Thought on Thad Franklin

SouthCak Cane

Recruit
Last I seen he was 225 6’1 Mack truck! He is still growing I wonder what size the coaches want him to come in at and what back do people compare him too! I’m a fan of his running style and would like to see him paired with Yulkieth!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Milk.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You need a bruiser and a scat back, bro. Need complementary players, bro. You couldn’t get by with two Willis McGahees or two Duke Johnsons.
I’ll add that you really need 3 RBs a class to be a top tier offense. One who specializes in running down the right side of the field, and one who is elite at running on the left. Not just good elite, elite elite. Finally you need one guy who runs nothing but up the middle, much like Nick Saban has. In a perfect world you would also have a 4th: a “tricky back” who can run counters and catch passes, which are more complicated.

Staff offered and the kid is committed. All they can do is to keep stroking him and getting him of campus to keep him. Other schools will keep coming. IMO a big "skilled" back and an elusive pass catching back, Yulkeith, are perfect compliments. We can keep and get more top recruits, been said 1000 times, by winning. Outside of bags the only pitch advantage clemson and baga have is winning and playing for championships.

Don't forget that every class also requires a 6'5 WR endzone target, a speedster, and a "quick but not fast" slot guy with steady hands. Got to hit on all the cliches for a stable offense.
And we need a QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn, a 6'5" WR who can't jump or raise his hands higher than his ears, a 230 lb RB who runs straight up and falls over when hit, an OL who falls face down as his feet slide back on the turf....wait, we had all that.

Advertisement
Back