Thought on Thad Franklin

I’ll add that you really need 3 RBs a class to be a top tier offense. One who specializes in running down the right side of the field, and one who is elite at running on the left. Not just good elite, elite elite. Finally you need one guy who runs nothing but up the middle, much like Nick Saban has. In a perfect world you would also have a 4th: a “tricky back” who can run counters and catch passes, which are more complicated.

Do you think the one who runs to the left can be moved to striker? I think he's a striker in the staff's opinion.

Advertisement
I’ll add that you really need 3 RBs a class to be a top tier offense. One who specializes in running down the right side of the field, and one who is elite at running on the left. Not just good elite, elite elite. Finally you need one guy who runs nothing but up the middle, much like Nick Saban has. In a perfect world you would also have a 4th: a “tricky back” who can run counters and catch passes, which are more complicated.

In Saban case that RB is called a QB.

Advertisement
Staff offered and the kid is committed. All they can do is to keep stroking him and getting him of campus to keep him. Other schools will keep coming. IMO a big "skilled" back and an elusive pass catching back, Yulkeith, are perfect compliments. We can keep and get more top recruits, been said 1000 times, by winning. Outside of bags the only pitch advantage clemson and baga have is winning and playing for championships.
I thought it has been said that Yul position is slot no? Why is he getting so much RB talk?

Advertisement
Worried about PT?

Deejay will be gone Lingard and Davis will be seniors and he can share the load with Chaney who will be a sophomore. Any other school he goes to will have something similar if not more competition.
Lol right 😂 I’m saying the same thing. But these kids expect to be the premier guy Freshman/Sophomore year. When you see a couple of 5 stars ahead of you, kids feel a little different.

Worried about PT?

Deejay will be gone Lingard and Davis will be seniors and he can share the load with Chaney who will be a sophomore. Any other school he goes to will have something similar if not more competition.

Worried about PT, if he decommits will end up going to a school with multiple 4 and 5 star RBs on roster. Good stuff

Worried about PT, if he decommits will end up going to a school with multiple 4 and 5 star RBs on roster. Good stuff

No kidding. We'll have one player (admittedly an elite one) in the class ahead of him, and a big zero two classes ahead of him.

I guarantee you any other school he looks at will a deeper depth chart at RB than us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back