Those who want Manny fired. Poll question.

I would begin to support Manny again if...

• The team finished with 8 wins.

• Bowl Eligibilty.

• Beat FSU.

• Nothing can change my mind.

• Manny deserves more than 1 year no matter what.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
I do support Manny as figurehead as I support any HC we have. In Military, I supported my commanding officer. Some were really good. Some were awful. I supported their position as my leader. I've accounted for Manny being 1st year HC and gave him benefit of the doubt because of this. Was still hopeful following UF game. The last 2 games have been deplorable. What irks me most is how he acted in offseason. Would have thought we'd compete for a Natty this year with his (false) bravado. We would have been better off if he cut his HC teeth at Temple and possibly come here down the road if he moved up the ladder (somewhere a step above Temple) successfully before being considered here. Huge problem that I forgot to factor for: We are Temple until we make right hire(s).

Advertisement
Don't want Manny fired yet, but he has a ton of work to do between now and the end of the year.

I can live with some of the growing pains that come with being a first year HC. What I can't live with is allowing his team to come out so unbelievably flat that they fall behind a combined 45-3 to **** teams like UNC and VT. Happened once, you get the benefit of the doubt from me, twice you have a problem. The fact they rallied back both games is admirable but they never, ever should allow that to have happened.

Like I said yesterday, I sit 11 rows behind the Canes bench every game. Have NEVER seen a team come out looking so devoid of passion after falling behind early. Remember watching them last year against FSU and even down big, they were still jacked on the sidelines.

Don't know nearly as much as some on here about Xs and Os, but I know when a team is missing something, and our team was on Saturday.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mark Ritch is a really good coach and he went 7-6. That means that we are truly a 7-6 team talent wise

I am not surprised by our record. A good season for Miami is 4 losses
Manny said in the off-season the defense was elite. Said the problem was offense. Told us Mark Richt and his staff didn't meet the standard. Hired his Staff. The New Miami was here. I don't remember him saying this was a rebuild. Don't remember him saying it would take time. He was on the staff last year. He knew what we had. So tired of the Mark Richt talk. That man is gone. Manny sent passive aggressive shots at him all off-season. This is his team now. Let's stop making excuses for him. Talent had nothing to do with struggling against Central Michigan. Talent had nothing to do with losing to VTech with a converted wide receiver at Qb. We knew they were going to run the ball and still couldn't stop them.

Advertisement
W/L don’t matter to me and never have for a first year coach no matter experience or not.
The issue has always been when you discover that A,B, and C all fail who are you willing to cut loose and how much do you REALLY want to win.
You want to see the talent bubbling over and making plays even if a little lost at times. That makes it believe in a future.
Unfortunately I don’t see that hope and those playmakers all over the field where you go “man, if only we were more together we would blow this team out”. We don’t jump off the screen like an SEC team or even like FSU does at times

I do support Manny as figurehead as I support any HC we have. In Military, I supported my commanding officer. Some were really good. Some were awful. I supported their position as my leader. I've accounted for Manny being 1st year HC and gave him benefit of the doubt because of this. Was still hopeful following UF game. The last 2 games have been deplorable. What irks me most is how he acted in offseason. Would have thought we'd compete for a Natty this year with his (false) bravado. We would have been better off if he cut his HC teeth at Temple and possibly come here down the road if he moved up the ladder (somewhere a step above Temple) successfully before being considered here. Huge problem that I forgot to factor for: We are Temple until we make right hire(s).

thats on you for buying the offseason talk. we know this team wasnt anywhere close to a title contender or even ny6 team based on the OL alone (thats been clear to us since day 1 of the offseason). the schedule is soft so we should be playing better than we are and we shouldnt have lost to UNC or VT. manny would have to win out and get a bowl win for me

Advertisement
Can’t change my mind. You’re only delaying the inevitable for 2-4 more years.

However you need to make sure you have a coach better than him in place before letting him go. Let the season play out and see the coaching carousel at the end of the season.

If someone you really like is available you grab them and make offers immediately while letting Diaz walk.

If you don’t see a slam dunk available keep him buy allow him to make changes with staff in the off-season.

I picked bowl eligibility. That's admittedly a low bar to getting year 2 because firing a coach after one year is drastic. I'm of the opinion that were just delaying the inevitable, but if he gets to 6 wins I won't blow a gasket with his coming back next year. If he somehow wins 8 this year then, yea I'd reassess my opinion, but he's already a dead man walking from what I've seen. He's lost, overwhelmed, a bs'er who just got called out on all his talk.

Advertisement
Back