redshirt Morris. We found out when Jacory got hurt and Morris' shirt got burned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
This guy gets it.

Advertisement
Back