Thoughts from seeing the game live

Did you ever play?

Seems you're caught up in something silly looking to **** on that one moment.

You win a close game, you're happy. You win a game in that weather, you're happy as bad weather games don't often go as planned.

This team is aware of last season. That's also another reason to be happy, we would've likely lost last year.

Guy saw that and took a slide. So what? We've got two weeks to heal up and put in the work.

5-1 to start the season, not always pretty in how we won, that's a good place to be in. As you said, 6-7 last year, we've improved. Again, work to be done, but gawd forbid someone actually have a fun moment. Tragedy I tell you.
Not football but baseball, on good and bad teams. Still, it's easy to recognize coaches/managers that have "it" or not.

And the entire point that you've seemed to overlook, is establishing a winners mind set. Not being satisfied if you didn't play up to your capabilities even if you pulled out a win.

Advertisement
Not football but baseball, on good and bad teams. Still, it's easy to recognize coaches/managers that have "it" or not.

And the entire point that you've seemed to overlook, is establishing a winners mind set. Not being satisfied if you didn't play up to your capabilities even if you pulled out a win.

Not related to Manny or Miami, but if it is easy why is it so difficult across college football?

Not related to Manny or Miami, but if it is easy why is it so difficult across college football?
From the outside it's not easy. You have to watch the play, read the tea leaves, and make judgements. But if you're on a team, you see first hand who is effective and gets results and who doesn't.

That was a really bad choice. At the same time, he had just dodged a major bullet, a disastrous loss, so maybe he momentarily lost his sense of judgement, but it was definitely not a a good look from my perspective.

What’s important is what he does from here. I’ve been saying all along, it will be his full body of work this year that will be the final determinant.
I would agree with you had he not been filmed jumping and dancing after a close victory against a mighty Central Michigan.

From the outside it's not easy. You have to watch the play, read the tea leaves, and make judgements. But if you're on a team, you see first hand who is effective and gets results and who doesn't.
Got it. Was asking in the context of how many coaching hire failures there are across the country by reputable programs.

I mean Mark Richt failed here...

Advertisement
Here's one team I really like a lot, and Ive been impressed every time Ive seen them - BYU

Really good QB's, they're physical, have speed on the outside, and compete well all the time
You're kidding right...I guess you didn't see their game a few weeks ago against powerhouse UTSA...they were favored by 35...and won by 7...at home in Provo...my friend is still ****ed off talking about that game...

Another situation in the 4th that had me upset was the 4th a 4 on UVAs 40ish yard line. I wish Manny and Lashlee went for it. There was like 7 minutes left and they didn’t have any TO’s left. I felt like we could have gotten that first down and we would have been in fg range at worst.
Thank you. I was ****ed we didn't go for that. Do we not have a punt fake in the ****nal. Total beta football

Ah, baseball. There's a big difference in wet and dry games in football. Wet games, they can go any which way and you're just happy to win. Wet games level the playing field more often than not. No excuse, but that is the truth. I always hated the rain for that reason.

Advertisement
Thank you. I was ****ed we didn't go for that. Do we not have a punt fake in the ****nal. Total beta football

Wet field, pin them deep, and make them go the distance. We had their offense stalled all game, why give up yardage if we don't make it?

Seems like not enough praise for King, he was the best player on Miami Saturday and with out him we don’t win that game. Sloppy game don’t get me wrong but King brought home that victory for us.

Daniel Jones smacked us in a rain game 2 years ago if I’m remembering correctly. Rain is the ultimate equalizer

Here's one team I really like a lot, and Ive been impressed every time Ive seen them - BYU

Really good QB's, they're physical, have speed on the outside, and compete well all the time
And they are also 26 year olds playing college football.

Advertisement
Manny is tryna be Pete Carroll but can have recruit and manage top Dogs that make Pete Carroll look like a genius?

Good thorough-yet-concise write-up.

Manny's demeanor is a huge problem, one that isn't going to get fixed. He comes off as one off those dad's who hands out participation trophies or who celebrates 9th place ribbons like in Meet the Fockers. And he treats his players like they were his own kids. He coddles them is what he does. I said this after the UAB game when he was acting like we had just defeated the 72 Dolphins. A good coach doesn't do that. Schnelly and Butch wouldn't do that (I use the as examples because they each coached struggling/rebuilding teams). I don't even think Lashlee agrees with this.

As for the game, how come we stopped going to Mallory?? Would've loved to see a jump ball near the endzone on that great drive that ended with a FG. He was poised for a great game. Between him and Harley alone we should've had more points.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Guess he should just mope around or get mad huh?

I don't have a problem with that. Sloppy game in sloppy conditions.

You think it's going to be roses and sunshine at practice and in the film room? Do you think he's telling they don't have work to do?

Having fun for a few seconds after a tight win, during a tough time, in a weird home setting, in a weird year. You know what his players will remember, the slide. They won't remember the score, but they'll remember that fun little moment their entire life. Sometimes life is about little moments like that.

Jesus Christ you’re not in our admin are you?

That never happened. Anyway, nothing to do with his performance as head coach this year. He has one year to prove he’s worthy.
It did happen. There is video. Big red flag for me.

Either way, Diaz is staying the foreseeable future. Our AD will give him an extension after this year.

Last edited:
Zero film watching, zero game planning, zero preparation. Practice is useless because the coaches can’t actually teach. It’s just an extra week off from game speed for the players which is why they always look rusty. Lisp n slide has no clue what he’s doing.
🤣

Advertisement
Back